Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos (1805 Views)

Onitsha Is The Dirty Capital Of The World - Asari Dokubo (Video) / Onitsha Is Becoming A ‘Dead’ City - Soludo Laments / Zik Statue At DMGS Roundabout Onitsha Is On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Ofodirinwa: 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2022
A lot of people are complaining about the Obi of Ontisha going to Awka to meet Atiku. Under the pretense that he is the King of Igbos, or foremost traditional ruler of Igboland. The Obi did nothing wrong and it is not his fault you don't understand your own culture. Let that be known.

If an Ontisha man tells me the Obi of Onitsha is the paramount Igbo traditional ruler, I will respect it. The rest of you sound lost and if you don't believe me go to a gathering of your fathers mates and say the same thing.

Igbo culture does not have a paramount traditional head like Yoruba and Fulani. But for the sake of laziness, rather than learning your own culture you want to pretend you have an Ooni and a Sultan and get angry at the Obi of Onitsha for not joining your delusion.

Let the man be, he knows what he's doing more than you. Anambra has a facility where all traditional leaders meet in the state capital. That is the exact place a presidential candidate should go to meet them.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by OGwales(m): 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
Disorganized people calling Nigeria a zoo. Even animal kingdoms are better organized.

To any obidogs that will comment on this, grandma has something to say undecided

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by mycar: 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2022
Ofodirinwa:
A lot of people are complaining about the Obi of Ontisha going to Awka to meet Atiku. Under the pretense that he is the King of Igbos, or foremost traditional ruler of Igboland. The Obi did nothing wrong and it is not his fault you don't understand your own culture. Let that be known.

If an Ontisha man tells me the Obi of Onitsha is the paramount Igbo traditional ruler, I will respect it. The rest of you sound lost and if you don't believe me go to a gathering of your fathers mates and say the same thing.

Igbo culture does not have a paramount traditional head like Yoruba and Fulani. But for the sake of laziness, rather than learning your own culture you want to pretend you have an Ooni and a Sultan and get angry at the Obi of Onitsha for not joining your delusion.

Let the man be, he knows what he's doing more than you. Anambra has a facility where all traditional leaders meet in the state capital. That is the exact place a presidential candidate should go to meet them.
what are you saying?
Soludo messed up, big time. Onye kpoo obaha mkpokoro agbataobiya ewere ya kpo ntu

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by BigSarah(f): 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
True, autonomous igwes everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Bendeco02: 10:36pm On Dec 16, 2022
mycar:

what are you saying?
Soludo messed up, big time. Onye kpoo obaha mkpokoro agbataobiya ewere ya kpo ntu
What is this one saying sef.. is the guy talking about soludo here?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by mycar: 10:39pm On Dec 16, 2022
Bendeco02:

Soludo acted as the host,
When Buhari visited Anambra, didn't he pay him visit in his Obi?
Same as in 2019 when Peter Obi went with Atiku
Why would he be invited to a hall to be addressed.
Irrespective of anything, Obi of Onitsha stands out amongst other traditional rulers. He should be accorded his respect. Get it

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by ebufa: 11:20pm On Dec 16, 2022
OGwales:
Disorganized people calling Nigeria a zoo. Even animal kingdoms are better organized.

To any obidogs that will comment on this, grandma has something to say undecided

Carry your bulbous lips and scratched out ugly face outta here....ghetto trash!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by OGwales(m): 11:25pm On Dec 16, 2022
ebufa:

Carry your bulbous lips and scratched out ugly face outta here....ghetto trash!

You got another option, feel free biko

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by BATified2023: 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2022
OGwales:

You got another option, feel free biko
guy u too dey press dem Chinedu head

U wan kill them ni

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by OGwales(m): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2022
BATified2023:
guy u too dey press dem Chinedu head

U wan kill them ni

Dem no kno say we get bed mouth pass dem... Let us teach dem their own game.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by ajailer(m): 11:36pm On Dec 16, 2022
In the real igbo culture and history, there was nothing like Obi of Onitsha title. It was the colonialists that came and formed that sit for them and the major reason for the sit being formed was to be able to control the ppl better.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by owobokiri(m): 11:36pm On Dec 16, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

Lots of foreign cultural influences on the igbo culture from our next door neighbors who are still steamed in their prehistoric traditional set ups. This is one of the reasons why I abhor the Igbo membership of this infamous Nigerian contraption! We are being slowly robbed of our egalitarian cultural practices like our highly democratic republican habits. It's only a matter of time before you start seeing eunuchs lying and squatting on the floor like bewildered cats infront of some Ezes and Chiefs as we see them do to the Emirs and now the Obas. It's disheartening!

