Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,274 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary (408 Views)

Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour: Pray For The Nigerian Judiciary In The Next 2-3 Weeks / Supreme Court Nullifies Kenyan Election; All Eyes On Nigerian Judiciary (video) / Doyin Okupe: The Number Of Votes Atiku May Get In 2019 To Win Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tk4all(m): 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2022
I hardly comment on political issues cos almost all politicians are not honest. I'm also not against the conviction of okupe but the judiciary have a long way to go in this country.

When i read about the judgement, i begin to ask the following questions

1 who gave the money to okupe? Where is the person now?

2 where did the money come from?

3 what was he given the money for?

Etc

The agencies in charge of prosecuting politicians are highly incompetent, they are rather using their position to witchhunt political opponents to please certain people(that is if they are not directed by people in power) and this is not good for our democracy.

If not, former president jonathan is yet to answer any accusation, dasuki is not convicted yet and they rush to put okupe behind bars who was the least on the chain of distributing that money. Shey na because he join labour party ni?

I don't understand the whole thing but maybe an unbiased person will explain to me better.

This is just my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Roboto11: 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
You aren't even interested in the truth.

The case be fore the court is the only thing the judge can rule on.

Interestingly, the Court found him guilty.

That's what should mater to the citizens.
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tochex101(m): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tk4all:
I hardly comment on political issues cos almost all politicians are not honest. I'm also not against the conviction of okupe but the judiciary have a long way to go in this country.

When i read about the judgement, i begin to ask the following questions

1 who gave the money to okupe? Where is the person now?

2 where did the money come from?

3 what was he given the money for?

Etc

The agencies in charge of prosecuting politicians are highly incompetent, they are rather using their position to witchhunt political opponents to please certain people(that is if they are not directed by people in power) and this is not good for our democracy.

If not, former president jonathan is yet to answer any accusation, dasuki is not convicted yet and they rush to put okupe behind bars who was the least on the chain of distributing that money. Shey na because he join labour party ni?

I don't understand the whole thing but maybe an unbiased person will explain to me better.

This is just my opinion.
Bro....we discussed about the election on the sport thread last month.
Its now a week to the election....can you state your assessment of the candidates chances in Benue, where u domicile?
A percentage distribution will be much appreciated .
Good evening.
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tk4all(m): 8:43pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tochex101:

Bro....we discussed about the election on the sport thread last month.
Its now a week to the election....can you state your assessment of the candidates chances in Benue, where u domicile?
A percentage distribution will be much appreciated .
Good evening.

Good evening sir,

To be honest, I can give an actual prediction on the outcome of the presidential election in the whole of Benue now. However, I can try and tell you what will likely happen in Tivland, that is zone A and Zone B.

The election is too close to call now, but I will give it to PDP or Labour party.

Let's start on zone A. This place will be the battle ground. Sen. Suswam is yet to take a stand properly on who he is supporting to be president, but he has been working for Atiku averagely because of party affiliation. The man has a large base in logo, ukum, and little in katsina. I believe he will deliver these places to PDP cos he is on the ballot too. Then fr Alia of Apc will take vandeikya, I believe he will win the local government but not with a wide margin. Then the biggest one of the biggest local government in the state konshisha will likely go to labour party because of Herman Hembe of LP. I said so because Hembe has been winning that local government even when the likes of Gemade were against him in the ruling party, He once defected to apga to win his reelection as a reps member. Then PDP will likely take kwande because of Uba of the PDP.

Conclusively, I will say that zone a will be shared on 30 30 30 basis, but if any party relax just a little, another that works harder will triumph.

Coming to zoneB

I was thinking PDP will win but with the recent announcement of Ortom, I think LP will win.

Forget about the misinformation you read online, Ortom has the capacity to change things in the state, that man is a croook who has been appointing political aids every year for the past 7years. There is no where you will go and not see an aid to the governor. But that is BTW

In this zone, makurdi which is the state capital is going to labour party, the lg has never voted the incumbent party before and this year is worst, mkd is going to labour party.

Guma was supposed to be PDP 80% but if Orton actually works for labour party, then LP will win with a wide margin.

Gboko is difficult to predict, Ayu is trying hard to make a statement that he is on ground, APC also have powerful individuals in this local government, however, gboko people are very stubborn when it comes to election matters, people are enlightened here hence every party will get votes here.

Buruku is PDP for sure, sen. Jev has strong roots and has been winning the lg for years, I don't see what will change this year. However, the incumbent hor member is in LP now fighting for his reelection, labour party will get votes here enough because of him. APC don't have a chance here.

Tarka will go to APC. This is sen. Akume home, He has been winning it steady and I don't see what will change. However, the local government is very small and almost insignificant in the scheme of things.

APC will take one of gwer or gwer west but with a small margin.

I must conclude here that APC fielded weak candidates in this election, except for governorship. But they are banking on Akume and the national level to produce financial and other logistics to win the elections. Also Akume has sidelined bigwigs that should have help him, he is running APC alone in the state.

PDP on the other hand has strong and acceptable candidate who also have money to sponsor the election. I mean experienced politicians who has been in the game for long

Lp on the other hand is depending on the masses, they don't have too much money like the other two I mentioned. Labour party is creating political awareness to people so that they can not be deceived again by money bags politicians, but the hunger in the land is real, people are been bought everyday with 10k or less.

