Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:55 PM

Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre (14774 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features / Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu Launches SWAGA '23 In Lagos / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre by tyinfinity: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2022
Anambra has not commissioned any meaningful project due to peter obi maladministration in the state.it will take Anambra 200 years to fix the damage of Dubious OSU peter gringori Obi

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre by Rick9(m): 8:30am On Dec 17, 2022
Lagos State be doing the most.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre by CaptainFM1: 8:36am On Dec 17, 2022
Freethinker87:
Where is the data centre? Ok, we have seen the beautiful pink hue photos of Sanwo Olu but where are the servers? The mediocrity we keep celebrating in Lagos is really embarrassing.

A data centre is a building that houses storage systems we call servers. Here is what a data centre looks like.

The level with which Sanwo-Olu disrespects our intelligence is painful. Most of the achievements he commissions and celebrates are fictitious. 4 years and no worthy achievement to celebrate.

Vote Wisely Lagosians

I understand you don't know anything about maritime safety, so I can permit your ignoranus whilst I do my best to infuse some knowledge into you as best as I could.

That station you see there is a VTMIS/MRCC station.
VTMIS : Vessel Traffic Management Information System
MRCC : Maritime Rescue Co-ordination Centre

Those computer screen are similar to ECDIS (Electronic Charts Display Information Systems)

So what do they do at VTIMS/MRCC stations?

If you've seen an "Air traffic Control station" before then it will be very easy for you to understand what a VTMIS/MRCC station is for. The purpose of the station is to coordinate and facilitate maritime safety and security operations.

When a Mayday call is sent from an aircraft, the air control tower activates it's emergency procedures and swing into actions. Now picture a boat, private yacht, or a ferry carrying 200 people capsizing at sea? Who will the skipper call? Accra MRCC all the way from Ghana

Ideally NIMASA should be saddled with these responsibilities and not the state government. But Gov Sanwo-Olu being a caring and pro-active person understands what maritime safety is all about and the need to have those facilities. The safer the waterways become, the less pressure on the road.

You must understand that Lagos is 40 to 45% water and as more people are beginning to appreciate water transportation, the need for a robust VTMIS/MRCC station cannot be over emphasized.

When you talk about servers, those are optional depending of the system adopted. Nowadays, cloud storage system offers that versatility that the governor can remotely view real-time live information, from his house, office or anywhere in the world for that matter. However, Insitu server may still be within the facility though, but since you didn't employ the photographer you shouldn't be complaining.

Anyway, these are basic simple facilities that are already available in SA and even Ghana for decades.

When you see a governor puting up efforts so that we meet up with international standard, don't just spew out rubbish, learn to appreciate. If you don't understand, ask questions, I'm sure someone will explain to you. If you must criticize, please do it objective.

I will leave you with some links. They will make a good read for the weekend.

https://www.saab.com/products/maritimecontrol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_QHUdTUuiw&t=119s

https://www.samsa.org.za/Pages/Maritime-Rescue-Coordination-Center.aspx#:~:text=The%20MRCC%20performs%20the%20following,a%20Maritime%20Assistance%20Service%20(MAS)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://commons.wmu.se/cgi/viewcontent.cgi%3Farticle%3D1492%26context%3Dall_dissertations&ved=2ahUKEwjdrKS6j4D8AhVNhFwKHXCFAI4QFnoECCcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0wN4zBpCrZW4vKfutC9SXI
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre by AmazingELixir: 8:55am On Dec 17, 2022
cool

This is nice I like the D.I.J drone part it shouldn't be limited to the water ways alone sone toads probe to criminal activities should also be incorporated ..other states should adopt this.

The security agencies ought to have adopted this platform longtime ago to track activities of kidnapping especially herdsmen that have taken over our bushes and forest to perpetrate all kinds of crime.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre by justtee42k: 9:19am On Dec 17, 2022
Freethinker87:
Where is the data centre? Ok, we have seen the beautiful pink hue photos of Sanwo Olu but where are the servers? The mediocrity we keep celebrating in Lagos is really embarrassing.

A data centre is a building that houses storage systems we call servers. Here is what a data centre looks like.

The level with which Sanwo-Olu disrespects our intelligence is painful. Most of the achievements he commissions and celebrates are fictitious. 4 years and no worthy

Vote Wisely Lagosians

SHAME ON YOU
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre by CivilEngineer90: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2022
A presidential candidate said he saved money while in governance.. infact let me not even say anything more self..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre by CivilEngineer90: 10:25am On Dec 17, 2022
Freethinker87:

Which project? Do you even know what a data management center is? This is a surveillance station.

In all my life in IT, I've never seen a data centre with surveillance monitors. I haven't even seen one this beautiful. So beautiful they used one of their "servers" as a TV. grin grin
shut up please, you reek of ignorance.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre by CivilEngineer90: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2022
Wickedfacts:

Very good.
When you finish foaming at the mouth, you will carry your picture and take it to your barren state and show your idiot of a Governor to construct it there.

You are an expert in Lagos affairs while your own state is in ruins. What legacy do you want to leave for your children?
Your children will ask you what you were doing when Lagos was developing, is this how you will be showing them pictures like a photographer's apprentice?
his governor said he saved money during his 8yrs in governance grin grin. So someone that hasn't eaten will save money and die in starvation right , #Pandora
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre by plaindealer: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2022
The Data Management Centre, which is first of its kind in the country, is a centralised monitoring base for all activities on the Lagos waterway. By the technology, LASWA is now empowered to generate real-time information, enhance safety and gather data for continuous improvement of the inland waterways.

This is very impressive, they can not only monitor the waterways but also generate and send real-time video and data to the operation center just like American marine law enforcement..

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre by udemzeus(m): 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2022
Bought cheap camera and fairly used computers, for surveillance what stops Lagos from having this accross it's local governments areas.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches LASWA Data Centre by Ayoolamax: 5:02am On Dec 18, 2022
Risingblue008:
It pains me whenever I see any governor or law makers commissioning or launches and project,
All those projects are the masses right,
Na our money,
How can u use my money to build and construct something and u r telling me that u r d one dt did it,
Does it make sense?

So tey even one useless law maker dey commission public toilet built with wood for Lagos
Wetin be d man name again?

see werey wey never pay tax for her or his entire life dey claim say naa our money, werey oponu.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public / Deal With Fulani Herdsmen Like Boko Haram- Reno Omokri Tells Buhari / Buhari Approves Ecological Fund Projects In 11 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.