Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,500 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release (42489 Views)

We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Bantu10: 8:13am On Dec 19, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
sad Handwork of those ochanga, head Bridge, upper iweka,ladipo etc DEVELOPER BOYS

Igbos own Lagos. Argue with ur fathers
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by shortgun(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
sad Handwork of those ochanga, head Bridge, upper iweka,ladipo etc DEVELOPER BOYS
Ask your elders to explain the meaning of OLUWOLE to you in your native language.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 19, 2022
I need a competent lawyer to help me, I want to sue CBN governor for ridiculing our currency by making new note look exactly like the old one both in size and content. Just expect to see more fake notes as CBN has made that easy.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Unrated900(m): 8:15am On Dec 19, 2022
lifenija:
stop being foolish.

I bet u can't say that face to face to an igbo man.

Fear Igbos
Every bad thing in the east is done by Igbos
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Olaolex: 8:16am On Dec 19, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
Stop this oriburuku nah. You are only cursing your generation. Instead of you to work on your bitter life, you are busy displaying were (mahdness) up and down on nairaland.
NB: I am a yoruba guy. So, don't be unfortunate to tag me ipob. Else, you will regret
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by TOMMYS: 8:16am On Dec 19, 2022
Dey play. Una think say APC dey joke with una.

Are you saying the govt did know that putting the old note into a paint solution will make it become new notes.

Think.

It's looks intentional
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Nuzo1(m): 8:17am On Dec 19, 2022
I’m yet to see the original sef, not to talk of the fakes.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Father4all: 8:17am On Dec 19, 2022
GOFRONT:
Let the police do the needful and fish out those behind the circulation of the fake notes.

Time to go to bed now. I've had enough merriment over the Great feat Messi has attained last night........There is only one Greatest footballer in the whole wide world........His name is Lionel Football Messi.
in your own Opinion
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by EmekaBlue(m): 8:18am On Dec 19, 2022
I had 2 of d 1k new note I got from d bank before circulation...Nobody gree collect am from me

1 Like

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by ghiloman28(m): 8:18am On Dec 19, 2022
Lol I say it face to thier skull. When you have igbos around you just stay awoke and extra careful coz those you people are foolishly selfish they can do anything to hurt coz of thier selfishness interest even to thier Igbos brodas grin. If you are an igbo person when it remain only you ask yourself if what I said is false grin
lifenija:
stop being foolish.

I bet u can't say that face to face to an igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by JoeNL22(m): 8:22am On Dec 19, 2022
At the metion of peter obi.....every urchin & mikanoites must bow, every sane Nigeria must confess that Omoluabi Obi is the President of the Federal republic of Nigeria.

This really annoying. Nigerians please let's say no to the fake notes.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by histemple: 8:23am On Dec 19, 2022
ipobarecriminals:

You forgot to mention Oluwole in Lagos and Mokola in Ibadan
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by MrBroke(m): 8:25am On Dec 19, 2022
Big fuckin lie
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Godispeace: 8:25am On Dec 19, 2022
bast add ?? always negative abt their country shocked shocked shocked
Fiscus105:
Accursed nation, nothing will ever work in such land.

Anything that effectively works in other nation must surely fail in obodo naija
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Ellasure: 8:26am On Dec 19, 2022
When the government of the Nigerian landscape is very serious in their efforts to continuously dupe, steal, shatter and destroy the Nigerian people and businesses fake Naira notes comes to play.

This government is very difficult to trust.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by michoim(m): 8:28am On Dec 19, 2022
HitRun:
Two pictures, one of the original N1000 and another of the fake N1000, would have made this post complete.
You can say that again
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by OdefaGirl(f): 8:33am On Dec 19, 2022
We never even get used to the new one talk more of identifying the fake.

