Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

The Supremacy Of Isoko And Urhobo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Supremacy Of Isoko And Urhobo (821 Views)

Isoko Names And Their Meaning / If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) / Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Supremacy Of Isoko And Urhobo by Jephthah007(m): 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2022
By Comr Jephthah O. Johnson

“If there are any who desire to be strangers in their own country, foreigners in their own Cities and always children in knowledge; let them Please themselves, I write not for such humours”.

Wating Isoko do Urhobo

Many are times I hear people say Isoko people are wicked.... Mostly our Urhobo brothers are the major preachers of this bad tidings and false proclamation

The other day I have to ask one of them to mention Any bad or wicked act which any isoko Son or deugther has done to him....
And he was speechless...

You see Isoko was never The problem.
But the one million U.S dollars question is How come this negative impression has pass on and succeeded over time.

I have to go back to time and History set the record strict.

The only thing Isoko did wrong was her refusal to be under her younger brother ( Urhobo ) a. K. a. Eastern Urhobo.

Yes the Urhobo are our younger brother; base on the fact that 1 ( One) many of the Urhobo community today migrated from our present day Isoko community....

e.g *The ancestors of Effurun-Otor in Ughelli local government area, LGA, came from ERHOWA in Isoko South LGA

*Agbon clan in Ethiope East LGA migrated from Irri. Agbon consists of Kokori, Okpara, (Inland & Waterside), and Eku towns.  

*The present Okpe Clan in Urhoboland i.e. in Okpe and Sapele LGAs migrated from OKPE in Isoko NB: Ozoro settled in their present site whilst Okpe went further to Orerokpe their present settlement.

*There was further movement of Owhawha ancestors from Igbide in Isoko South LGA to settle in Jeremi clan, Ughelli South LGA.  

#The only Isoko community that migrated from Urhoboland is Olomoro clan which descended from Olomu clan in Ughelli South LGA about 1750-1800 AD. " in fact Olomoro migrating from Olomu is even Debatable.

But the Urhobo grow so lucky in the sense that God bless her in land size and population... As a result of her blessings she wented her elder brother (Isoko) to be under her as long as she live....

Now my question is who is wicked between the two sons of Benin kingdom.

It is patient to note that isoko was never at anytime under the urhobo..... Their is difference between working for someone and working with someone.!!!

THE CREATION OF ISOKO DISTRICT COUNCIL  

In 1951, the Richards Constitution came into operation in Nigeria. The Western Region Delimitation Commission created two constituencies from Eastern Urhobo Native Authority, NA, and elections to the Western House of Assembly were conducted by Electoral College system on individual or personal basis, although political parties were behind the candidates. Chief James Ekpre Otobo from Uzere for Isoko; Chief Mowarin for the other side of Eastern Urhobo NA. They both contested and won their elections to the Western House of Assembly, Ibadan. Chief James Otobo for NCNC and Chief Mowarin for Action Group.  

At the 1954 general elections, Chief James Otobo again contested, this time under the platform of NCNC party and won and was returned to the Western House of Assembly. In 1957 Isoko was given a modicum of independence by the creation of Isoko District Council from Eastern Urhobo NA. Chief James Otobo influenced the creation during his tenure as a member representing Isoko at the Western House of Assembly, Ibadan.

Now NOTE: even when isoko and urhobo was join to together by miscalculation to from The Eastern Urhobo, Isoko still has her own separate constituency inside the so called Eastern Urhobo Native Authority, NA. Which was made up of two constituencies one for the isoko's and one for the urhobo's

Another wrong impression I want to correct is the phrase isoko people are steagy...
How Can you say isoko men are stingy when we still have men like Demantach, Chief Afere Mrs Agidife, e. t. c. .... If u ask any isoko man for anything and he does not give it to you just know that he does not have... Remember no man can give what he does not have... ( Acts 3 vs 6 )

let me use this opportunity to appreciate and celebrate our isoko women... Isoko mother are the best set of women God ever created...
Isoko women do not cheat on their husband at least if not all 95% are faithful.
Isoko women are not just submissive but all so supportive.... Hard working..
.. I celebrate them.

