Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

An English Language Graduate Doesn't Know The Meaning Of Register - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An English Language Graduate Doesn't Know The Meaning Of Register (659 Views)

The Cake Made For An English Graduate Of Ambrose Alli University / Oxford Dictionary Recognises IBERIBERISM As An English Word / See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An English Language Graduate Doesn't Know The Meaning Of Register by DeAdvokate(m): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
The trending Enghlish exam question that was set for Level 4 students at Benue State University, piqued my attention about an encounter in a private school I once taught, I was made to interview an English Teacher for Junior class, I was shocked beyond imagination when she said 'she doesn't know the meaning of registers in English'. grin grin grin

I wouldn't mention the name of the University she graduated from, to avoid backlash. But the truth is, our education system is at it lowest ebb.

For learning purposes: registers are words or jargons used in particular discipline or profession. We can have registers in Law, Journalism, Transportation, Aviation, Health, Sport etc.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/university-cancels-final-year-exam-over-cheap-questions/
Re: An English Language Graduate Doesn't Know The Meaning Of Register by illicit(m): 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
Pls mention
Re: An English Language Graduate Doesn't Know The Meaning Of Register by yarimo(m): 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
DeAdvokate:
The trending Enghlish exam question that was set for Level 4 students at Benue State University, piqued my attention about an encounter in a private school I once taught, I was made to interview an English Teacher for Junior class, I was shocked beyond imagination when she said 'she doesn't know the meaning of registers in English'. grin grin grin

I wouldn't mention the name of the University she graduated from, to avoid backlash. But the truth is, our education system is at it lowest ebb.

For learning purposes: registers are words or jargons used in particular discipline or profession. We can have registers in Law, Journalism, Transportation, Aviation, Health, Sport etc.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/university-cancels-final-year-exam-over-cheap-questions/
must every graduate know everything in education
Re: An English Language Graduate Doesn't Know The Meaning Of Register by OldNairalander(m): 5:37pm On Dec 19, 2022
Why won't you attract graduates with pass degree when your pay is #15000 per month with #5000 fine for not submitting lesson plan on time?

Don't worry, OBi is coming to restore the dignity of labour in this country

1 Like

Re: An English Language Graduate Doesn't Know The Meaning Of Register by BeardGangJnr1(m): 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
No go pass Gombe state uni, or fed uni...wakuri undecided
Re: An English Language Graduate Doesn't Know The Meaning Of Register by Benwallt(m): 10:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
"Registers" in senior secondary is words "associated with" in junior secondary.

(1) (Reply)

Download Jamb Syllabus For 2023/2024 (PDF) Free / The Most Expensive University In The World 2024 / Please Help Wih This Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.