Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims (740 Views)

Senator Nwoko Initiates Bill On Monthly Payment Of Rent / Fulani Man Caught Spying On Yoruba Traditional Rulers During A Meeting In Ibadan / Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by Nwaetche(m): 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2022
As we have all witnessed since the coming of the third republic , Tinubu brand of rent seeking politics have not allowed Lagos to develop its full potential. He smiles home with bullions of Lagos Tax payers money every month while deceiving his followers with bogus IGR and a phantom blueprint.

What is the worth of IGR without an equivalent value of development in infrastructure and a reflection in peoples quality of life. The audio blueprint is only known to himself and no one else. Many Nigerians are now horrified that the Lagos strongman wants to extend this rent seeking politics to Abuja.

In 1999, Tinubu started out as a Yoruba nationalist mimicking the great sage, Awolowo's early forays in Politics. His chameleonic attitude then convinced many Yoruba patriots to entrust him with the rulership of Lagos, the crown jewel of the Yoruba race.

Many Yorubas and other Nigeria were of the opinion that he has something to offer but after many years of haemorrhaging Lagos with his bullion van politics, his support base has shrunk to mostly Yoruba Muslims, political harlots, motor park Agberos and fellow rent seekers. His recent merger of his support base with the northern Almagiri establishment that have similar political ideology is a frightening phenomenon that would bring no good tidings to the country.

If Tinubu handles Nigeria with his Lagos jagudar approach, I am sure many of those currently supporting him would be the first to japa from Nigeria.
I recently embarked on a vacation having missed my holidays for some couple of years now visiting family and friends in the UK and Canada.

I left PH to Lagos and then from Lagos to London and spent some days there before flying to Canada through Toronto Pearson Terminal 1. I was in Ontario for a Week and then flew into Calgary YYC on time to join in the annual Igbo day celebration in Calgary NE that my childhood friend has made it a ritual to invite me each year.
What struck me hard about all these great places I went was the huge number of Nigerians leaving the country mostly from Yoruba extractions I met at these transit points.

Probing further, I found out that most of them were middle income Yoruba Muslims leaving "lucrative" banking and IT works to move out or in a popular palace "japa" from the country.

At Toronto Pearson for example, they were in hundreds and the immigration had to reserve a section for them to be processed. In fact the Canadian CIC and Customs had a rule now that all luggage on transit irrespective of destination have be picked up and rechecked in at the airport hence the huge number of these Nigerians congregating at the airport.

When we saw this, my friend travelling with me was so livid with anger that he wanted to go straight and ask the immigration officers to repatriate these folks back Nigeria. However, on engaging some of them to chat, we found out that some of these Yoruba Muslims do not actually support the ongoing APC rapacious destruction of the country and Tinubu's billion van brand of politics but most were afraid to say so even in the comfort of Pearson Airport as not to annoy other bigoted and Islamist folks around them.

My interaction with these folks revealed to me that many Yoruba Muslims have been brainwashed and most are suffering even much more than their Christian counterparts in economic hardship. They are too complacent or afraid to speak out to Tinubu politics that is on the verge of destroying the great Awolowo's legacy of Yoruba Ronu devoid of religious or clan consideration.

Awolowo was a great unifier of the Yoruba race unlike Tinubu that goes along destroying every atom of unity in Yoruba land. Although Awolowo was a perfectionist and father figure but he lead by consensus with other elders. What is clearly obtainable today is that Tinubu has constituted himself as the sole authority in Yorubaland buying absolute loyalty through poli-religious patronage and huge cash inducement.

Although the great sage was a devote Christian but he carried everyone along irrespective of religious persuasion. Tinubu was forced by Christian population in Lagos to field Christian in Lagos and he went along to look for a pliable Ambode which he discarded immediately he found out that the man was true to his faith and loyal to Lagosians that voted him in. Other Christians that Tinubu supported as stop gap were just for convenient sake as he is current showing his true colours by aligning and sponsoring with Yoruba fanatical Islamists.

Tinubu has been supporting MURIC that champions the exclusivity of Yoruba Muslims. MURIC actions have dealt a big blow to the much trumpeted Yoruba unity devoid of religious considerations. Tinubu has made Yoruba Muslims to support him and his political goose chase unquestionably even at the detriment of Yoruba cohesion and national unity.

