Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:29 AM

Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri (15655 Views)

More Facts About Tinubu’s Drug Proceeds Forfeiture By Reno Omokri / Tinubu & The Drug Money Saga: Plainsite Has Been Reported To Google - Hundeyin / Full And Unredacted Case File Of Tinubu's Drug Money Seizure - David Hundeyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by ATLIEN2027: 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2022
Dumbest IDIOTIC Renomonkey.

YOU CANNOT pay a fine in the US to avoid going to prison for any criminal offence. Especially in any FEDERAL court of law.
This fraudster just looking for more attention as usual. His principal employer Athief-kwu is DOA. HE will wail and cry from abroad for the next 8 years while Tinubu rules Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Nolevel666: 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2022
JoeNL22:

He is, based on the system of justice they run in America.
In Nigeria, you are innocent until proven guilty.
In America, you are guilty until proven innocent.
Hence, Tinubu could not prove his innocence, therefore he had no option than to forfeit the 460k(8 million dollar as of 2022). Because if they(USA) take him to court, They will definitely sentence him to prison.

Abeg shake my hand jor cool
Well said wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by ATLIEN2027: 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2022
JoeNL22:

He is, based on the system of justice they run in America.
In Nigeria, you are innocent until proven guilty.
In America, you are guilty until proven innocent.
Hence, Tinubu could not prove his innocence, therefore he had no option than to forfeit the 460k(8 million dollar as of 2022). Because if they(USA) take him to court, They will definitely sentence him to prison.

RUBBISH TRASH.

The US system of justice is also based on being perceived as innocent until proven guilty by the prosecutor.
It is incumbent on the prosecutor to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt before a court of law.
Stop posting rubbish trash for the gullible on NL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
Fiscus105:
Tinubu never convicted while the man in charge of labour party is an ex convict
what is plea bargain?
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by israelmao(m): 3:18pm On Dec 21, 2022
Okupe's conviction didn't come until it's only two months and few days to elections.What a calculated and targeted attempt to smear Obi movement!However,our minds are made up,it is Obi or nobody.
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 3:18pm On Dec 21, 2022
LegendHero:

All what you type is nonsense. Tinubu was never convicted.

Currently, Okupe is a convicted criminal and until he appeals, that remain the status.

You are just as dumb as Reno Omokiri, equating two unrelated things.
do you know the meaning of plea bargain? If you are not guilty will you go for plea bargain?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Skty: 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
StrongandMighty:
Watch how this will make the front and I'm yet to see the news making rounds about agbado being caught on camera engaging in the act of vote buying on front page

Seun na APC na
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Igbojew: 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
While Doyin Okupe stepped down from his position in LP drug lord Tinubu refused to step down as APC presidential flag bearer.So Reno Omokiri explain it better to Nigeria cos you are very good at criticism....................I am that Igbo Jew the table shaker

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by socialmediaman: 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
Dumbest IDIOTIC Renomonkey.

YOU CANNOT pay a fine in the US to avoid going to prison for any criminal offence. Especially in any FEDERAL court of law.

Maybe read the court documents. It was stated clearly that the money in his bank accounts was proceeds of heroin trafficking, and he agreed and signed the document. He was given time to appeal the decision of the court but he didn't. As IRS, they were after their tax evasion money, which has option of fine or imprisonment or both, in this case, they gave him a fine.

It was the responsibility of the DOJ to prosecute him for heroin trafficking and they could still do that if they want, especially now that the case has been highly publicized on the media
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by LegendHero(m): 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2022
asanausana91:
do you know the meaning of plea bargain? If you are not guilty will you go for plea bargain?

I don’t like deviation.

Was Tinubu convicted? If he was truly guilty, who can’t they convict him?

You think USA is like Nigeria that will just take $450k and tell a drug traffickers to go home and be eating Amala and Ewedu?

I think you too might just be as dumb as Reno.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by onuman: 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
JoeNL22:

Reno is totally wrong.
Tinubu did a plea deal. Hence, baba did not go to court.
But doyin's case, he went to court and they found him guilty hence he paid the fine.

Tinubu's own is a forfeiture while Doyin's own is a fine/conviction

In your own logic: Bola Tinubu was caught with possessing drug trafficking money in the US; he begged the US government to allow him forfeit part of the drug money to the government so that he would not go to jail].
But what is stopping INEC from disqualifying Bola Tinubu yet from contesting presidential election?[
If Tinubu wins, I see a frenzy in court actions against his victory. A former drug trafficker occupying the highest of a modeen country is unimaginable.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Naijanascam: 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
seunmsg:
Absolute rubbish. There is no remote connection. Tinubu was never convicted of any crime nor sentenced to prison. He was not even involved in any criminal case to start with.

Okupe on the other hand is a thief. He was convicted of criminal charges and sentenced to prison with an option of fine. Okupe is now a convicted criminal and can’t contest for any election again or hold public office. That he opted to pay the fine instead of the prison term doesn’t make any difference in all.

Hahahaha see epistle explaining a simple thesis just to tag one a saint and the other a sinner....

