Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,747 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:00 AM

Don't Cause Others To Stumble II - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Cause Others To Stumble II (172 Views)

As A Lady Do You Dress To Make These Little Ones Stumble? / Don't Cause Others To Stumble I / Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Cause Others To Stumble II by kpakpandoN(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2022
Those who serve in the house of God have a serious responsibility to the people they minister to. As God’s representative to the flock, you are supposed to care for them and live an exemplary life that removes all stumbling blocks from their way. God values each soul in the congregation. In Acts 20:28, the Bible says:
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

God did not buy the Church back with the blood of goats or the sacrifice of an angel. It cost God His Son to save the world. If we understood this as ministers, we would see the importance of living a life that does not insult the gospel of Christ. Beloved minister, be very careful about becoming a rock of offence to God’s people. Luke 17:1-2 says:
Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

These are the words of Jesus Himself. If you are a minister of God, check your life to be sure you are not leading the flock astray. If you do not place much importance on the word of God, the people who follow you will find it easy to disregard God’s word. If you never preach about the eternal damnation that will come to a soul who continues in sin because you don’t want the flock to be uncomfortable, you are building people who would be indifferent about where they would spend their eternity, and their blood would be on your head. James 3:1 says:
My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Ministers of God will receive a stricter judgement. What example are you setting for your flock? I pray that, when the Master returns, you will not be ashamed.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: Don't Cause Others To Stumble II by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
kpakpandoN:
1. Those who serve in the house of God have a serious responsibility to the people they minister to. As God’s representative to the flock, you are supposed to care for them and live an exemplary life that removes all stumbling blocks from their way. God values each soul in the congregation. In Acts 20:28, the Bible says: Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

2. God did not buy the Church back with the blood of goats or the sacrifice of an angel. It cost God His Son to save the world. If we understood this as ministers, we would see the importance of living a life that does not insult the gospel of Christ.

3. Beloved minister, be very careful about becoming a rock of offence to God’s people. Luke 17:1-2 says: Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. These are the words of Jesus Himself. If you are a minister of God, check your life to be sure you are not leading the flock astray. If you do not place much importance on the word of God, the people who follow you will find it easy to disregard God’s word. If you never preach about the eternal damnation that will come to a soul who continues in sin because you don’t want the flock to be uncomfortable, you are building people who would be indifferent about where they would spend their eternity, and their blood would be on your head. James 3:1 says:
My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. Ministers of God will receive a stricter judgement. What example are you setting for your flock? I pray that, when the Master returns, you will not be ashamed.
Written by Pastwor E.A. Adeboye.
1. So, when Jesus Christ prophesied that the House of God— the temple in Jerusalem— would be destroyed with no stone left atop the other, Jesus Christ was wrong? When Jesus Christ set His followers to feed His sheep — Give food to those who are hungry and drink to those who are thirsty — He didn't make that statement in reference to the House of God in Jerusalem so why assume that this assignment was somehow linked to the House of God? undecided

Also, the assumption that the church — a reference instead to the collection of those who are of the Kingdom of God aka those born-again — somehow indicates the House of God is baseless because God maintains throughout Scripture, even through His Prophets of Old, that there is only one house of God, and Jerusalem is where it is situated. undecided

2. The statement in bold is an entirely different narrative from what is presented in scripture. God never said that sending Jesus Christ posed a cost to Him. As a matter of fact, Jesus Christ is written to have explained that laying down His life— a voluntary act on His part and easily reversible since He easily picked it back up — was in order that He may gain the glory that awaited Him as a result of His obedience.
14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,
15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.
18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have [the] authority to lay it down, and I have [the] authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” - John 10 vs 14 - 18
Clearly, in the passage above, Jesus Christ reveals how easy laying down His life would be and easily He could pick it back up again since all authority was His to do either. So, what is this talk about costs for? Is obedience at a cost to the one who submits? undecided

3. Mr minister, please take your own advice there and stop twisting scripture to promote a narrative that only serves to keep people deluded and deceived, and heading in the wrong direction — away from the truth of God. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Bible Gleanings On 23rd December 2022 / Carrying And Submitting To The Crucified Jesus Christ Every Fresh Second / Conquering The Power Of Darkness By Dejavu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.