Emirship, Obaship, Ezeshipsnarwnnot any sort of improvements on Igbo administrative systems. We have something better! State created traditional stools will always emberass. The socallled Obi of Onitsha is just the traditional head of the Onitsha people! It begins and ends there!! How is the Onitsha monarch more important to say The Igwe of Orlu? How can these dubious people foist the Obi of Onitsha on all of us as the paramount leader of the igbos!? Are we running a sultanate in igboland?? This is why I support Kanu most times! His father was a traditional rulers, but e already said that all these Ezes would be removed Andi totally agree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Ojiofor: 11:37pm On Dec 16, 2022
Obi of Onitsha not Obi of Igboland.
He does not even have a say in neighboring Obosi town.
Where ever he chooses to receive Atiku is local business or politics of ndi Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by duro4chang(m): 11:38pm On Dec 16, 2022
Confusion! Confusion!! Confusion!!!

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Ofodirinwa: 11:43pm On Dec 16, 2022
owobokiri:

Lots of foreign cultural influences on the igbo culture from our next door neighbors who are still steamed in their prehistoric traditional set ups. This is one of the reasons why I abhor the Igbo membership of this infamous Nigerian contraption! We are being slowly robbed of our egalitarian cultural practices like our highly democratic republican habits. It's only a matter of time before you start seeing eunuchs lying and squatting on the floor like bewildered cats infront of some Ezes and Chiefs as we see them do to the Emirs and now the Obas. It's disheartening!

Emirship, Obaship, Ezeshipsnarwnnot any sort of improvements on Igbo administrative systems. We have something better! State created traditional stools will always emberass. The socallled Obi of Onitsha is just the traditional head of the Onitsha people! It begins and ends there!! How is the Onitsha monarch more important to say The Igwe of Orlu? How can these dubious people foist the Obi of Onitsha on all of us as the paramount leader of the igbos!? Are we running a sultanate in igboland?? This is why I support Kanu most times! His father was a traditional rulers, but e already said that all these Ezes would be removed Andi totally agree.

Don't mind this internet people. If you go to the average community at home, people are even trying to see how to get rid of these useless 'traditional rulers' and people are trying to make one of them the Emir of Igboland.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Ofodirinwa: 11:45pm On Dec 16, 2022
Ojiofor:
Where ever he chooses to receive Atiku is local business or politics of ndi Anambra
This reminds me of the time muslims were trying to make it so their girls worn islamic garb in NYSC, and Igbos then responded with our own should be dressed like catholic nuns lol. Nigeria is a race to the bottom.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Valak01: 11:46pm On Dec 16, 2022
I want to first thank you for actually talking sense at the first place the Obi of Onitsha did what he did for his own personal reasons because one the last wife of Atiku is from Onitsha to start with and secondly Onitsha is never and was never an Igbo town to start with they only migrated there .thanks �

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Ojiofor: 11:54pm On Dec 16, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

This reminds me of the time muslims were trying to make it so their girls worn islamic garb in NYSC, and Igbos then responded with our own should be dressed like catholic nuns lol. Nigeria is a race to the bottom.

From top to bottom makachi grin
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by owobokiri(m): 12:18am On Dec 17, 2022
Valak01:
I want to first thank you for actually talking sense at the first place the Obi of Onitsha did what he did for his own personal reasons because one the last wife of Atiku is from Onitsha to start with and secondly Onitsha is never and was never an Igbo town to start with they only migrated there .thanks �

Very good point.
I have said it here before that a total eradication of the present crop of political turncoats parading around as Igbo leaders is the first step to Igbo redemption in Nigerias politics! They're nothing but a platoon of inebriated selfish political upstarts. When it favours them, they will couch their endless but fruitless political miscalculations as some kind of grand strategizing for the Igbo interest! Yet, all they're after is their bottomless pockets. They're all compromised and as such are always dancing to the whims and caprices of their Northern handlers.

I mean the likes of Rochas Okorocha, Orji Kalu, Ben Obi. Chukwuma Soludo, Jim Nwobodo, Emmanuel Iwunyanwu, Arthur Eze etc etc.. This is the worst Igbo generation ever! The likes of Okadigbo and Dee Mbakwe must be rolling in their graves watching this bunch that are desperately working for another fulani to become the president for another 8 years after a fulani has been there for 8 years! Political contractors! All of them...

Yesterday at Awka, an Anambra PDP member asked Atiku Abubakar if he can promise to hand over to an Igbo after his term. Dino Melaye quickly jumped up and stopped Atiku from answering the question! Igbo PDP Chiefs were all in the high table including the pro Atiku megaphone called Osita Chidoka. They said nothing! How can you hold Atiku to such words if he never made such pronouncement openly?

Useless things..

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Hyperchi(m): 12:34am On Dec 17, 2022
As in en, even ppl that the head of Agboro get mouth more than their King they come out to talk.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by tiger28: 12:38am On Dec 17, 2022
And THESE People want to RULE Nigeria?