Agbadorians and Jagabandits what you can not defend doesn't exist

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Kaka77(m): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
Doyin Okupe convicted for receiving #200m cash , while Tilumbu walks around freely after receiving bullion van loads of cash. Same country different law for different pople.
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by ATLIEN2027: 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2022
socialmediaman:

Maybe read the court documents. It was stated clearly that the money in his bank accounts was proceeds of heroin trafficking, and he agreed and signed the document. He was given time to appeal the decision of the court but he didn't. As IRS, they were after their tax evasion money, which has option of fine or imprisonment or both, in this case, they gave him a fine.

It was the responsibility of the DOJ to prosecute him for heroin trafficking and they could do that if they want, especially now that the case has been publicized

The DOJ cannot prosecute him because in any Federal court of law, they are required to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. If they can't then they will not prosecute. That does not mean the person in question was involved in the suspected criminal act or not.
The Federal govt from time to time seize money from many people even at airports when travelling in and out of the United States if you fail to declare it of if they suspect that it's a proceed of criminal act.
It's very possible that the money came from a criminal act that he cannot defend in a court of law hence he allowed them to take the money. But the most important element here is that the US govt did not have enough evidence to succesfully prosecute any case against him a a court of law. I have been tried in a Federal court hence I know how the system works very very well. As far as the US society and law is concerned is not guilty of any crime. End of story.

Atiku is the one with money criminal case with former Rep Jerferson that went to prison for fraud and money laundering.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-congressman-william-j-jefferson-convicted-bribery-racketeering-money-laundering-and
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2022
LegendHero:

I don’t like deviation.

Was Tinubu convicted? If he was truly guilty, who can’t they convict him?

You think USA is like Nigeria that will just take $450k and tell a drug traffickers to go home and be eating Amala and Ewedu?

I think you too might just be as dumb as Reno.
since you don't know the meaning of plea bargain, I rest my case.
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Lalar27: 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2022
maestroferddi:
Tinubu forfeited a whopping USD460k via a plea bargain or a pretrial knowing fully well that he would be nailed had the case gone into full trial...

Doyin Okupe is filing an appeal of the judgement and will very likely be acquitted.

You APC supporters thrive on falsehood and propaganda while paying attention to facts and reason...

We all know this Okupe issue was a not so so smart a move to arrest the unstoppable momentum which the ObiDatti movement represents...

In any case, the shenanigans will end up making Peter Obi"s presidency inevitable...

Doyin Okupe will be recognized when Peter Obi becomes president....
PETER OBI CAN ONLY BECOME PRESIDENT OF IPOB OR ZOOLAND AS THE ANIMALS THERE CALL THIER COUNTRY NOT NIGERIA!!!! Never

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Ellasure: 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
seunmsg:
Absolute rubbish. There is no remote connection. Tinubu was never convicted of any crime nor sentenced to prison. He was not even involved in any criminal case to start with.

Okupe on the other hand is a thief. He was convicted of criminal charges and sentenced to prison with an option of fine. Okupe is now a convicted criminal and can’t contest for any election again or hold public office. That he opted to pay the fine instead of the prison term doesn’t make any difference in all.

Which is worst?

Forfeitures or paying of fine?

Both payments are always made to a court of competent jurisdiction in a locality where the offence is committed or tried. Right.

In both cases, offences against the law was committed and the law would take its pound of flesh.

Total forfeitures is assumed to be a total loss of benefits to the intended criminals while fine payments are resolutions made to correct an infringement with the intention to obtain a record of the offence and offender and watch against a future repeat and possibly bigger or weightier punishments.

In case of forfeitures in plea bargaining, it is very likely that the offender would have suffered a forfeitures plus some other losses should a full court trial and conviction has been employed.

In both cases they are criminals to the law.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by lovinagbad: 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2022
Now I know RENO is sick. Anyway not everyone that pass through the school is educated. Reno comparing someone that was INDICTED/CONVICTED TO SOMEONE WHO IS NOT INDICATED/CONVICTED.
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by lovinagbad: 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2022
Atlantis585:

Did Thieffnubu commit a crime or not?
American don't do plea bargain on DRUG. Tinubu was not indicted or CONVICTED. Get that right.
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by DennisEche(m): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2022
seunmsg:

So Tinubu is now a charity organization that donates money to the tune of 460 thousand dollars to the US government? shey you de whine me
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Sunnyja: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
JoeNL22:

Reno is totally wrong.
But doyin's case, he went to court and they found him guilty hence he paid the fine.

What manner of confusion is this? Tinubu didn't go to court and yet there are court documents showing forfeiture of $460,000?!
Does it means that the court papers are fake or you are just confuse?
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by DrMuzungu(m): 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
For this thing alone, I forgive Omokri for all his sins. For once he stated the tiny bit of truth (that T-H-I-E-F-N-U-B-U is a drug lord)
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Sunnyja: 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2022
lovinagbad:
American don't do plea bargain on DRUG. Tinubu was not indicted or CONVICTED. Get that right.
Tinubu was not indicted?! So how did he end up doing father Christmas to the US government with $460,000?
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by DMerciful(m): 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2022
But Tinubu did a plea deal for drugs related offence! So he lacks the integrity to be president
JoeNL22:

Reno is totally wrong.

Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by MrColdsweat: 3:59pm On Dec 21, 2022
Chinjo2:
When I see people defending Tinubu I feel pity for this country.
Tinubu's urchins are a product of unemployment and hardship in the country. I honestly feel they support tinubu because they have no choice.
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Freebills12: 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
JoeNL22:

Reno is totally wrong.

For him Tinibu to enter a plea deal that means he is guilty. How can you be supporting a drug dealer? US government can still reopen the case, what is wrong with Nigerians? A drug dealer as a president of a country!
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by socialmediaman: 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
ATLIEN2027:

The DOJ cannot prosecute him because in any Federal court of law, they are required to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. If they can't then they will not prosecute. That does not mean the person in question was involved in the suspected criminal act or not.
The Federal govt from time to time seize money from many people even at airports when travelling in and out of the United States if you fail to declare it of if they suspect that it's a proceed of criminal act.
It's very possible that the money came from a criminal act that he cannot defend in a court of law hence he allowed them to take the money. But the most important element here is that the US govt did not have enough evidence to succesfully prosecute any case against him a a court of law. I have been tried in a Federal court hence I know how the system works very very well. As far as the US society and law is concerned is not guilty of any crime. End of story.

Atiku is the one with money criminal case with former Rep Jerferson that went to prison for fraud and money laundering.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-congressman-william-j-jefferson-convicted-bribery-racketeering-money-laundering-and

1. I have read the whole court document page by page so I speak for myself and can correct every single omission or misleading comment you make

2. The DOJ has the evidence to prosecute and convict him for heroin trafficking, including the witnesses, the bank account deposits and transactions, and whatever they needed, but like I said, the IRS was the one after their tax evasion money. Whether they shared that information with the DOJ or not was not specifically stated

3. You overlooked the part where I said he signed the document stating clearly that the money he was forfeiting was proceeds of heroin trafficking, and he agreed and signed the document to forfeit it to the IRS. He was given time to dispute the conclusion based on their investigation, but he didn't so the case was concluded and the money was forfeited. Note that the money was confiscated all the while the prosecution was going on, it's not like he returned the money to them, they seized it till the case was concluded

4. If the DOJ still wants to prosecute him, they will. The paperwork for the investigation is well documented
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by ATLIEN2027: 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
socialmediaman:

1. I have read the whole court document page by page so I speak for myself and can correct every single omission or misleading comment you make

2. The DOJ has the evidence to prosecute and convict him for heroin trafficking, including the witnesses, the bank account deposits and transactions, and whatever they needed, but like I said, the IRS was the one after their tax evasion money. Whether they shared that information with the DOJ or not was not specifically stated

3. You overlooked the part where I said he signed the document stating clearly that the money he was forfeiting was proceeds of heroin trafficking, and he agreed and signed the document to forfeit it to the IRS. He was given time to dispute the conclusion based on their investigation, but he didn't so the case was concluded and the money was forfeited. Note that the money was confiscated all the while the prosecution was going on, it's not like he returned the money to them, they seized it till the case was concluded

4. If the DOJ still wants to prosecute him, they will. The paperwork for the investigation is well documented

You must very ignorant of basics of how the system works here.

If the DOJ had enough evidence to prosecute him, they would have. The DOJ and IRS work hand in hand. There's is what is called STATUE OF LIMITATION on all crimes except for murder. The DOJ CANNOT prosecute him for crimes that happened supposedly happened so many years ago. Especially a case they could not prosecute when you claimed it happened but now they want to prosecute after so many years.
Do you know how many criminals are walking free the US on daily basis that they are struggling to prosecute but you are here praying and hoping they will go and prosecute someone for a case they could not prosecute back then now. The DOJ hate to lose court cases because it counts against them, they only like to prosecute cases in which they have excellent chance of winning. They have a 98% success rate because of that. It's almost impossible to win in Federal court because they will only prosecute when they have very good chance of wining.
They didn't have a good case against Tinubu. As far as the US court and society is concerned, he's an innocent man. PERIOD.

Look let me tell you something. I came to the US in the 80s (at a very young age) and some of my friends back then sold drugs.
I have NEVER in my life seen drugs, NEVER. But I knew what they were doing. Now if some of their money ended up in my account and the govt found out, they can seize the money. But the govt will also found out through their through investigation that I was an innocent college student who never participated in any drug deals hence they could sieze the money in my account but will not be able to prosecute me for any drug dealing. That's more then likely what happened to Tinubu. Chicago was very very notorious for drug dealing by Nigerians back now, not sure now.
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Onuoha1234(m): 4:31pm On Dec 21, 2022
Reno Omokri the mockery! Continue your flipflops You are good entertainment.
Re: Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri by Onuoha1234(m): 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2022
Reno Omokri the mockery! Continue your flipflops You are good enqtertainment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna Installs Ahmad Bamalli As New Emir Of Zazzau / All Nigerians Should Be Treated Fairly, Equally. Afenifere, YCE, Others Caution / 2019: All Presidential Candidates Put Together Can’t Remove Buhari – Joe Igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.