Nonsense
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by blowjohn(m): 8:37am On Dec 19, 2022
Wait o.
That gold hologram is the only difference? Wahala dey o.
Shey the fraudsters will not start producing fake ones with gold holograms too?
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by lifenija: 8:37am On Dec 19, 2022
ghiloman28:
Lol I say it face to thier skull. When you have igbos around you just stay awoke and extra careful coz those you people are foolishly selfish they can do anything to hurt coz of thier selfishness interest even to thier Igbos brodas grin. If you are an igbo person when it remain only you ask yourself if what I said is false grin
keyboard warrior
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Blaze14k: 8:39am On Dec 19, 2022
Moh247:
Sometimes I wonder if Nigeria is a serious country

Everyone seem too smart

Mumu u wont condemn this one because its apc. If this was peter obi ur eyeballs will pop out immediately. This was the note they said it can never have counterfeit. Very useless policy from this administration and u want to bring in tinubu. Na God go punish u and ur generation.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by blowjohn(m): 8:41am On Dec 19, 2022
Me I no dey collect any new note till next 2 years.
I'd rather go cashless.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Jeffyblaq(m): 8:41am On Dec 19, 2022
This ain't even a better FAKE currency note..

I've seen a FAKE paper note with seal and all of it... Way back in Abuja.

Strict penalty for offenders caught in this act.

Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by tk4radi: 8:41am On Dec 19, 2022
FOR THE SECURITY OF THE NEWLY RELEASED NAIRA NOTES, AND FOR EASY TRACKING OF THE MOVEMENTS AND THE CIRCULATION OF THE NEW NAIRA NOTES...

The CBN should introduce some “hidden uniqe machine-readable codes” on the individual notes, which also distinguishes these notes individually too, so that, some specially-designed electronically-interconnected money-counting machines can always quickly read these hidden codes on the notes individually as they are being counted by these specially-made money-counting machines..

And thus, a weekly or a monthly complex-analyses that would conducted by the CBN on the all data of the codes of the Naira-notes that were counted by all these special-machines all over the country, can tell a-lot about the circulation-history of the different naira-notes,, and also, it can tell which Naira-notes are fake notes, and also, which Naira-notes that were not issued by the CBN.

This idea of mine seems to be very difficult, but then, it is not impossible.
It would definitely control the misuse of the Naira-notes.

Furthering, restricting the flow of money is not the best method for controlling the MISUSE of money. Restrictions would reduce the volume of trade, especially the petty trade that happen in large quantities that still requires are huge amount of physical cash in circulation
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by zinaunreal(m): 8:43am On Dec 19, 2022
Scammers trying to make quick money before eh cast

1 Like

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by LeoDeKing: 8:43am On Dec 19, 2022
Corrinthians:
LeoDeKing, who do you think could be responsible for producing the fake notes? embarassed
I wouldn't want to sound tribalistic.

So let's simply say "na dem".

Any tribe that think they are responsible can now assume they are "dem".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by uniquelyspecial(m): 8:43am On Dec 19, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
If you like kill yourself on top Igbo people matter. I no go come your burial o
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Enemyofpeace: 8:44am On Dec 19, 2022
Naija na cruise boat

A moderator is in love with me, she doesn't know how to tell me, for me to notice her, she is alway banning me and closing my threads.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Templee333(m): 8:44am On Dec 19, 2022
BennyDGreat:

We need to be sure the CBN has deployed enough mechanism to combat this thing....criminals have become smarter, so must their prevention system improve....if not, you could have up to hundreds of millions in circulation if care isn't taken
since the CBN has not been able to produce enough of the notes they were ranting about for months,let others help them. I hope they don't take their 31st January deadline serious, because they are unserious.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Enemyofpeace: 8:45am On Dec 19, 2022
uniquelyspecial:

If you like kill yourself on top Igbo people matter. I no go come your burial o
abeg let's go for him burial, make we chop him rice and piss on top of him grave
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by rajiedreez: 8:45am On Dec 19, 2022
Why not show the picture of the fake note
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by rollywise(m): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2022
Immediately I saw the original one, I knew we would go thru this phase before it will normalize.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by projet: 8:47am On Dec 19, 2022
Is it just only the gold hologram there can use to differentiate the fake and original note

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Fastest Growing Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria / Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes / Bankers, Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.