Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

How To Celebrate Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Celebrate Christmas (2900 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Sinach Shares First Picture Of Her Baby To Celebrate Christmas / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Celebrate Christmas by Ken4Christ: 7:37am On Dec 24, 2022
Excerpt from Rhema for Living Devotional by Ken Macaulay

Saturday, December 24th.

How to Celebrate Christmas.

"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem."(Matthew 2:1).

The argument about whether Jesus was born on Christmas day is baseless. What is most important is that he is celebrated. In addition, those who have never heard about Jesus will have the opportunity to hear and be saved. This is a plus for the kingdom of God. The devil is the one fighting Christmas celebration because it reminds him of Jesus who came, saved us, defeated him and disgraced him.

However, it matters also how you celebrate Christmas. When Jesus was born, wise men from the east saw his star and came to Jerusalem in search of the child. It's important to mention here that the actual numbers of the wise men were not stated even though we have been told growing up as children that they were three in number. But there is no scriptural proof to that. They only presented three kinds of gifts. I am sure they were very many in number, hence the actual number could not be ascertained.

So, just like the wise men, you must first locate Jesus. Jesus is not physically here on earth but his manifest presence is in the gathering of the saints. He said; "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20). You must be in the local church where you have chosen to identify on Christmas day. You can't stay at home to celebrate Jesus. Ensure you locate him like the wise men did.

And as they journeyed, the star followed them and stood over the place where the baby Jesus was laid. The scripture said; "When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy." (Matthew 2:10). The next thing you should do to celebrate Christmas is to get excited and sing for joy. It should be one of the happiest moments in your life. That Jesus was born so he could reconcile us back to God through his death should spur you up to rejoice. The wise men didn't just rejoice, it was an exceeding great joy.

The next thing the wise men did was to worship the baby Jesus. So, Christmas day is a day we should worship Jesus like never before. After they worshipped him, they presented him with precious and costly gifts; gold, frankincense, and myrrh. So, prepare your gift as you go to celebrate Christmas. The servant of God placed over you will receive it on behalf of Jesus. And you will certainly not lose your reward.

Lastly, remember to share whatever you prepare with the less privileged, the fatherles, orphans, widows and even those in the correctional centres. Above all, use this opportunity to reach out to lost souls and tell them about Jesus. He is indeed worth celebrating.

Prayer: Dear Father, I thank you for the gift of your Son, Jesus to the world. And I am glad I am saved. May your glory fill your house and your presence fill our hearts as we get ready to celebrate and honour your Son in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Corinthians 10:31, Romans 14:4-6, Luke 2:1-14.

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by AntiChristian: 8:49am On Dec 24, 2022
Let me join one of the devils fighting Christmas like Jehovah witnesses, Deeper life, MFM and co.

Jesus Christ nor his disciples ever celebrated Christmas!

Where was the date picked from?
Where are the symbols of Christmas from?
Is anything even from the teaching of Jesus in all this?

Christmas is idolatrous!
Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Ken4Christ: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
Let me join one of the devils fighting Christmas like Jehovah witnesses, Deeper life, MFM and co.

Christmas is idolatrous!

No it isn't. The celebration is worth it as long as it is done to the glory of God.

Mind you, Deeper life is changing so many of their doctrines. Kumuyi admitted he taught what he did at the early stage because that was what he knew. I think he knows better now.

Apostle Paul said;

1st Corinthians 10:31
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

So, on the basis of the passage above, Christmas celebration is OK.

Are you pained?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by AntiChristian: 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

No it isn't. The celebration is worth it as long as it is done to the glory of God.

Mind you, Deeper life is changing so many of their doctrines. Kumuyi admitted he taught what he did at the early stage because that was what he knew. I think he knows better now.

Apostle Paul said;

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Are you pained?

Not really!
I didn't expect much from you in defense as there's nothing to stand on.

Christmas is pagan and will remain so!
Paganism is okay as long as it's to the glory of the Christian God.

