Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Starting A Poutry Farm, What Are The Things I Must Not Forget? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poutry Farm, What Are The Things I Must Not Forget? (477 Views)

Piggry Cattle Poutry Goat Rearing Start Processing Is Profitable Check This / Noiler Chickens (poutry) / Start A Poutry Farm Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Poutry Farm, What Are The Things I Must Not Forget? by EvilRampage(m): 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2022
Good day.
I'm starting a poultry farm, both the meat and egg birds. A relative will be joining me to manage it.
What are the things i should take note of?
The unsaid/unwritten rules pertaining to poultry farms to avoid losses?
Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poutry Farm, What Are The Things I Must Not Forget? by Olachase(m): 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2022
EvilRampage:
Good day.
I'm starting a poultry farm, both the meat and egg birds. A relative will be joining me to manage it.
What are the things i should take note of?
The unsaid/unwritten rules pertaining to poultry farms to avoid losses?
Thanks.
can I buy shares with minimum of 50k

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poutry Farm, What Are The Things I Must Not Forget? by EvilRampage(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2022
Olachase:
Shares? I don't remember mentioning that in the post. Can you be more explicit?
Re: Starting A Poutry Farm, What Are The Things I Must Not Forget? by Hamzashaf99(f): 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2022
Following
Re: Starting A Poutry Farm, What Are The Things I Must Not Forget? by obinna58(m): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2022
If you notice any disease be fast to treat it
Give them luxury treatment
Don't use unrefined sawdust
Be ready to combat coccidiossis, Newcastle
Take vaccine serious, vaccine failure on some birds is inevitable but secure drugs for them.
Watch the use of antibiotics
Vets can ruin your farm
Do what works for you, don't trust anybody's recommendation
Be ready for heart breaks
Don't give up on birds with ascites(fatty liver) due to intensive growth, you can dry the fluid yourself.
Ventilation is very necessary
Don't use professional feeds, you'll be amazed by the consumption level, go milling if you want progress.
Figure your problems out and seek solution.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poutry Farm, What Are The Things I Must Not Forget? by PhantomPAIN(m): 11:14am On Mar 23, 2023
Olachase:
come buy from mine

(1) (Reply)

20 Layers For Urgent Sale / General Public!!! Don't Scam Moringa Farmers With The Name Ifarms. / In Need Of Steady Supply Of Table Eggs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.