Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

Russian Oligarch Dies Mysteriously After Falling Down Stairs - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Oligarch Dies Mysteriously After Falling Down Stairs (289 Views)

Joe Biden Almost Falls On The Air Force One Stairs Again / Zelensky Urges Biden Not To Sanction Russian Oligarch, Roman Abramovich / Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Oligarch Dies Mysteriously After Falling Down Stairs by adamusuleiman1: 5:11am On Dec 18, 2022
A Russian oligarch has died mysteriously in France after an “accidental” fall down a flight of stairs, reported the Italian daily Le Messager.

The 50-year-old Dmitriy Zelenov was the former owner of the prominent Don-Stroy property developer group. The report, first confirmed by Russian news agency Baza, said Zelenov was visiting friends on December 9, in the French town of Antibes.

After supper, the businessman reportedly felt "changes" in his state of health and fell down a flight of stairs. The man was immediately transported to a hospital, where he succumbed to his head injuries.
Dmitriy Zelenov is a former billionaire who made his fortune in real estate, reports Forbes. He was one of the first to build luxury residential buildings in Moscow in the 1990s.

Zelenov's death adds to a long list of Russian oligarchs killed since the start of the invasion of Ukraine. Recently, Pavel Pchelnikov, 52, director of Russian Railways, was found dead in his apartment in Moscow.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2022/12/17/un-oligarque-russe-meurt-mysterieusement-apres-une-chute-dans-des-escaliers-1

Re: Russian Oligarch Dies Mysteriously After Falling Down Stairs by MimiSheWrote(f): 5:51am On Dec 18, 2022
All countries around the world have individuals that are wealthy enough to boldly or codedly influence politics and government policies to some extent.

Bill gates...(U.S.)
Amancio Ortega(Spain)
Bernald Arnault(France)

The list can go on..and On..

Even our very own Aliko Dangote.

But once a Billionaire is from Russia, they are automatically labeled as Oligarchs, mostly by western journalism.

I don't get it, maybe someone should like enlighten me. I'm curious in nature and love to learn... If the word "Oligarch" is not a slang for a billionaire from Russian, then the so called "Russophobic" is a real thing I'm afraid.

R. I. P to the dead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Oligarch Dies Mysteriously After Falling Down Stairs by CandyOps(m): 6:17am On Dec 18, 2022
MimiSheWrote:
All countries around the world have individuals that are wealthy enough to boldly or codedly influence politics and government policies to some extent.

Bill gates...(U.S.)
Amancio Ortega(Spain)
Bernald Arnault(France)

The list can go on..and On..

to learn... If the word "Oligarch" is not a slang for a billionaire from Russian, then the so called "Russophobic" is a real thing I'm afraid.

R. I. P to the dead.

What if na Russian government low-key dey plot all these high profile hits? I've read enough history to know it's a possible event.

The failed hit on Abramovich also
Re: Russian Oligarch Dies Mysteriously After Falling Down Stairs by joyandfaith: 6:39am On Dec 18, 2022
CandyOps:

What if na Russian government low-key dey plot all these high profile hits? I've read enough history to know it's a possible event.

Rottennaija has the answer.
Re: Russian Oligarch Dies Mysteriously After Falling Down Stairs by rottennaija(m): 6:44am On Dec 18, 2022
CandyOps:

Its very possible. Russia has a lot of western traitors that would sell the country to the US so long as they continue to have they money
Re: Russian Oligarch Dies Mysteriously After Falling Down Stairs by brain54(m): 6:53am On Dec 18, 2022
If he fell down the stairs and died from head injuries he sustained from the fall then how is his death mysterious?
Re: Russian Oligarch Dies Mysteriously After Falling Down Stairs by orisa37: 7:21am On Dec 18, 2022
There's GOD.
Re: Russian Oligarch Dies Mysteriously After Falling Down Stairs by Obrigardo: 7:55am On Dec 18, 2022
Hmmmm
Reminds me of one Ivana trump's death.
Hmmmm
Re: Russian Oligarch Dies Mysteriously After Falling Down Stairs by Obrigardo: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2022
brain54:
If he fell down the stairs and died from head injuries he sustained from the fall then how is his death mysterious?

Seems today is the first time you hearing about Russian oligarchs falling down the stairs or jumping out the window to their death.

(1) (Reply)

NATO Loses Soledar Against PMC Wagner / Niger Provide 80% Of France Uranium / Tucker Finds The Smoking-Gun Evidence Against Biden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.