Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic (820 Views)

Ijaw Reunion With Igbo In New Republic. / FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners / Akwa Ibom Is Building First Cable Bridge In South-South Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic by Newton2024: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2022
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party for the 2023 general election in Nigeria, H.E. Peter Obi (PO) has proven to Nigerians that he is not merely a presidential candidate but an unfolding political phenomenon like never seen before in Nigeria.

Notwithstanding his facing the most voracious opposition from the old brigade politicians, PO has maintained the lead in the race in all the pre-election polls, pubic opinion poll, media popularity, international publicity, national appeal across ethnic and religious lines, and physical presence across the length and breath of Nigeria.

PO’s political persona is remniscient of the character painted by Theodore Roosevelt in his speech at Sorbonne, Paris, on April 23, 1910, titled: ‘Building Citizenship in a Republic’.

The late American leader said: “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

One thing is clear, the Nigerian political terrain will never remain the same with and post Obi-Datti Presidency. Having repeatedly promised that his administration will be built around the youths, the Harvard alumnus and former chairman of Fidelity bank promises to be a pathfinder to a New Republic. It will be an arduous task for him but one that will be a worthy cause, in the words of Roosevelt. Peter Obi’s presidency will engender a new breed of Nigerian leaders; young, vibrant, competent and patriotic, and new institutions founded on the rule of law, to replace the old brigade politicians and their inept system that has brought Nigeria to the sorry state she is today.

Suffice to state that Nigerians, particularly the youths have never had this fighting chance before neither have Nigerians come this close to taking back their country. And so, should the old brigade succeed in thwarting the Obi-Datti Presidency, like a vicious virus, they will mutate and spread themselves across the political strata in Nigeria to make that they destroy any budding politician that is semblance of Peter Obi lest the nightmare they are having today due to Peter Obi come upon them again.

Do Nigerians want a presidency run by surrogates?

“I will be incharge”. Nigerians should hold me accountable”. “I will lead from the front”. These are the categorical declaration by the presidential candidate of the Labour Party for the 2023 election, HE Peter Obi, by which he promised Nigerians that he will be accountable to them, and his government will be alive to its responsibilities.

The presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu has repeatedly refused Nigerians the opportunity to interrogate his plans. He speaks only to select audience that applaud even his gaffee. He turned down several media invitations to speak directly to Nigerians, on flimsy excuses that he was being set up by the media, the media want to make money off him, and that he is too busy with other things to honour the invitations. At the Chatham House, in the UK recently, the APC presidential candidate, after reading his speech, asked his surrogates to take turn to answer the questions posed to him? Do Nigerians really want a presidency to be run by surrogates?

#LetUsTakeBackOurCountry
https://businessday.ng/amp/opinion/article/peter-obi-is-building-citizenship-for-a-new-republic/

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic by GoooodHardDick: 9:32am On Dec 22, 2022
I have it over and over again that INEC shouldn't bother to waste Money conducting election next year. They should as a matter of urgency declear Obi president of Nigeria come 2023. The man means well for Nigeria, he is no doubt the next president of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic by Writer01: 9:34am On Dec 22, 2022
Really the best man for the sit

Don't forget to contact me for your academic assignment on any field of writing just copy my contact and WhatsApp me today don't fail to do it thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic by lhordspy: 9:37am On Dec 22, 2022
You forgot to include: Article by david hundeyin of businessday (sponsored Labour party article)

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic by christejames(m): 9:39am On Dec 22, 2022
Nigeria will be great again with ObiDatti!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic by jlinkd78(m): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2022
Something tells me Nigerians love suffering and hardship if not why would we be considering either of APC or PDP candidates. An Osinbajo for APC would have been better. Truth be told Peter Obi should be rallied round by all that honestly want a paradigm shift cos his policy of reducing size of governance will remove wastages, reduce borrowing to pay recurrent expenditures etc and above all change d psych of lol leadership in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic by Ofunaofu: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2022
lhordspy:
You forgot to include: Article by david hundeyin of businessday (sponsored Labour party article)

The way you keep jumping on every Peter Obi thread, Is this how to sell your comedy of gaffes that is parading himself as a presidential candidate
Re: Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic by SLAP44: 10:14am On Dec 22, 2022
A new Nigeria is possible

Re: Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic by SmartPolician: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2022
If Peter Obi eventually wins this election, everyone (even his stern critics) will be looking forward to his presidential broadcasts because they will lecture upon lecture.

I haven't learnt anything from Buhari because the man is just not intelligent (no pun intended). Sometimes, I struggle to understand what he says - no thanks to his English accent.

Another man who's a pleasure to listen to is Yemi Osinbajo. That man is an asset to this country. He can state facts and dazzle his audience without looking at any books. God gave people different gifts.
Re: Peter Obi Is Building Citizenship For A New Republic by ZIKORAMAMACHI: 11:37am On Dec 22, 2022
I concur

(1) (Reply)

2023: Obidients Are Not Tired. See Why. / Can Obi Be Compared To Akpabio? / See What The Supporters Of This Political Party Gave Me For Next Four Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.