Other genuine Yoruba leaders like Pa Ayo Adebanjo and VP Osinbajo are being maligned and trashed by this army of Yoruba Muslims.

Coming back to my discussion, my friend and I were tempted to tell the immigration officers to chase them back to Nigeria after witnessing what most of them are doing back home and in diaspora. On a second thought after our interaction with the group, we found out the these fanatical Yoruba Muslims are very few among the Yoruba Muslim community. Many Yoruba Muslims are indeed very liberal and just want the best for the country.

One could see the actions of these vocal few in the Yoruba Muslim community in trying to foist a man who obviously is a major player in bringing the country to it knees as president. They are helping to completely finish what is remaining of the country.

I am sure that if by hook or crook the so called Lagos builder enters Aso Rock, thousands if not millions of innocent Yoruba Muslims would be the first to line up to run away from such a promising country which they have undoubtedly helped to Sudanised and Ethiopianised.

Patrotic Omoluabis including moderate Yoruba Muslims and Nigerians should not allow this to happen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by Moh247: 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2022
cool

Tinubu Governed Lagos 15 years ago when many online trolls are still kids

Yet he is the blamed of Governance in Yoruba land?! Some even blame him for underdevelopment in other region

NURTW drivers and LGA workers collect tax , hackney permit in all States in Nigeria, and the levies even gets to Abuja, Sanwo-Olu already stopped NURTW just like Oyo State and Edo Lagos use Park Manager

Obasanjo and PDP decided to punish Lagos State for creating more LCDA authority by withholding Allocation and freezing Lagos account while taking Lagos to court

With no revenue for LGA, Tinubu created a tax and consulting company to Alpha Beta and charged 5% tax on revenue collected on behalf of LIRS

This Revenue paid for Salary, BRT busses, Health facilities, Millennium Schools accross Lagos, Digi Tinubu free glasses, Free WAEC, Many roads dualisation, Highest Salary by Government workers, RRS Security, LAWMA waste Management, LASTMA traffic officers,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by JASONjnr(m): 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Tinubu Governed Lagos 15 years ago when many online trolls are still kids

Yet he is the blame of Governance in Yoruba land?! Some even blame him for underdevelopment in other region

NURTW drivers and LGA workers collect tax , hackney permit in all States in Nigeria, and the levies even gets to Abuja

Mohammad, you're not intelligent at all....

You call him Asiwaju because he's a leader for the S/W and now, you're telling us that he's not to be blamed for the bad governance in the S/W...

You claimed he was a governor for of Lagos 15yrs ago ..And you refused to admit that he's still the governor of Lagos state as of today ...

Is there anything that Lagos will do without his approval?

Everyone is strategically placed in different offices, location and corners to deliver first hand information to Tinubu in Lagos state....

Any governor that tries to sideline Tinubu, he sacks the governor and elect another one.....

Ofcoz you will agree with me as he said he singlehandedly made Buhari a president.....So he made many governors of Lagos state who they are today...No doubt...

Likewise him being in control of the south west, he has to be blame for the rot in the governance of the entire southwest....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by Deserea: 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2022
God forbid BAThing. A walking dead slaves master of urchins can never rule this country.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by Moh247: 2:37pm On Dec 18, 2022
[quote author=JASONjnr post=119245206]

Mohammad, you're not intelligent at all....

You call him Asiwaju because he's a leader for the S/W and now, you're telling us that he's not to be blamed for the bad governance in the S/W...

You claimed he was a governor for of Lagos 15yrs ago ..And you refused to admit that he's still the governor of Lagos state as of today ...

Is there anything that Lagos will do without his approval?

Everyone is strategically placed in different offices, location and corners to deliver first hand information to Tinubu in Lagos state....

Any governor that tries to sideline Tinubu, he sacks the governor and elect another one.....

Ofcoz you will agree with me as he said he singlehandedly made Buhari a president.....So he made many governors of Lagos state who they are today...No doubt...

Likewise him being in control of the south west, he has to be blame for the rot in the governance of the entire southwest....[/quote

Is this some kind of stupidity?!