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Kobojunkiee: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. No it isn't. The celebration is worth it as long as it is done to the glory of God. Mind you, Deeper life is changing so many of their doctrines. Kumuyi admitted he taught what he did at the early stage because that was what he knew. I think he knows better now.

2. Apostle Paul said; 1st Corinthians 10:31Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. So, on the basis of the passage above, Christmas celebration is OK. Are you pained?
1. How can you claim to do that which is not commanded of God to the glory of God? Can God be honored by that which is stipulated by Him? Why do you folks make a fool of God by your every declaration abeg? undecided

2. I don't follow at all. Did Paul tell you that when you celebrate —eat, drink, and whatsoever ye do— with those who worship idols, that you do so to the glory of God? undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Truvelisback(m): 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Apostle Paul said;

Are you pained?
Na u get time dey answer dem.

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2022
Truvelisback:
Na u get time dey answer dem.

You will not answer but start running after the group practicing what the Bible says to come and answer you by force shey?

CHRISTMAS is paganism!
God's people in ancient times don't celebrate birthdays that's why Jesus never celebrated his birthday neither did his disciples.
So you can celebrate whatever you want but know that it's unscriptural and unchristian to celebrate birthdays! wink

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Ken4Christ: 11:27pm On Dec 24, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
1. How can you claim to do that which is not commanded of God to the glory of God? Can God be honored by that which is stipulated by Him? Why do you folks make a fool of God by your every declaration abeg? undecided

2. I don't follow at all. Did Paul tell you that when you celebrate —eat, drink, and whatsoever ye do— with those who worship idols, that you do so to the glory of God? undecided

The New Testament Saint does not live by rules and regulations. We are led by the Spirit of God in whatever we do.

Besides God has given the church the authority to decide certain things as long as it doesn't conflict with his word.

Matthew 18:18.
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The word bind and lose in modern English means disallow and allow respectively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Ken4Christ: 11:30pm On Dec 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

Not really!

I pity the day you stand before Jesus who you are trying to dishonour. The devil has prepared your cell for you in hell for doing a good job for him.

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Kobojunkiee: 12:05am On Dec 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. The New Testament Saint does not live by rules and regulations. We are led by the Spirit of God in whatever we do.

2. Besides God has given the church the authority to decide certain things as long as it doesn't conflict with his word. The word bind and lose in modern English means disallow and allow respectively.
1. If you truly believed this to be true, then why do you look constantly to Paul for validation as far as your beliefs? Why not ignore Paul's stipulations, or your interpretations of them, and live alone by that spirit which you claim to live by? undecided

2. So you admit that the authority you claim your churches have are directly restricted by that which is God's word aka Law, directly contradicting your initial claim that there is no Law. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:39am On Dec 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:

I pity the day you stand before Jesus who you are trying to dishonour. The devil has prepared your cell for you in hell for doing a good job for him.

FOOLS!

If Satan is the warden in hell's prison then what is his own punishment?
Useless idiots throwing tantrums claiming they are Christians.
CHRISTMAS IS PAGANISM! smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Truvelisback(m): 7:03am On Dec 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:

The New Testament Saint does not live by rules and regulations. We are led by the Spirit of God in whatever we do.

Besides God has given the church the authority to decide certain things as long as it doesn't conflict with his word.

Matthew 18:18.
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The word bind and lose in modern English means disallow and allow respectively.
Tell them. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Truvelisback(m): 7:05am On Dec 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

FOOLS!
If Satan is the warden in hell's prison then what is his own punishment? Useless idiots throwing tantrums claiming they are Christians. CHRISTMAS IS PAGANISM! smiley
Oga, rest. Una too dey give Credit to Devil.

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:23am On Dec 25, 2022
Satan who supposed to be serve the greatest punishment your stupid brother said he will be the chief warden in your delusional Hellfire. wink
Truvelisback:
Oga, rest. Una too dey give Credit to Devil.

