Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Soludo Increases Salaries Of Anambra Workers By 10 Percent, Gives Them N15,000 C - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Increases Salaries Of Anambra Workers By 10 Percent, Gives Them N15,000 C (165 Views)

Anambra Workers Observe Monday Sit-At-Home, Ignore Governor Soludo / Soludo Increases Anambra Workers Salaries By 10%, Assures Of Staff Welfare / Atiku Campaign Angry Over Obiano’s Memo To Anambra Workers : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Soludo Increases Salaries Of Anambra Workers By 10 Percent, Gives Them N15,000 C by ElectroLyte: 9:41am On Dec 21, 2022
https://thestreetjournal.org/soludo-increases-salaries-of-anambra-workers-by-10-percent-gives-them-n15000-christmas-bonus/

Anambra state governor, Professor Charles Soludo, has increased the salaries of workers in the state civil service by ten percent as part of his administration’s efforts to motivate them for higher productivity.

The governor, who gave the cheering news during the celebration of the 2022 public service day at the Anambra state secretariat complex, Awka, also announced N15,000 Christmas bonus for the civil servants.

He, however, said that the Christmas rice usually given to them in the past is no longer tenable.

Soludo said that, “We reviewed how the Christmas rice was done in the past and discovered that it is no longer tenable.

“I understand that past governments gave 25 kg bag of rice to civil servants for Christmas, but the state of Nigeria is currently bad.

“Everybody is complaining. Prices are rising very fast. I look at you and wonder how you cope.

“Today, 50 kg bag of rice costs over N40,000, which is beyond the salary of a graduate in the public service.

“What we will do instead, within the next two days, is to make sure that our pensioners are taken care of to demonstrate good faith.

“I wish we could do much more, but I can assure you that all workers will receive an alert of N15,000 as Christmas bonus.

“I understand that you wish that our revenue will go up so we can multiply what comes to you in proportion to Nigeria’s inflation.

“The head of service made a request for releasing funds to process promotion.

“We have made the budget for next year and it has been signed. Any new thing not in the budget can’t be done.

“I received a report a few days ago recommending minor adjustments in salaries. We will review it and see if it is feasible,” he added.

The governor further noted that, “I was here last year during the public service day to plead for your votes.

“But I am here today as the governor of this state because you employed me as your chief servant and I am your employee now.

“I thank you for your services to Anambra. I am the chief public servant and without you, there will be no public service.

“The civil servants contribute to what is making Anambra to be what is it today. I commend all the ministries and the staff of Anambra state public service.

“We promised to create a liveable and prosperous homeland. This is our mission and we shall ensure that this promise is delivered to the good people of Anambra state.

“We are not supposed to be celebrating public service at this time of the year, but I insisted that it has to be done to thank you all for the year 2022,” he added.

Soludo also congratulated 33 workers who received awards and enjoined others to also work hard.

In her speech, the state head of service, Theodora Igwegbe, called for the full implementation and consideration of the national minimum wage in the state and upward review of salaries to mitigate economic challenges of the country, Voice of Nigeria reports.

She also appealed for the governor’s approval of funds for civil service commission to conduct 2023 promotion interviews, provision of official cars for permanent secretaries and directors as done in the past, provision of work tools, computers and procurement of buses to ease transportation challenges of civil servants.

Re: Soludo Increases Salaries Of Anambra Workers By 10 Percent, Gives Them N15,000 C by xratedxG: 9:43am On Dec 21, 2022
Peter Obi we know
Re: Soludo Increases Salaries Of Anambra Workers By 10 Percent, Gives Them N15,000 C by skj1377(m): 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
Good work keep it up.

(1) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Visits Tinubu At His Abuja Residence (video) / How Do We Ensure That Insecurity Won't Turn 2023 Into Another Failed Project? / Men Migratory Status To Lagos - 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.