Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? (581 Views)

Young Lady Dies After Smoking ‘Colos’ In Anambra (Photos) / 3 Amazing Unbelievable Benefits Of Smoking Cigarettes, See Pictures / Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by Flana: 8:04am On Dec 23, 2022
I've been smoking cigarettes for nearly 25 years, and I feel like I need to regain control of my life and some of my long-standing habits, particularly smoking cigarettes. I have tried everything I could, but I will still find myself smoking after one week of trying to quit. Please, any help will be appreciated.
Re: How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by Carcholce: 11:06am On Dec 23, 2022
There’s no how to, when you are ready, you’ll quit. Cold turkey.

Though I can teach you a classical conditioning that works. But only if you can bear pain.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by Flana: 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2022
Thank you. I am in pain already. I would like to try the classical conditioning method not minding the pain.
Carcholce:
There’s no how to, when you are ready, you’ll quit. Cold turkey.

Though I can teach you a classical conditioning that works. But only if you can bear pain.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by BigYash: 12:46am On Dec 24, 2022
Go read about the damages cigarette does to your body.. Guy you go stop am,if you like yourself. Replace the addiction with fruits. Cigarette no dey high,wetin una dey see inside I no know.. If say na weed now,I go understand..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by Flana: 3:05am On Dec 24, 2022
You won't understand. Who feels it knows it. I just need some help or a guide on how to quite.
BigYash:
Go read about the damages cigarette does to your body.. Guy you go stop am,if you like yourself. Replace the addiction with fruits. Cigarette no dey high,wetin una dey see inside I no know.. If say na weed now,I go understand..
Re: How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by SodiumValproate: 3:07am On Dec 24, 2022
Alcohol is now my only gateway to smoking.

Except I drink to an intoxicating level before you find me smoking nowadays.

Has been like that when I decided to quit smoking.

At least it's better.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by SodiumValproate: 3:09am On Dec 24, 2022
Flana:
I've been smoking cigarettes for nearly 25 years, and I feel like I need to regain control of my life and some of my long-standing habits, particularly smoking cigarettes. I have tried everything I could, but I will still find myself smoking after one week of trying to quit. Please, any help will be appreciated.
Only you cause global warming for Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by Flana: 3:28am On Dec 24, 2022
grin grin grin that's not nice.
SodiumValproate:

Only you cause global warming for Nigeria grin
Re: How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by SodiumValproate: 3:33am On Dec 24, 2022
Flana:
grin grin grin that's not nice.
Lol.

Mine was 12 years grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by BigYash: 6:08am On Dec 24, 2022
Flana:
You won't understand. Who feels it knows it. I just need some help or a guide on how to quite.
I understand my frd,my advice is that you replaced the addiction with fruits.. Each time the thought of smoking comes to you mind,you use the money to get fruits, instead of smoke..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by Originalsly: 10:38am On Dec 26, 2022
Someone said ... cold turkey. You have to make up your mind to do so and battle through the withdrawal pains...... and strong temptations to relapse. Many smokers arriving here in NY quit by force.... $17 minimum per pack...... sold by packs only legally.... or minimum 50 cents per stick under the counter... if the shopkeeper believes you're not undercover Police or DEA.... and you habe to be 21 or over to bug cigarettes.... or alcohol. The addiction is not really the tobacco.... but the nicotine added to it. If you choose to use "the patch"... then you would not be craving to smoke since the patch releases nicotine into your body via the skin and the addiction continues but from a different source. Why not start today.... there's no magic bullet.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes? by Flana: 6:20am On Jan 03, 2023
This is really insightful. You are right—it's the evil nicotine that's the addiction here. I once smoked a Cuban cigar, which is made out of pure tobacco without nicotine. No one urged me to stop because I didn't feel any excitement while smoking it, and moreover, it's kind of expensive. Thank you.
Originalsly:
Someone said ... cold turkey. You have to make up your mind to do so and battle through the withdrawal pains...... and strong temptations to relapse. Many smokers arriving here in NY quit by force.... $17 minimum per pack...... sold by packs only legally.... or minimum 50 cents per stick under the counter... if the shopkeeper believes you're not undercover Police or DEA.... and you habe to be 21 or over to bug cigarettes.... or alcohol. The addiction is not really the tobacco.... but the nicotine added to it. If you choose to use "the patch"... then you would not be craving to smoke since the patch releases nicotine into your body via the skin and the addiction continues but from a different source. Why not start today.... there's no magic bullet.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Traditional Cure / You Can Fight Cancer Or Die Of Cancer / What Is Wrong With Nigerians Attitude To Weight Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.