Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

How Much Is A Medical Checkup? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Much Is A Medical Checkup? (2562 Views)

COVID-19: A Medical Team From China Coming To Nigeria Soon - Osagie Ehanire / NGOs Hold Mega Charity Campaign Outreach Give Out Walking Aids, Health Checkup / Nigerian Man Dies Midair On His Way To France For Medical Checkup. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by meobizy(f): 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
As the title says.
Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by God1000(m): 1:34pm On Dec 16, 2022
It depends on the hospital
Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by meobizy(f): 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2022
God1000:
It depends on the hospital
Okay. Can you list prices for the ones you know?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by God1000(m): 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2022
meobizy:
Okay. Can you list prices for the ones you know?
with 10-20k you should be able to do a check up whether in a private or public health facility.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by meobizy(f): 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2022
God1000:
with 10-20k you should be able to do a check up whether in a private or public health facility.
That cheap? Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by God1000(m): 1:51pm On Dec 16, 2022
meobizy:
That cheap? Thank you.
you are welcome
Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by seborrhic: 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2022
meobizy:
That cheap? Thank you.
A medical check-up,that includes necessary tests will set you back between ₦60k-₦70k(because proper medical check-up will include investigations for heart,liver and kidney functions with sugar and blood level tests)
The person saying btw 10k-20k probably only thinks by medical check-up means you opening a hospital card and the doctor examining you(consultation fee) and probably running their usual malaria& typhoid which by the way are not actually standard tests during a medical check-up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by emmaodet: 6:41pm On Dec 16, 2022
I do proper medical check-up yearly and will recommend it for nigerians to be doing it.

It is between 30-45k depending on hospital and location.

It is a standard offshore requirement for us and there are accredited hospitals we must use after which we are issued medical certificate.
They will do virtually all test including x-ray and EGC.
It is good to carry out this test because they detect early medical problems.
In 2017, they detected that i had too much fat in my heart through the EGC printout and recommended regular exercises and gym to me which improved in the 2019 reading.
If i wasn't doing these tests, probably would have slumped one day and people will term it as village people.

In 2020, i detected glaucoma also which have been using the eye drop. Imaging not carrying out these tests, i would have gone blind one day and it would be termed village people.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by ajsans: 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2022
emmaodet:
I do proper medical check-up yearly and will recommend it for nigerians to be doing it.

It is between 30-45k depending on hospital And location.

Please where do you do your proper medical checkup for such price.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by meobizy(f): 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
seborrhic:

A medical check-up,that includes necessary tests will set you back between ₦60k-₦70k(because proper medical check-up will include investigations for heart,liver and kidney functions with sugar and blood level tests)
The person saying btw 10k-20k probably only thinks by medical check-up means you opening a hospital card and the doctor examining you(consultation fee) and probably running their usual malaria& typhoid which by the way are not actually standard tests during a medical check-up.
This is more like it. Many Nigerians can afford 10 to 20 thousand Nigeria. Medical checkups still aren’t ubiquitous, meaning the procedure is more expensive.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by meobizy(f): 8:39pm On Dec 16, 2022
emmaodet:

It is a standard offshore requirement for us and there are accredited hospitals we must use after which we are issued medical certificate.
In 2017, they detected that i had too much fat in my heart through the EGC printout and recommended regular exercises and gym to me which improved in the 2019 reading.
If i wasn't doing these tests, probably would have slumped one day and people will term it as village people.

In 2020, i detected glaucoma also which have been using the eye drop. Imaging not carrying out these tests, i would have gone blind one day and it would be termed village people.
…only you? Are you sure the nature of your job isn’t the reason?
Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by MufasaLion: 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2022
emmaodet:

That glaucoma is a very bad eye problem.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by emmaodet: 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2022
MufasaLion:

That glaucoma is a very bad eye problem.

Very very bro.

It is one of the silent killer diseases.

