Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

The Woman King - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Woman King (610 Views)

Download "The Woman King" In Bluray / Star Actor Of "Woman King" Jimi Odukoya Steals The Show At Premiere / Jimmy Odukoya Features In Hollywood Movie 'Woman King' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Woman King by Ekabobo: 7:08pm On Dec 23, 2022
Am I d only one that has seen this movie over n over n over again?... Dopest movie av seen in decades... Who's seen it repeatedly?
Re: The Woman King by advanceDNA: 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
Ekabobo:
Am I d only one that has seen this movie over n over n over again?... Dopest movie av seen in decades... Who's seen it repeatedly?

You are not alone....ive seen it like 10 times...The fight scenes where impresively directed with a touch of realness

And i also like the fact that they ddnt pack a bunch of sexy looking women with thin arms beating ruthless men, which usually makes movie fight scenes look very unrealistic...

They used tough looking women that fit well into the roles of warriors, with muscles in the right place

the sprinkle of a little bit of tragedy (Izogie's death) also made the story balance...

It would have been 10/10 and more realistic if they ddnt speak english all through....

i mean, for an african region in the era of slave trade, few kings, noble officers, and a few people close to the whites could speak english well...some kings even have interpreters...

...but all of them in the movie were good english speakers even with the fake accent which ddnt depict the picture of that era
Re: The Woman King by Ekabobo: 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
Yep.... My tots exactly...I really think the directors of d movie goofed big time wen king gezzo said to d Portuguese captain "speak my language wen ur in my palace"

Lol... English wasn't even his lang in the first place... Lol

But overall, despite all d cons... D movie na to die for!

By the way... Av u seen ruthless?

advanceDNA:

You are not alone....ive seen it like 10 times...The fight scenes where impresively directed with a touch of realness

And i also like the fact that they ddnt pack a bunch of sexy looking women with thin arms beating ruthless men, which usually makes movie fight scenes look very unrealistic...

They used tough looking women that fit well into the roles of warriors, with muscles in the right place

the sprinkle of a little bit of tragedy (Izogie's death) also made the story balance...

It would have been 10/10 and more realistic if they ddnt speak english all through....

i mean, for an african region in the era of slave trade, few kings, noble officers, and a few people close to the whites could speak english well...some kings even have interpreters...

...but all of them in the movie were good english speakers even with the fake accent which ddnt depict the picture of that era
Re: The Woman King by advanceDNA: 9:19pm On Dec 23, 2022
Ekabobo:
Yep.... My tots exactly...I really think the directors of d movie goofed big time wen king gezzo said to d Portuguese captain "speak my language wen ur in my palace"

Lol... English wasn't even his lang in the first place... Lol

But overall, despite all d cons... D movie na to die for!

By the way... Av u seen ruthless?

Tyler perry's ruthless...??

Nope
Re: The Woman King by Ekabobo: 4:01am On Dec 24, 2022
Ha! Buddy...u truly shud see it. The first two episodes might seem dull sorta...then bam! Ud b blown off. Do give it a try will u? Puleaseeee...

advanceDNA:

Tyler perry's ruthless...??

Nope

(1) (Reply)

Shanty Town Season 2. / Nollywood Movie Reviews And Celebrity Gist Videos / Paytv Price Hike; A Better Alternative Is Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.