In conclusion

PDP 30%

LP 40%

APC 20%

Undecided and other parties 10%

1 Like

Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tk4all(m): 8:47pm On Feb 18, 2023
From the foregoing, I think that whichever wins zone C, that is idoma and igede land will win the presidential election.

I may be wrong though
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tochex101(m): 9:00pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tk4all:

Good evening sir,

To be honest, I can give an actual prediction on the outcome of the presidential election in the whole of Benue now. However, I can try and tell you what will likely happen in Tivland, that is zone A and Zone B.

The election is too close to call now, but I will give it to PDP or Labour party.

Let's start on zone A. This place will be the battle ground. Sen. Suswam is yet to take a stand properly on who he is supporting to be president, but he has been working for Atiku averagely because of party affiliation. The man has a large base in logo, ukum, and little in katsina. I believe he will deliver these places to PDP cos he is on the ballot too. Then fr Alia of Apc will take vandeikya, I believe he will win the local government but not with a wide margin. Then the biggest one of the biggest local government in the state konshisha will likely go to labour party because of Herman Hembe of LP. I said so because Hembe has been winning that local government even when the likes of Gemade were against him in the ruling party, He once defected to apga to win his reelection as a reps member. Then PDP will likely take kwande because of Uba of the PDP.

Conclusively, I will say that zone a will be shared on 30 30 30 basis, but if any party relax just a little, another that works harder will triumph.

Coming to zoneB

I was thinking PDP will win but with the recent announcement of Ortom, I think LP will win.

Forget about the misinformation you read online, Ortom has the capacity to change things in the state, that man is a croook who has been appointing political aids every year for the past 7years. There is no where you will go and not see an aid to the governor. But that is BTW

In this zone, makurdi which is the state capital is going to labour party, the lg has never voted the incumbent party before and this year is worst, mkd is going to labour party.

Guma was supposed to be PDP 80% but if Orton actually works for labour party, then LP will win with a wide margin.

Gboko is difficult to predict, Ayu is trying hard to make a statement that he is on ground, APC also have powerful individuals in this local government, however, gboko people are very stubborn when it comes to election matters, people are enlightened here hence every party will get votes here.

Buruku is PDP for sure, sen. Jev has strong roots and has been winning the lg for years, I don't see what will change this year. However, the incumbent hor member is in LP now fighting for his reelection, labour party will get votes here enough because of him. APC don't have a chance here.

Tarka will go to APC. This is sen. Akume home, He has been winning it steady and I don't see what will change. However, the local government is very small and almost insignificant in the scheme of things.

APC will take one of gwer or gwer west but with a small margin.

I must conclude here that APC fielded weak candidates in this election, except for governorship. But they are banking on Akume and the national level to produce financial and other logistics to win the elections. Also Akume has sidelined bigwigs that should have help him, he is running APC alone in the state.

PDP on the other hand has strong and acceptable candidate who also have money to sponsor the election. I mean experienced politicians who has been in the game for long

Lp on the other hand is depending on the masses, they don't have too much money like the other two I mentioned. Labour party is creating political awareness to people so that they can not be deceived again by money bags politicians, but the hunger in the land is real, people are been bought everyday with 10k or less.

In conclusion

PDP 30%

LP 40%

APC 20%

Undecided and other parties 10%
Thank you for your time.....
It might not be normal politics due to bvas, 7 days from now....everything will be revealed.
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tk4all(m): 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tochex101:

It might not be normal politics due to bvas, 7 days from now....everything will be revealed.

Yeah.

I have never voted before but I must vote this time. I will travel anytime i get transport next week. I was supposed to leave today sef, na money yab man
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tk4all(m): 9:16pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tochex101:

Who are you supporting?
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tochex101(m): 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tk4all:

Who are you supporting?

Peter Obi...
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tk4all(m): 9:24pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tochex101:

Peter Obi...

Correct man.

May our Labour not be in vain Amen.

When I reach my village, I must do a little I have to at least give peter obi some votes in my polling unit.

1 Like

Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tochex101(m): 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tk4all:

Correct man.

May our Labour not be in vain Amen.

When I reach my village, I must do a little I have to at least give peter obi some votes in my polling unit.
For a better Nigeria brother...
Next nah person wey base for Taraba I dey find for local insight...
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tk4all(m): 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tochex101:

For a better Nigeria brother...
Next nah person wey base for Taraba I dey find for local insight...

PDP will win Taraba. I hate to say it but that is just the truth
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tochex101(m): 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tk4all:

PDP will win Taraba. I hate to say it but that is just the truth
How can you tell?...
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tk4all(m): 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tochex101:

How can you tell?...

Confirmed from someone there pls, I don't want to even talk about it.

BTW, what do you want to do with the opinion of people, someone can easily give you fake info.
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tochex101(m): 9:55pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tk4all:

Confirmed from someone there pls, I don't want to even talk about it.

BTW, what do you want to do with the opinion of people, someone can easily give you fake info.
I'm not asking politicians and puppets....I'm asking neutrals...
Re: Okupe: The Nigerian Judiciary by Tk4all(m): 11:34am On Mar 07, 2023
Sir timbs001.

I'm waiting for your reply. Or should I choose someone to handle the remaining disbursement

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Blasted For Being Partisan, Running Misleading Ads Against Peter Obi / Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate / BREAKING: 11 APC Governors, 37 Senators, 15 Reps Working For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.