You won’t know you have not see any symptoms. Just blindness one day …Gbam

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by emmaodet: 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2022
meobizy:
…only you? Are you sure the nature of your job isn’t the reason?

Glaucoma is hereditary most times but the fat in the heart is due to once’s diet and lack of exercise

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by MufasaLion: 5:09pm On Dec 17, 2022
emmaodet:

Very very bro.

It is one of the silent killer diseases.

You won’t know you have not see any symptoms. Just blindness one day …Gbam

I have someone that's totally blind now because of it. It's hereditary; his father had it before his death. Sadly, people don't like going to the clinic but can go to church or mosque for days to pray for miracle or whatever they call it.

Well, I don't pity anybody that ends up battling with any health issues after series of advise to visit the clinic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by emmaodet: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2022
MufasaLion:

I have someone that's totally blind now because of it. It's hereditary; his father had it before his death. Sadly, people don't like going to the clinic but can go to church or mosque for days to pray for miracle or whatever they call it.

Well, I don't pity anybody that ends up battling with any health issues after series of advise to visit the clinic.

Don’t blame them bro. Poverty is a real big disease here.

Most people are struggling to live so wasting extra money on Medicals looks stupid to them.
There are things people need to be doing but because of poverty and too many kids, they don’t.

Even insurance like NHIS and education insurance for kids are normal things parents need to do but poverty is too much.
Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by meobizy(f): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2022
emmaodet:

Most people are struggling to live so wasting extra money on Medicals looks stupid to them.
There are things people need to be doing but because of poverty and too many kids, they don’t.

Even insurance like NHIS and education insurance for kids are normal things parents need to do but poverty is too much.
You can’t blame stupidity on poverty. People with no means to feed should not bear more than one child if any at all.
One can say the cost is too high, but twenty thousand Naira for a basic checkup is affordable for the lowest salary earner.

The same way some people deep in poverty find ways to share meals is the same way anybody with an iota of commonsense should test their health.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by MufasaLion: 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2022
emmaodet:

Brother, poverty shouldn't be a reason they should become stupid. There's no excuse for foolishness. Why would two struggling adults come together to marry? Why would they breed like rodents when they know there's no finance?

At the end of the day, the kids will become menace to the society or whenever health challenges struck, they start running helter skelter.

So, no, I don't pity them. Read through many threads on here and see how young and struggling men are littering the forum with questions about if they should marry now all because of age. Imagine a 27-30 year-old struggling guy having marriage on his mind instead of focusing on financial stability.

Most people are the cause of their misfortune. If you're from a poor background, ensure you strive to break out, so as to make life easier for the future generations you are bringing in. In fact, the rich and the elites don't breed like rodents.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by Konquest: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2022
emmaodet:

Deep insights... Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by Chaos14: 8:53am On Jan 04, 2023
meobizy:
As the title says.
You need the checkup because you're mentaly i'll
Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by meobizy(f): 9:37am On Jan 04, 2023
Chaos14:
You need the checkup because you're mentaly i'll
Hehehe. Keep going. Your ban is incoming.
Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by Chaos14: 9:39am On Jan 04, 2023
meobizy:
Hehehe. Keep going. Your ban is incoming.
You think i'm afraid of an animal like you
Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by JFOD: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
emmaodet:

Will you say 110k is outrageous? X-ray not included and I doubt they'd be doing eye test. I think it's just blood , heart etc test
Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by emmaodet: 11:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
JFOD:

Will you say 110k is outrageous? X-ray not included and I doubt they'd be doing eye test. I think it's just blood , heart etc test

Outrageous bro, outrageous without x-ray and eye test.
Outrageous
Re: How Much Is A Medical Checkup? by JFOD: 11:47am On Apr 13, 2023
emmaodet:

Outrageous bro, outrageous without x-ray and eye test.
Outrageous

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Armpit Sweat Won't Stop! / Photos What Cocaine Intake Can Do You.(viewers Discretion Advised) / They Know The Cure! Say Goodbye To Cancer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.