Oba Onikan gave him Asiwaju of Lagos State for his effort on NADECO and returning Democracy

You are here calling him Asiwaju of Yoruba land.. is it stupidity or what?

The entire SouthWest region got PDP Governor from 2003 , and voted ACN 2011 because of Lagos model

Did Tinubu point guns at anyone at anytime

Ofcoarse sensible Lagosian will never ever vote PDP disaster like that fool in Abia they would continue voting Progressive

Which appointment did Tinubu make, or which budget did he sign

Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo-Olu contested Primaries and Guber Election and won some LGA lost some to PDP yet you think Tinubu enforced sensible Lagosian like Abia Orji Family

Common don't be ridiculous

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by LeoDeKing: 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2022
They are on all threads telling Tinubu's supporters to campaign for their candidate and leave pandora Obituary alone .

At the same time, they are creating thousands of threads about Tinubu.

Very funny pipu. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by JASONjnr(m): 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

Is this some kind of stupidity?!
Oba Onikan gave him Asiwaju of Lagos State for his effort on NADECO and returning Democracy
You are here calling him Asiwaju of Yoruba land.. is it stupidity or what?

The entire SouthWest region got PDP Governor from 2003 , and voted ACN 2011 because of Lagos model
Did Tinubu point guns at anyone at anytime

Ofcoarse sensible Lagosian will never ever vote PDP disaster like that fool in Abia they would continue voting Progressive

Which appointment did Tinubu make, or which budget did he sign
Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo-Olu contested Primaries and Guber Election and won some LGA lost some to PDP yet you think Tinubu enforced sensible Lagosian like Abia Orji Family

Common don't be ridiculous

You sounded even more stupid than I thought....

One of your fellow urchins campaigned by telling me that Tinubu made people and he even said that Osinbajo was made and discovered by Tinubu...

You urchins will speak today and forget tomorrow....

Now you're denying that he's ot in charge of the S/W region and not the leader....

If we begin to down rate him, you won't come up with another epistle telling us how he had successfully hold down the region and discovered many political leaders like fashola and co...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by JASONjnr(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2022
LeoDeKing:
They are on all threads telling Tinubu's supporters to campaign for their candidate and leave pandora Obituary alone .

At the same time, they are creating thousands of threads about Tinubu.

Very funny pipu. grin

We're not creating threads to praise Tinubu but to expose his incompetence which you urchins flood to counter...

Also, Tinubu is a bad market...You can ask Portable...

Tinubu doesn't have anything to offer Nigerians but to steal and make Seyi a governor or an ambassador or a minister...Then his daughters and in-laws richer and given political offices...

Recently I've noticed how you urchins go on every thread to announce how Tinubu will win and give your self stupid hopes and announce how others don't have voter's card and so on...

But you guys are afraid to face the reality that will befall you all...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by LeoDeKing: 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2022
JASONjnr:

We're not creating threads to praise Tinubu but to expose his incompetence which you urchins flood to counter...

Also, Tinubu is a bad market...You can ask Portable...

Tinubu doesn't have anything to offer Nigerians but to steal and make Seyi a governor or an ambassador or a minister...Then his daughters and in-laws richer and given political offices...

Recently I've noticed how you urchins go on every thread to announce how Tinubu will win and give your self stupid hopes and announce how others don't have voter's card and so on...

But you guys are afraid to face the reality that will befall you all...
Creating thousands of threads on Tinubu is the way you campaign for pandora Obituary and leaving Tinubu alone.

Everything about ipob is always upside down. Though no one is telling you to stop typing Tinubu on social media 24/7, but just stop telling others to leave pandora Obituary alone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by Hopebringer: 5:50pm On Dec 18, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Creating thousands of threads on Tinubu is the way you campaign for pandora Obituary and leaving Tinubu alone.

Everything about ipob is always upside down. Though no one is telling you to stop typing Tinubu on social media 24/7, but just stop telling others to leave pandora Obituary alone.

Imagine a thief and a scammer talking .. this thief and fraudster. grin simplyleo now answering LeoDeKing. This thief used to try to scam Nairalanders back in the day using his simplyleo account until it was banned

Thief and a scammer grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by Raheeqilmaktoom: 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2022
Nwaetche:
As we have all witnessed since the coming of the third republic , Tinubu brand of rent seeking politics have not allowed Lagos to develop its full potential. He smiles home with bullions of Lagos Tax payers money every month while deceiving his followers with bogus IGR and a phantom blueprint.