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:25am On Dec 25, 2022
Truvelisback:
Tell them. grin

"Tell them" how to CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS which is PAGAN HOLIDAY! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Ken4Christ: 7:28am On Dec 25, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
1. If you truly believed this to be true, then why do you look constantly to Paul for validation as far as your beliefs? Why not ignore Paul's stipulations, or your interpretations of them, and live alone by that spirit which you claim to live by? undecided

2. So you admit that the authority you claim your churches have are directly restricted by that which is God's word aka Law, directly contradicting your initial claim that there is no Law. undecided

Paul's authority came from Jesus and he also got his revelations from him. How could Paul who persecuted the church know all these except by revelation?

There is law of course but not the law of Moses. It is called the perfect law of liberty.

It is also known as the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Ken4Christ: 7:34am On Dec 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

FOOLS!

Satan is because that was were God threw him to when he rebelled against God.

He is presently not hurt by the flame because of the power that he has to operate until his final judgment day.

But he will finally be thrown into the Lake of Fire where he doesn't have authority and he will be tormented them.

And people like you who rebel against God will be there with him unless you repent.

May God punish Rutherford and Russell a million times for brainwashing countless millions of people in the mighty name of Jesus.

Why not make a you turn and accept the free gift of salvation instead of defending falsehood spread by Jehovah's Witness Satanic Organization.

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Kobojunkiee: 7:36am On Dec 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. Paula authority came from Jesus and he also got his revelations from him. How could Paul who persecuted the church know all these except by revelation?

There is law of course but not the law of Moses. It is called the perfect law of liberty.

2. It is also known as the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.
1. These ramblings make no sense of any kind undecided

. You claim there is No Law in the Kingdom of God yet you claim Paul was authorized as law by suggesting he was given authority. So, which is it? Is there no law or is there Law?? undecided

2. See contradiction after contradiction. undecided

So now there is a Law in the Kingdom of God, only rather than live by the Law as given by Jesus Christ you would subscribe instead to the digest that flows from your interpretations of the words of Paul? undecided
Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Truvelisback(m): 7:37am On Dec 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

"Tell them" how to CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS which is PAGAN HOLIDAY! cheesy
Who created the day? So, i can't Celebrate Christ because Pagans chose that day as their Holiday?

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Tonypen247(m): 7:38am On Dec 25, 2022
H
Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Divoc19(f): 7:39am On Dec 25, 2022
What if you have nothing to share?
Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by chatinent: 7:39am On Dec 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:

The devil prepare a cell for people who don't celebrate Christmas?

Same devil wey bi the original sinner? Wey make the first humans sin?

So Jesus and Devil don dey work hand-in-hand and you no reason me since?

If in your theory, God uses the devil to punish sinners...then Christianity is a joke.

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:39am On Dec 25, 2022
Satan was thrown into your fairy HellFire when he rebelled against God in the garden of Eden, shey?
Then how come the same Satan was freely going everywhere he want thousands of years later in the time of Job? Job 1:7

Ọmọ you know nothing about the Bible you're just carrying pagan traditions in your head! smiley

Ken4Christ:

Satan is because that was were God threw him to when he rebelled against God.

He is presently not hurt by the flame because of the power that he has to operate until his final judgment day.

But he will finally be thrown into the Lake of Fire where he doesn't have authority and he will be tormented them.

And people like you who rebel against God will be there with him unless you repent.

May God punish Rutherford and Russell a million times for brainwashing countless millions of people in the mighty name of Jesus.

Why not make a you turn and accept the free gift of salvation instead of defending falsehood spread by Jehovah's Witness Satanic Organization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by chatinent: 7:40am On Dec 25, 2022
Truvelisback:
Who created the day? So, i can't Celebrate Christ because Pagans chose that day as their Holiday?

Try dey read Bible. E go help you.

The original Christmas really has nothing to do with Jesus. No bi say dem even born Jesus on December 25th. You are just open to accept anything festive so far it's somehow tallied with Christianity by your clergyman.
Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:45am On Dec 25, 2022
Truvelisback:

‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” Matthew 15:8-9

Where in the Bible did Jesus or his disciples celebrated birthdays?

Jesus will condemn you!