Jokers!!!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by IDENNAA(m): 1:01am On Dec 17, 2022
owobokiri:

Very good point.
I have said it here before that a total eradication of the present crop of political turncoats parading around as Igbo leaders is the first step to Igbo redemption in Nigerias politics! They're nothing but a platoon of inebriated selfish political upstarts. When it favours them, they will couch their endless but fruitless political miscalculations as some kind of grand strategizing for the Igbo interest! Yet, all they're after is their bottomless pockets. They're all compromised and as such are always dancing to the whims and caprices of their Northern handlers.

I mean the likes of Rochas Okorocha, Orji Kalu, Ben Obi. Chukwuma Soludo, Jim Nwobodo, Emmanuel Iwunyanwu, Arthur Eze etc etc.. This is the worst Igbo generation ever! The likes of Okadigbo and Dee Mbakwe must be rolling in their graves watching this bunch that are desperately working for another fulani to become the president for another 8 years after a fulani has been there for 8 years! Political contractors! All of them...

Yesterday at Awka, an Anambra PDP member asked Atiku Abubakar if he can promise to hand over to an Igbo after his term. Dino Melaye quickly jumped up and stopped Atiku from answering the question! Igbo PDP Chiefs were all in the high table including the pro Atiku megaphone called Osita Chidoka. They said nothing! How can you hold Atiku to such words if he never made such pronouncement openly?

Useless things..

You do not speak for Ora na eze Olu na Igbo and certainly not for Anambra people. In Anambra, we will do whatever we deemed appropriate. Igbo is very diverse and I will advise you to mind your state.

The Agbogidi is obviously the foremost traditional ruler in Anambra and we respect that. Dont leave your state and come to Anambra to bring disunity.

Anambra and Imo are not same....we practice different cultures, speak differently, eat different food, dance differently and play different music but we are still Igbo. So , leave it there

Cc. owobokiri

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by IDENNAA(m): 1:04am On Dec 17, 2022
Bendeco02:

He is trying to quote Osita Osadebe's famous line... "onye nwe okpa kpoo okpia okpa nkpokolo agbatobi ewelia kpoo ntu"
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by IDENNAA(m): 1:06am On Dec 17, 2022
BigSarah:
True, autonomous igwes everywhere

The Obi of Onicha stool is not newly created. It existed before the whites came.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by IDENNAA(m): 1:07am On Dec 17, 2022
OGwales:

You that is organized what do you have to show for it.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by IDENNAA(m): 1:09am On Dec 17, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

Don't mind this internet people. If you go to the average community at home, people are even trying to see how to get rid of these useless 'traditional rulers' and people are trying to make one of them the Emir of Igboland.

You Ndi Imo are known for creating new communities and and appointing useless traditional rulers who has no business being an ordinary chief.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by IDENNAA(m): 1:11am On Dec 17, 2022
Ojiofor:

Did Obi of Onicha told you he represents Igbo land ? Agadi na agwo ofe. Solu Ndi Imo kpuo ugwu na ebube Anambra na ani.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Wickedfacts: 1:27am On Dec 17, 2022
ajailer:
In the real igbo culture and history, there was nothing like Obi of Onitsha title. It was the colonialists that came and formed that sit for them and the major reason for the sit being formed was to be able to control the ppl better.

Why then did they give him and not give your father?
Go and lead a protest against the Obi of Onitsha na.
You talk of Igbo history. History that can't tell you where Igbos originated from.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Wickedfacts: 1:29am On Dec 17, 2022
ajailer:

IDENNAA:

The Obi of Onicha stool is not newly created. It existed before the whites came.

See them. grin

Atiku don scatter Igboland
Them have started calling their king an employee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Ofodirinwa: 1:46am On Dec 17, 2022
IDENNAA:

You Ndi Imo are known for creating new communities and and appointing useless traditional rulers who has no business being an ordinary chief.

Stop feeling inferior in life bro. You are a bright healthy man. Make something of yourself and stop trying to make others feel the way you feel
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by IDENNAA(m): 2:09am On Dec 17, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

Stop feeling inferior in life bro. You are a bright healthy man. Make something of yourself and stop trying to make others feel the way you feel

You should know who you are discussing with. Go through my history for 5 minutes and repeat the inferior thing again.

Think about it, what would make me feel inferior to anyone? Address my post or keep quiet.

You visit Anambra thread with ulterior motives but when I visit your state thread I encourage your government and praise the state. And you are calling me inferior.....lol

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Is Not The King Of Igbos by Ofodirinwa: 2:13am On Dec 17, 2022
IDENNAA:

You should know who you are discussing with. Go through my history for 5 minutes and repeat the inferior thing again.

Think about it, what would make me feel inferior to anyone? Address my post or keep quiet.

You visit Anambra thread with ulterior motives but when I visit your state thread I encourage your government and praise the state. And you are calling me inferior.....lol

I don't doubt you're a historical figure, have a good day

(1) (2) (Reply)

The States In The SW That BAT Can Not Win Peter Obi / Channels TV And NOI Online Voting Survey For 2023 Presidential Election / NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.