What is the worth of IGR without an equivalent value of development in infrastructure and a reflection in peoples quality of life. The audio blueprint is only known to himself and no one else. Many Nigerians are now horrified that the Lagos strongman wants to extend this rent seeking politics to Abuja.

In 1999, Tinubu started out as a Yoruba nationalist mimicking the great sage, Awolowo's early forays in Politics. His chameleonic attitude then convinced many Yoruba patriots to entrust him with the rulership of Lagos, the crown jewel of the Yoruba race.

Many Yorubas and other Nigeria were of the opinion that he has something to offer but after many years of haemorrhaging Lagos with his bullion van politics, his support base has shrunk to mostly Yoruba Muslims, political harlots, motor park Agberos and fellow rent seekers. His recent merger of his support base with the northern Almagiri establishment that have similar political ideology is a frightening phenomenon that would bring no good tidings to the country.

If Tinubu handles Nigeria with his Lagos jagudar approach, I am sure many of those currently supporting him would be the first to japa from Nigeria.
I recently embarked on a vacation having missed my holidays for some couple of years now visiting family and friends in the UK and Canada.

I left PH to Lagos and then from Lagos to London and spent some days there before flying to Canada through Toronto Pearson Terminal 1. I was in Ontario for a Week and then flew into Calgary YYC on time to join in the annual Igbo day celebration in Calgary NE that my childhood friend has made it a ritual to invite me each year.
What struck me hard about all these great places I went was the huge number of Nigerians leaving the country mostly from Yoruba extractions I met at these transit points.

Probing further, I found out that most of them were middle income Yoruba Muslims leaving "lucrative" banking and IT works to move out or in a popular palace "japa" from the country.

At Toronto Pearson for example, they were in hundreds and the immigration had to reserve a section for them to be processed. In fact the Canadian CIC and Customs had a rule now that all luggage on transit irrespective of destination have be picked up and rechecked in at the airport hence the huge number of these Nigerians congregating at the airport.

When we saw this, my friend travelling with me was so livid with anger that he wanted to go straight and ask the immigration officers to repatriate these folks back Nigeria. However, on engaging some of them to chat, we found out that some of these Yoruba Muslims do not actually support the ongoing APC rapacious destruction of the country and Tinubu's billion van brand of politics but most were afraid to say so even in the comfort of Pearson Airport as not to annoy other bigoted and Islamist folks around them.

My interaction with these folks revealed to me that many Yoruba Muslims have been brainwashed and most are suffering even much more than their Christian counterparts in economic hardship. They are too complacent or afraid to speak out to Tinubu politics that is on the verge of destroying the great Awolowo's legacy of Yoruba Ronu devoid of religious or clan consideration.

Awolowo was a great unifier of the Yoruba race unlike Tinubu that goes along destroying every atom of unity in Yoruba land. Although Awolowo was a perfectionist and father figure but he lead by consensus with other elders. What is clearly obtainable today is that Tinubu has constituted himself as the sole authority in Yorubaland buying absolute loyalty through poli-religious patronage and huge cash inducement.

Although the great sage was a devote Christian but he carried everyone along irrespective of religious persuasion. Tinubu was forced by Christian population in Lagos to field Christian in Lagos and he went along to look for a pliable Ambode which he discarded immediately he found out that the man was true to his faith and loyal to Lagosians that voted him in. Other Christians that Tinubu supported as stop gap were just for convenient sake as he is current showing his true colours by aligning and sponsoring with Yoruba fanatical Islamists.

Tinubu has been supporting MURIC that champions the exclusivity of Yoruba Muslims. MURIC actions have dealt a big blow to the much trumpeted Yoruba unity devoid of religious considerations. Tinubu has made Yoruba Muslims to support him and his political goose chase unquestionably even at the detriment of Yoruba cohesion and national unity.

Other genuine Yoruba leaders like Pa Ayo Adebanjo and VP Osinbajo are being maligned and trashed by this army of Yoruba Muslims.

