Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Please Why Is My Laptop Not Displaying When Open Fully - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Why Is My Laptop Not Displaying When Open Fully (512 Views)

My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) / Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! / Pls Help Pc Monitor Is Not Displaying When Cpu Is On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Why Is My Laptop Not Displaying When Open Fully by Simplyfun: 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
Hello computer expert,

I have a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series that go blank whenever I open the laptop fully but when I close it halfway it will display normal.

I have not been using this laptop for months because of this. but I have decided to repair it this weekend. Reason I am here to see if anyone we have an idea of what could be wrong with the laptop .

I attached the pictures when I open the laptop fully and when I open it halfway. It's blank when fully open but display normal when halfway.

For those that have idea about the possible problem, please how much can I fix it in the market?

Thanks everyone.

Re: Please Why Is My Laptop Not Displaying When Open Fully by Veiniously: 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
Looks like flex issue they might fix this without completely changing the entire screen
Re: Please Why Is My Laptop Not Displaying When Open Fully by Simplyfun: 4:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
The screen is OK. Please do you have an idea how much the flex cost?

Looks like flex issue they might fix this without completely changing the entire screen.
Re: Please Why Is My Laptop Not Displaying When Open Fully by Veiniously: 9:07am On Dec 22, 2022
Simplyfun:
The screen is OK. Please do you have an idea how much the flex cost?

Looks like flex issue they might fix this without completely changing the entire screen.
no meet an engineer for more clearification
Re: Please Why Is My Laptop Not Displaying When Open Fully by Simplyfun: 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
So I took my lappy to VGC complex in ajah today. Move I am later regretting like I can't even eat right now. I don't patronize road side engineers because of stories that touches the heart. So I entered a store and I discussed the laptop issues with the engineer. He opened the laptop and checked it then he said it's a screen problem but he is not sure that I should test the laptop with flex first to confirm if it flex or screen problem.

I bought the idea so I went to another shop where I will later cried. Immediately I told the engineer the laptop issue he said that it's the flex. He asked me to pay 15k which I bargain to 4k. After pricing and all that, he sha open the laptop and started checking it. He was doing this for like 30mins. After everything he said that the flex he has is not working with it. That he will refer me to someone else in ajah market. I said OK.

He gave me the laptop and I tried to open it halfway but the laptop is not displaying again. Before if I open it halfway I can use it but it will only go blank if I open it fully. I called the engineer attention to it and he said that my flex has spoiled, he was even asking me to add money to my laptop so he can give me another laptop which I refused.

I complained and I asked him to fix the laptop to the way it was before but he kept saying the flex is bad that it won't work. I was just crying inside. I wasted money, time and this engineer added to my laptop problem.

I just got home now and I don't even know what to do again.
Re: Please Why Is My Laptop Not Displaying When Open Fully by Veiniously: 7:01am On Dec 24, 2022
Why did u go to ajah? You have computer �️ village Ikeja where you could have fixed it with ease. Well my Dell PC screen got spoiled too and I replaced it with with a fairly used screen for 25k in calabar. The engineer wanted to fix the previous screen for 8.5k I declined, because issues with screen can't be predicted I went for replacement at once. Try gather money to fix it in Ikeja please budget for a new or fairly used screen.
Re: Please Why Is My Laptop Not Displaying When Open Fully by Simplyfun: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2022
Like you bought fairly used screen for 25k? I don dey fear already like dis oh.

Why did u go to ajah? You have computer �️ village Ikeja where you could have fixed it with ease. Well my Dell PC screen got spoiled too and I replaced it with with a fairly used screen for 25k in calabar. The engineer wanted to fix the previous screen for 8.5k I declined, because issues with screen can't be predicted I went for replacement at once. Try gather money to fix it in Ikeja please budget for a new or fairly used screen.[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Server Upgrade / Open Door 2010! Open Door 2010! Open Door 2010 / An Easy Money Making Venture Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.