Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,927 members, 7,817,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Super Simple Granola - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Super Simple Granola (422 Views)

How To Make The Basic Granola Recipe With Quick Oats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Super Simple Granola by atnerjennac24(f): 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
So, despite it being January, when every man and his dog are dieting, I CAN’T STOP BAKING! It’s so therapeutic and has the best reward (or worst if you’re on said diet!) so, I thought I’d come to a compromise and instead of a delicious cake I would share a ‘healthier’ recipe.

This has to be one of the simplest granola’s out there and is a prefect breakfast accompaniment, sprinkled over porridge or atop a nice bowl of yoghurt and fruit. Or, if you’re like me, it makes a great snack when eaten dry!
Ingredients;

1.5 tbsp Coconut Oil
4 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
250g Jumbo Rolled Oats
30g Puffed Rice (eg. Rice Krispies)
60g Cashew Nuts
30g Peanuts
30g Walnuts
60g Raisins
60g Dried Cranberries

Method;

Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
Add the Coconut Oil, Honey and Maple Syrup to a pan and heat on a medium heat until the oil has melted and all three are combined, then remove from the heat.
Add all the dry ingredients (Except the fruit) to a bowl and mix together, then pour over the wet ingredients from the pan and the vanilla extract before stirring well to ensure everything is equally wet and evenly distributed.
Pour the mixture onto the baking tray and spread evenly.
Cook for around 10 minutes at 160°C for chewy granola, or an extra 5 minutes if you like it more crunchy!.
Break up any larger pieces and then pop in a jar (& try and resist until breakfast!).

I hope this isn’t too detrimental to any diet you may be on! (and if you aren’t dieting then go wild! I’ll maybe put some naughtier recipes on next week!).

See Also: Mars Bar Krispie Squares

(1) (Reply)

Merry Christmas From Tantalizers! / Call And Order For Pure Natural Horney / Classic Belgian Waffle With Banana Twist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.