Coming back to my discussion, my friend and I were tempted to tell the immigration officers to chase them back to Nigeria after witnessing what most of them are doing back home and in diaspora. On a second thought after our interaction with the group, we found out the these fanatical Yoruba Muslims are very few among the Yoruba Muslim community. Many Yoruba Muslims are indeed very liberal and just want the best for the country.

One could see the actions of these vocal few in the Yoruba Muslim community in trying to foist a man who obviously is a major player in bringing the country to it knees as president. They are helping to completely finish what is remaining of the country.

I am sure that if by hook or crook the so called Lagos builder enters Aso Rock, thousands if not millions of innocent Yoruba Muslims would be the first to line up to run away from such a promising country which they have undoubtedly helped to Sudanised and Ethiopianised.

Patrotic Omoluabis including moderate Yoruba Muslims and Nigerians should not allow this to happen.

Ask them to repariate them back to Nigeria as who? The prime Minister of Canada?

Igbo. Hah.

Black immigrant slave thinking he is a super immigrant. grin
Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by dominic17: 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2022
Point of correction. Tinubu did not created tax consulting firm rather he snatched it as usual from the owner see below for confirmation .
"Mr Apara claimed that sometime in 2000, he solely conceived, prepared and presented a proposal to the Lagos State Government on providing consultancy services using his firm, Infiniti Systems Enterprises, with respect to using computerisation to track and reconcile the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the state.

Kogi AD

Following the presentation of his proposal to the Lagos State Government, Mr Apara claimed that Mr Tinubu, who was at the time the governor of Lagos State, demanded that 70 per cent equity interest in the project be assigned to a certain Olumide Ogunmola before he will approve the project.

Mr Apara said he then met the said Mr Ogunmola, who he had never met before, and it was agreed that a limited liability company be incorporated in which Mr Apara will hold 30 per cent shares while Mr Ogunmola and his partners will hold 70 per cent of the shares of the company.

Alpha Beta Consulting Limited was incorporated in 2002 with the shareholding ratio that shows that 30 per cent was allocated to him (Mr Apara), 40 per cent for Mr Ogunmola, and 30 per cent for Adegboyega Oyetola.

It remains unclear if the said Mr Oyetola is the incumbent governor of Osun State, a close ally of Mr Tinubu.

Mr Apara said that upon the commencement of business operations, Mr Tinubu directed that the 30 per cent shareholding of Mr Oyetola be transferred to one Tunde Badejo and this was done. He added that although he was a signatory to all the bank accounts of the company, payments from the bank accounts required only 2 signatories which was mostly handled between the other two partners, Messrs Ogunmola and Badejo.

After the incorporation of Alpha-Beta Consulting Ltd in 2002 and the company, Mr Apara said it was structured according to the dictates of Mr Tinubu, in his official capacity as the governor of Lagos State. Mr Tinubu thereafter approved that Alpha-Beta Consulting Ltd be awarded consultancy contract for the assessment and collection on behalf of the Lagos State Government, all taxes and Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) due and payable to the State at a 10% consultancy fee (subject to a benchmark which varies from time to time).

He noted further that due to the technology deployed by him, the Internally Generated Revenue of the state grew from a base of about N10 billion in 2002 to over N300 billion in 2019.

Things Fall Apart

In 2010 or thereabouts, he alleged, Mr Tinubu directed that the incorporation structure of the Alpha-Beta Consulting Ltd be changed from a Limited Liability Company to Limited Liability Partnership under a newly promulgated law of the Lagos State Government. Mr Apara said Mr Tinubu explained to him that the purpose was to further shield his (Tinubu’s) Involvement in Alpha-Beta Consulting Ltd from public scrutiny. This was done in 2010.

Mr Apara claimed that Mr Tinubu thereafter directed that Mr Ogunmola be designated as Managing Partner of Alpha Beta Consulting LLP, while he was designated as Deputy Managing Partner. He explained further that in 2014, Mr Tinubu directed that Mr Ogunmola should cease being the Managing Partner and he (Mr Apara) then became the Managing Partner with access to review the financial records.