"I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of LAWLESSNESS" Matthew 7:23

Which LAW was Jesus referring to here?

If not the law guiding God's servants in ancient times?

None of God's servants celebrated a birthday so you're a worker of LAWLESSNESS claiming Christian whereas true disciples of Christ never celebrated birthdays! smiley
Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 25, 2022
Christmas is only paganism if u r directing the celebration to santa claus which is rubbish if u ask me! Christmas is all about Jesus Christ...He's the reason I celebrate I don't know about u! So stop being pained

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by advocatejare(m): 7:57am On Dec 25, 2022
AntiChristian:

Not really!

grin

When Muhammad retained pagan practice in Islam, he told you people that Ashurah is one of the days of Allah.

Sunan Abi Dawud 2443
Ibn 'Umar said:
'Ashurah was a day on which we used to fast in pre-Islamic days. When (fasting of) Ramadan was prescribed, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: This is one of the days of Allah ; he who wishes may fast on it

Sunan Abi Dawud 2442
'Aishah said:
The Quraish used to fast on the day of 'Ashurah in pre Islamic days. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) would fast on it in pre-Islamic period. When the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) came to Medina, he fasted on it and commanded to fast on it. When the fast of Ramadan was prescribed, that became obligatory, and (fasting on) 'Ashurah was abandoned. He who wishes may fast on it and he who wishes may leave it.

December 25 is one of the days of God, he who wish to celebrate Christmas should do so too.

Many Muslims celebrate Muhammad’s birthday even though no one knows the exact day Muhammad was born and muhammad never celebrated or commanded his birthday to be celebrated, go and talk to those Muslims

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Kobojunkiee: 8:00am On Dec 25, 2022
ernnie457:
Christmas is only paganism if u r directing the celebration to santa claus which is rubbish if u ask me! Christmas is all about Jesus Christ...He's the reason I celebrate I don't know about u! So stop being pained
Rubbish! undecided

Christmas is Pagan because the idea for it never came from Jesus Christ but from the opinions and traditions of men aka Pagan. Any idea or tradition that was not commanded by God Himself is considered Pagan. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Jerewise332(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

FOOLS!

Oga abeg you in the name of whatever you believe,if christmas is PAGANISM as you claimed,allow those who believe in CHRISTMAS celebrate it whether it's biblical or not.besides they've given you provened scriptures and you're still doubting and arguing,what's your problem?
Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Rubbish! undecided

Christmas is Pagan because the idea for it never came from Jesus Christ but from the opinions and traditions of men aka Pagan. Any idea or tradition that was not commanded by God Himself is considered Pagan. undecided

All I can say as e dey sweet us e dey pain Dem as e dey pain them omo e dey sweet u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Celebrate Christmas by advocatejare(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2022
AntiChristian:

Christmas is idolatrous!
When Muhammad retained pagan practice in Islam, he told you people that Ashurah is one of the days of Allah.

Sunan Abi Dawud 2443
Ibn 'Umar said:
'Ashurah was a day on which we used to fast in pre-Islamic days. When (fasting of) Ramadan was prescribed, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: This is one of the days of Allah ; he who wishes may fast on it

Sunan Abi Dawud 2442
'Aishah said:
The Quraish used to fast on the day of 'Ashurah in pre Islamic days. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) would fast on it in pre-Islamic period. When the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) came to Medina, he fasted on it and commanded to fast on it. When the fast of Ramadan was prescribed, that became obligatory, and (fasting on) 'Ashurah was abandoned. He who wishes may fast on it and he who wishes may leave it.

December 25 is one of the days of God, he who wish to celebrate Christmas should do so too.

Many Muslims celebrate Muhammad’s birthday even though no one knows the exact day Muhammad was born and muhammad never celebrated or commanded his birthday to be celebrated, go and talk to those Muslims.

What of the idolatrous moon and star that you put at the top of the minarets of your mosque. Did Muhammad use it, did it command it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night / Confessions Of An Idol Worshiper / Only Satan Shall Set You Free. What's Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.