Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Are These The Major Economic Zones In Nigeria? (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are These The Major Economic Zones In Nigeria? (opinion) (753 Views)

List Of 5 Worst Governors In Nigeria (Opinion) / Buhari Approves Four International Airports As Special Economic Zones / The Cjn’s Removal: The Lamps Are Going Out All Over Nigeria- Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These The Major Economic Zones In Nigeria? (opinion) by triple996(m): 3:04pm On Dec 24, 2022
nigeria is a very large country with big population with an internal generated revenue of 1.9trillion naira in 2021 alone. Nigeria's GDP stands at 440 billion USD as at last year. today I will be looking at the important economic zones in our beloved country. I think this will shape a lot of topics like restructuring, sharing formulae and other important issues. so basically here are the most important economic zones in Nigeria. by the way these are simply my opinion. feel free to say your mind.

1 - Western economic zone(lagos-ogun-ibadon) . this is by far the most industrial region in the country. Lagos and ogun alone constitute more than 80% of Nigeria's industrial power. let's not forget about Ibadan that also have some economic benefits to the country. I think it's a waste of time to start tell you about how dominant Lagos and ogun is, when talking about Nigeria's economy.

2 - Northern urban corridor(abuja-kaduna-kano) . while this might sound new to some, northerners have already know about the economic region of northern Nigeria. abuja the capital city keeps booming with business activities. from financial to light industrial works but no one can deny its strategic importance to other northern cities. kaduna have always been the industrial nerve centre of the north. the coming of elrufai with the completion of the AKK gas pipe line have boom industrial activities. kano have always been the commercial centre of arewa and doesn't seems like it will be slowing down soon. while zaria is sandwiched between these cities, it is mostly neglected. kano and kaduna alone generated approximately 100 billion IGR as at 2021 while abuja generated more than a hundred billion.

3 - Niger dealta oil cities(PH and warri) . I don't think we have any arguments here. the large amount of oil companies are there to see. while unemployment remains a problem, those that scale through will agree that oil companies are the dreams of every nigerian.port Harcourt alone generated about close to 100billion in 2021.

4 - eastern commercial lines( onisha and aba) . eastern Nigeria was the centre of commercial activities for decades, sadly they have lost that title to Lagos mostly due to lad leadership and lack of infrastructure. onisha though still remains a big city filled with commercial activities. onisha is so strong to the extence that not even ESNs sit at home could cripple it. Aba on the other hand has degenerated due to lack of infrastructure by still remains a major commercial city. Anambra generated about 30billion while abia has almost the same figure.
I think the government should consider this when making decisions especially RESTRUCTURING and SHARING FOMULAR

Re: Are These The Major Economic Zones In Nigeria? (opinion) by Phantom233: 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2022
Economic abi commercial? The only two economic zones we have in Nigeria us South south and north, the rest are commercial zones.
Re: Are These The Major Economic Zones In Nigeria? (opinion) by Abdul05: 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2022
I now see reason why , kanu wanted to take his people back to the jungle... cheesy grin

Jungle needs to develop if not another 8 yrs to come ogun state will be competing with Lagos state in term of industrial estate.
Re: Are These The Major Economic Zones In Nigeria? (opinion) by Obagreatdatoye(m): 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2022
Phantom233:
Economic abi commercial? The only two economic zones we have in Nigeria us South south and north, the rest are commercial zones.
Can you clarify with the definition of both terms...waiting!

1 Like

Re: Are These The Major Economic Zones In Nigeria? (opinion) by Emir01: 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ogun state is the most industrialized state in the country
Re: Are These The Major Economic Zones In Nigeria? (opinion) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2022
Phantom233:

Kindly give us a little education about the difference between the two terms?

1 Like

Re: Are These The Major Economic Zones In Nigeria? (opinion) by MrEverest(m): 4:00pm On Dec 24, 2022
triple996:
nigeria is a very large country with big population with an internal generated revenue of 1.9trillion naira in 2021 alone. Nigeria's GDP stands at 440 billion USD as at last year. today I will be looking at the important economic zones in our beloved country. I think this will shape a lot of topics like restructuring, sharing formulae and other important issues. so basically here are the most important economic zones in Nigeria. by the way these are simply my opinion. feel free to say your mind.

1 - Western economic zone(lagos-ogun-ibadon) . this is by far the most industrial region in the country. Lagos and ogun alone constitute more than 80% of Nigeria's industrial power. let's not forget about Ibadan that also have some economic benefits to the country. I think it's a waste of time to start tell you about how dominant Lagos and ogun is, when talking about Nigeria's economy.

2 - Northern urban corridor(abuja-kaduna-kano) . while this might sound new to some, northerners have already know about the economic region of northern Nigeria. abuja the capital city keeps booming with business activities. from financial to light industrial works but no one can deny its strategic importance to other northern cities. kaduna have always been the industrial nerve centre of the north. the coming of elrufai with the completion of the AKK gas pipe line have boom industrial activities. kano have always been the commercial centre of arewa and doesn't seems like it will be slowing down soon. while zaria is sandwiched between these cities, it is mostly neglected. kano and kaduna alone generated approximately 100 billion IGR as at 2021 while abuja generated more than a hundred billion.

3 - Niger dealta oil cities(PH and warri) . I don't think we have any arguments here. the large amount of oil companies are there to see. while unemployment remains a problem, those that scale through will agree that oil companies are the dreams of every nigerian.port Harcourt alone generated about close to 100billion in 2021.

4 - eastern commercial lines( onisha and aba) . eastern Nigeria was the centre of commercial activities for decades, sadly they have lost that title to Lagos mostly due to lad leadership and lack of infrastructure. onisha though still remains a big city filled with commercial activities. onisha is so strong to the extence that not even ESNs sit at home could cripple it. Aba on the other hand has degenerated due to lack of infrastructure by still remains a major commercial city. Anambra generated about 30billion while abia has almost the same figure.
I think the government should consider this when making decisions especially RESTRUCTURING and SHARING FOMULAR

There is no serious economic activities going on in Warri. So, I think you may rather say P.H/Akwa Ibom.

Industrial and commercial activities will never end in the Eastern corridor, regardless of the sit-at-home challenges. As for insecurity, which area of Nigeria is secure?

1. Lagos, Ogun and Ibadan.
2. Aba, Anambra and Enugu.
3. Kano, Kaduna and Abuja.
4. P.H, Benin and Akwa Ibom.
Re: Are These The Major Economic Zones In Nigeria? (opinion) by Phantom233: 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2022
UnusualEmissary:

Kindly give us a little education about the difference between the two terms?
Use google if you don't have a dictionary.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Missing In 12 Most Advanced African Countries’ List / Why Is Obi Wasting Money Renting Stadiums When He Should Rent A School Playgroud / Tinubu Is A Fake Muslim, Consumes Narcotics, Can't Recite Fatiha - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.