But things took a dramatic turn sometime in 2016 when Mr Tinubu told him he had has received feedback that he (Apara) was reviewing past financial records of the company and he was displeased with this action. He claimed Mr Tinubu therefore announced that he intends to bring Mr Doherty into the management of the company as Managing Director to take over the financial management of the company, while he (Mr Apara) should revert to his former role as Deputy Managing Director and not get involved in the company’s financial affairs.

“The 2nd Defendant (BOLA AHMED TINUBU) also warned the claimant not to even think of exposing his involvement in the financial affairs of the lst Defendant to the EFCC as the then Acting Chaiman of EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, will always protect him (the 2nd Defendant),” Mr Apara said in the writ.

“The 2nd Defendant (Tinubu) also threatened to use the agencies of the Lagos State Government such as the Lagos State Internal Revenue service (LlRS) and the Lagos State Building Control Agency to harass and seize the assets of the Claimant if the Claimant ever betrayed him.”

Mr Apara said he disagreed with the Mr Tinubu’s request that he should revert to the role of a deputy.

“Instead the Claimant agreed with the 2nd Defendant that he will transition to a consultant to the 1st Defendant to manage the technology and get remunerated on a monthly basis for this task,” he claimed.

“Thereafter, the 3rd Defendant was brought to the office premises of the 1st Defendant by Mr. TUNDE BADEjo, a partner, and introduced to the staff as the new “Managing Director” of the 1st Defendant.

“Thereafter, MR. TUNDE BADEJO told the claimant that if he (the claimant) ever came to the office of the 1st Defendant, he, MR. TUNDE BADE]O, win terminate the life of the Claimant.

“This incident was reported to the Police in 2018 and is under investigation. When the Police commenced investigation into this complaint by the plaintiff in 2018, the 2nd Defendant (BOLA AHMED TINUBU) interfered in the PoLice investigation to frustrate it.”

Mr Apara said that despite being a signatory to the company’s account, from 2018 to date, Messrs Badejo and Tinubu have colluded to operate the bank accounts of the amongst themselves without his involvement contrary to the subsisting mandate which stipulates that he and Mr Badejo jointly sign any amount as “A” signatories, apart from a limit of N10 million monthly which may be signed jointly by any “A” and a “B” signatory.

The “B” signatory was designated as Mr Bode Oluyemi, an employee of the company.

Suspicious that his signature was being forged to enable the Messrs Tinubu to operate the bank accounts of the company without his involvement, Mr Apara claimed that he wrote to the bankers of the company in February revoking his mandate for any debit transactions.

Alleged Breach of Agreements

Mr Apara claimed that Clause 8 of the Partnership Agreement which relates to Profit and Losses provides that “the Partnership’s profits and losses (including profits and losses of capital) shall be divided between and borne by the Partners in proportion to the shares in its capital for the time being owned by them”.

However, he said, the company has received from the Lagos State Government commission for its services estimated at over One hundred and fifty billion naira from 2010 to date with the profits of the Partnership being that sum minus legitimate costs.

Despite the huge income made by the company, he said, Messrs Badejo and Doherty “acting under the direction of the 2nd Defendant (TINUBU) breached Clause 8 of the Partnership Agreement and denied” him (Apara) his share of the profit from the partnership as provided in the agreement.

“The Claimant avers that Messrs Tunde Badejo, Michael Olunride Ogunmola and Akin Doherty have colluded and conspired to run the affairs of the business in a manner designed to bankrupt the 1st Defendant through suspicious monetary transfers to 3rd parties running into billions of naira contrary to the Partnership Agreement,” he averred, listing some of the alleged suspicious transactions.

He alleged further that during a review of the company’s account, he discovered that huge sums of money earned by the company over the years were not reflected in the account.

“The claimant avers that the account review alluded above revealed large scale fraudulent transactions some of which are stated above and diversion of the lst Defendant funds running into billions of naira by the 2nd and 3rd Defendants,” the writ stated.

“The Claimant shall contend at the trial of the suit that au actions of the 3rd Defendant acting alone or in connivance with the 2nd Defendant is a continuing violation of the Laws of Lagos State as it pertains to Partnerships as well as a violation of the Partnership Agreement through which the 1st Defendant came into existence.”

Mr Apara claimed that he confronted Mr. Badejo who then admitted to him that the funds of the company were grossly mismanaged over the years including the diversion for purported joint venture purposes at the direction of Mr Tinubu.

