Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,894 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

They Call Okowa Road Master, But No Good Roads In Delta - Pela - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Call Okowa Road Master, But No Good Roads In Delta - Pela (270 Views)

Labour Party Ken Pela Wins Delta State Appeal Court Case / Peter Obi Campaigns For Ken Pela, Delta State LP Gubernatorial Candidate (Pics) / See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Call Okowa Road Master, But No Good Roads In Delta - Pela by bennybuhari: 10:48am On Dec 16, 2022
The governorship candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in Delta state, Ken Pela at the weekend said that the state governor, Ifeanyi Okowa does not deserve the title of ‘Road Master’ given to him by supporters of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state.

Speaking with newsmen, Pela also identified some shortcomings in the Okowa administration which he promises to address if elected as the governor of the state.

He said “There are a number of shortcomings in the Okowa administration. The one that aches me most is that my big brother (Okowa) is called The Road Master but on ground there are no roads in reality. We are in a state where over 70 percent of the population live far away from the state capital”.

“There are three possible roads to get to the state capital by this 70 percent of the population. One is through Benin which is a federal road which I can say is out of the control of the state government. The second one is the Eku Agbor which again is a federal road. Even I can say they are federal roads, those two roads are terrible. The third which is totally in control of the state government is Ugheli to Asaba. I have been using that road in the past twenty years and I can tell you it doesn’t make any sense”.

“ When there is flood, it is totally impassable. The roads are bad. If you notice I never talked about roads as part of my plan because that is a giving as far as I am concerned. That is my primary job. For me building of roads is not an achievement; my achievements should be growing the economy; baking a new cake and that is why I didn’t bother talking about roads. That is one area the administration hasn’t done quite well”.

“There is the other one, inequity, for lack of better word. We have three new universities and we have three senatorial districts. We should expect that one senatorial district will have one each but there is one university in the south and two in the north. The only one previously in the central was downgraded and a lot of faculties taking to other places. Also there is concentration of a lot of developmental projects in one area”.

“ I know human being can never be satisfied no matter how you treat them but you just have to ensure equity because as long as you are just, equitable and fair, when they write petition, people will still see that you are just” he said.

https://independent.ng/okowa-doesnt-deserve-road-master-appellation-pela/

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Atiku's Wife Asks Nigerians To Vote Tinubu / Afamation Movement Hosts Senator Ifeanyi Ubah In Ekwulobia, Anambra State / Lagos Blue Rail Marina-mile-2 Blue Line Ready (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.