Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Sunday Bible Study: The Power Of Persistence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday Bible Study: The Power Of Persistence (266 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / [Thread Updated daily] Bible Study/devotionals? Click Here / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Bible Study: The Power Of Persistence by Jsaviour(f): 7:37am On Dec 18, 2022
18 December 2022

The power of persistence in enforcing the will of God[b][/b]

Scripture reference

Luke 11:5-10

5 And Jesus said to them, “Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves;

6 for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him’;

7 and he will answer from within and say, ‘Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you’?

8 I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.

9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Luke 18:1-8

18 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, 2 saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man.

3 Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, "Get justice for me from my adversary."

4 And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, "Though I do not fear God nor regard man,
5 yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.”

6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them?

8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

Matthew 11:12

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

As you can see from the scriptures above, Jesus made us aware of the importance of persistently asking for what we want and insisting until we receive it.

If you are not willing to stake all with the full faith that he whom you ask of is able and willing to answer you.

When you develop the attitude of refusing to give up, the answer to your requests will be handed to you.

You also saw the importance of faith as you persistently ask.

You don't just receive because you asked, you receive your answer because you "persistently asked with faith that you will receive"

This applies to asking from God and also from men.

Be bold, ask for what you want, refuse to give up until the door opens up to you.

Prayer:

Father Lord, I thank you for your word, your promise and your assurance.

I ask that your mercy and love speak for me daily

I ask that for the grace to be persistent and forceful in enforcing your will in my life.

May your light continually shine on my path.

Amen

From "Arise bible study group"

(1) (Reply)

Homosexuality Is Not A Crime But An Cultural Attitude- Pope Francis / The Power Of Faith / Tinubu And Proverbs 20:17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.