“The said partner confided in the Claimant that it was the style of the 2nd Defendant (TINUBU) to corrupt his office and extort benefits of between 70% or more from all projects on-going in Lagos State since he became Governor in 1999 to date,” Mr Apara said in the writ.

“The said partner further cited as example to the Claimant the Global Computerisation Project which is being handled by another company of his called Soft Alliance and Resources Limited and where all the payments received are diverted to the 2nd Defendant (BOlA AHMED TINUBU).

“The Mr. Tunde Badejo also cited the case of the Land Use Charge) Project which followed a similar pattern. The Claimant avers that Mr. Tunde Badejo further admitted that the diversion of the 1st Defendant funds over the years running into billions of naira into suspicious accounts was done in a “smart” way to shield the 2nd Defendant (BOLA AHMED TINUBU) from public scrutiny and to hide his assets from the Code of Conduct Bureau and the anti-corruption agencies.”

Mr Apara claimed that after Mr. Badejo had explained the facts to him, it became clear to him that the company was being used for “massive corruption purposes including tax evasion, bribery of government officials, diversion of the funds.” However, he said that Mr. Badejo thereafter threatened that his life will be in danger if he ever reveals the admitted facts to third parties.

After a thorough and full assessment of the information he received from Mr Badejo which confirmed the poor records book keeping of accounts, Mr Apara said he decided to whistle blow the fraudulent activities, adding that as a stakeholder, he is entitled to the payment of his dividends from 2010 to date in accordance with agreements reached.

Outburst

In 2018, Mr Apara made newspaper headlines when he took to Twitter to vent his frustration over the operation of Alpha-Beta.

Tweeting via @DapoApara, he revealed that the company has generated about N1.5 trillion for the Lagos government since 2002, from which Alpha-beta earned 10%.

In the writ issued by Mr Apara’s lawyer, he said he had made attempts to have the matter settled out of court with Messrs Tinubu and others but such attempts were unsuccessful.

“The Claimant caused his lawyers to write the defendants several letters from 31st July 2018 to 21st September 2020 and Defendants refused or neglected to respond,” the lawyer said.

PREMIUM TIMES’ efforts to get the company’s side of the story Thursday were unsuccessful. A telephone number listed on the company’s website failed to connect.

When PREMIUM TIMES reached out to Tunde Rahman, spokesperson to Mr Tinubu, the telephone line rang out several times Thursday morning but was not answered. Text messages sent to his known telephone number were also not replied to.

Download court papers filed against Tinubu and Alpha-beta accusing them of fraud, money laundering and tax evasion HERE

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/419179-tinubu-alpha-beta-others-accused-of-fraud-tax-evasion-money-laundering.html

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by BATified2023: 7:39pm On Dec 18, 2022
Nwaetche:

u igbos will just kill your self on top tinubu matter
Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by JASONjnr(m): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2022
LeoDeKing:

You've literally done what you're asking us to stop doing...
mentioning Peter Obi on every of your post....

You are very active when a thread is all about Peter Obi...

Infact, you urchins are marketing Obi even more than you market you hunchback Emilokan....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by LeoDeKing: 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2022
JASONjnr:

You've literally done what you're asking us to stop doing...
mentioning Peter Obi on every of your post....

You are very active when a thread is all about Peter Obi...

Infact, you urchins are marketing Obi even more than you market you hunchback Emilokan....
Ikenna, point of correction.

I didn't ask you to stop, infact I prefer it.

But just to let you know all the scream about "campaign for your candidate and leave pandora Obituary alone" is nothing but dogshit.
Re: Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims by JASONjnr(m): 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Ikenna, point of correction.

I didn't ask you to stop, infact I prefer it.

But just to let you know all the scream about "campaign for your candidate and leave pandora Obituary alone" is nothing but dogshit.

Again, you mentioned Peter Obi on your post...

He's living rent free on your head....

You should really rest...Your Sunday allowance will be paid in full....

You don't enough! Good job, Segun!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Radical Awareness For Biafra Exit 2023 - IPOB / How AIT Founder Raymond Dokpesi Was Arrested By London Police / Naval Base In Kano: Suegbe Southerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.