Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun (10565 Views)

Naira Crumbles To 920/$, Fuel Marketers Push For Fresh Price Hike / N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday / Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun by Creamz(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2022
Nigeria is just a very useless place. EFCC should arrest everybody in that office. The dollarisation of our economy is too much. They really need to be arrested
Re: Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun by Mariner22: 7:30pm On Dec 16, 2022
spencekat:
I have been frowning at this nonsense of paying in dollar while transacting with NPA or NIMASA here in Nigeria.
morning sir.
Are you in the maritime industry
Re: Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun by Mariner22: 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2022
spencekat:
Not understandable at all.Why will I pay NPA provisional bills or NIMASA 2% surcharge and Sea Protection Levy(SPL) in dollar when my vessel move just from Lagos to either Portharcourt or Warri to discharge her petroleum product?
morning sir. Are you in the maritime industry?
Re: Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun by webizone(m): 8:50pm On Dec 16, 2022
Well, I know that majority of Nigerians are not brilliant enough to know what this means.
Re: Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun by spencekat(m): 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2022
Mariner22:
morning sir. Are you in the maritime industry?
Morning.Yes
Re: Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun by webizone(m): 8:57pm On Dec 16, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Most African currencies are worthless because we do not rely on manufacturing for earning revenue.

Countires like Japan, China and in the good old days Germany, have strong currencies because they are reliant on manufacturing, which means they can set their prices of what they sell, and earn a lot of dollars.Currency buffered.

Countries like Nigeria, Ghana and Malawi export raw materials, whose prices are set by a central amorphous body somewhere in London or Paris or New York, and said prices never ever favor us. So, we don't earn dollars, and we end up with weak currencies...no dollars to buffer the currency.

Above is also why we are short on dollars all the time.

Well Ghana is now trying to survive by moving into manufacturing and pegging their currency to gold after being plunged into the dire situation right now. Maybe Nigeria is also waiting to go into hyperinflation before they do something.
Re: Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun by staneless(m): 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2022
Mystic216:
It’s even better
Since CBN & FG wants to be madt
Very soon boys will only be spending dollars in the street and market

To what end? undecided
Re: Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun by Mariner22: 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2022
spencekat:
Morning.Yes
that's good.
Am a cadet of NMU. Are you on deck, engine or ports? Can I send you a pm?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun by Wickedfacts: 12:35am On Dec 17, 2022
PrettyBolu:
Lies. They want to manipulate government.

In 2014, this APC government connived with marketers to hoard fuel and caused untold hardship for Nigerians just to ruin Buhari's government

I remember banks were closing by 1pm TV stations topped doing 24 hours.

Are you sure you are mentally okay?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun by balarabe01(m): 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2022
N317[b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu’s 2024 Budget Speech (Full Text) / Ebonyi Deputy Speaker, Odefa Impeached / I’ll Fight Insecurity, Invest In Tourism In Imo – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.