Jephthahjohnson34@Gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Supremacy Of Isoko And Urhobo by Pickmycall: 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2022
Una go dey kill unaself when them find oyel for land wey una no bring come the world.Deve people.
Re: The Supremacy Of Isoko And Urhobo by SocialJustice: 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2022
Mtcheew, all of una no get sense. Instead of uniting, always fighting for superiority. To the extent that itsekiris now command more respect than any urhobo speaking nation. Shame on you all.
Re: The Supremacy Of Isoko And Urhobo by akwesenana: 6:05am On Dec 18, 2022
ISOKO TOLOPIA!!! angry

1 Like

Re: The Supremacy Of Isoko And Urhobo by Titogbanski: 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2023
Jephthah007:
By Comr Jephthah O. Johnson

“If there are any who desire to be strangers in their own country, foreigners in their own Cities and always children in knowledge; let them Please themselves, I write not for such humours”.

Wating Isoko do Urhobo

Many are times I hear people say Isoko people are wicked.... Mostly our Urhobo brothers are the major preachers of this bad tidings and false proclamation

The other day I have to ask one of them to mention Any bad or wicked act which any isoko Son or deugther has done to him....
And he was speechless...

You see Isoko was never The problem.
But the one million U.S dollars question is How come this negative impression has pass on and succeeded over time.

I have to go back to time and History set the record strict.

The only thing Isoko did wrong was her refusal to be under her younger brother ( Urhobo ) a. K. a. Eastern Urhobo.

Yes the Urhobo are our younger brother; base on the fact that 1 ( One) many of the Urhobo community today migrated from our present day Isoko community....

e.g *The ancestors of Effurun-Otor in Ughelli local government area, LGA, came from ERHOWA in Isoko South LGA

*Agbon clan in Ethiope East LGA migrated from Irri. Agbon consists of Kokori, Okpara, (Inland & Waterside), and Eku towns.  

*The present Okpe Clan in Urhoboland i.e. in Okpe and Sapele LGAs migrated from OKPE in Isoko NB: Ozoro settled in their present site whilst Okpe went further to Orerokpe their present settlement.

*There was further movement of Owhawha ancestors from Igbide in Isoko South LGA to settle in Jeremi clan, Ughelli South LGA.  

#The only Isoko community that migrated from Urhoboland is Olomoro clan which descended from Olomu clan in Ughelli South LGA about 1750-1800 AD. " in fact Olomoro migrating from Olomu is even Debatable.

But the Urhobo grow so lucky in the sense that God bless her in land size and population... As a result of her blessings she wented her elder brother (Isoko) to be under her as long as she live....

Now my question is who is wicked between the two sons of Benin kingdom.

It is patient to note that isoko was never at anytime under the urhobo..... Their is difference between working for someone and working with someone.!!!

THE CREATION OF ISOKO DISTRICT COUNCIL  

In 1951, the Richards Constitution came into operation in Nigeria. The Western Region Delimitation Commission created two constituencies from Eastern Urhobo Native Authority, NA, and elections to the Western House of Assembly were conducted by Electoral College system on individual or personal basis, although political parties were behind the candidates. Chief James Ekpre Otobo from Uzere for Isoko; Chief Mowarin for the other side of Eastern Urhobo NA. They both contested and won their elections to the Western House of Assembly, Ibadan. Chief James Otobo for NCNC and Chief Mowarin for Action Group.  

At the 1954 general elections, Chief James Otobo again contested, this time under the platform of NCNC party and won and was returned to the Western House of Assembly. In 1957 Isoko was given a modicum of independence by the creation of Isoko District Council from Eastern Urhobo NA. Chief James Otobo influenced the creation during his tenure as a member representing Isoko at the Western House of Assembly, Ibadan.

Now NOTE: even when isoko and urhobo was join to together by miscalculation to from The Eastern Urhobo, Isoko still has her own separate constituency inside the so called Eastern Urhobo Native Authority, NA. Which was made up of two constituencies one for the isoko's and one for the urhobo's

Another wrong impression I want to correct is the phrase isoko people are steagy...
How Can you say isoko men are stingy when we still have men like Demantach, Chief Afere Mrs Agidife, e. t. c. .... If u ask any isoko man for anything and he does not give it to you just know that he does not have... Remember no man can give what he does not have... ( Acts 3 vs 6 )

let me use this opportunity to appreciate and celebrate our isoko women... Isoko mother are the best set of women God ever created...
Isoko women do not cheat on their husband at least if not all 95% are faithful.
Isoko women are not just submissive but all so supportive.... Hard working..
.. I celebrate them.

Jephthahjohnson34@Gmail.com

Yeye write up. Sometimes one wonders if some of you are paid to cause problems between the two ethnic groups

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Is African / How Is Living In Lagos - And What Would You Improve? / Friend Who Has Good Intentions But Is A User.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.