Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club (1902 Views)

Lagos Govt Shuts Down Alade Market Over Environmental Violation / Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency / Obi Iyiegbu Cubana Building A Night Club In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by themomentng: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2022
The Lagos State government, through its agency, the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency, (LASEPA) has shut popular club, Quilox for not obtaining sound permit.

Quilox is located on Ozumba Mbadiwe Street in Victoria Island.

It will be recalled that LASEPA recently gave increased decibels and sound permits for activities during the festive period, whereby neighbours are notified and officials will be around to prevent excessive noise pollution.

LASEPA has been harping on maintaining peace with neighbouring communities during the Yuletide season.

…details later

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by bluebay(m): 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nice one . Noisy neighbour

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by MandelaLives: 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2022
Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by Mrkumareze(m): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2022
Honestly I pity those liv8bg within clubs and bar in Nigeria.

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by Jesse6(m): 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2022
Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by Soulsymbol99: 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2022
They hv cm for shina grin
Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by thesicilian: 6:39pm On Dec 24, 2022
Some people will read ethnic, political and religious meanings to this. But the fact remains that clubs in residential areas are supposed to be sound proof

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by masterflowx(m): 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Honestly I pity those liv8bg within clubs and bar in Nigeria.

There is one popular clinic in Bador Ajah Lagos. The hospital is mainly for the elites and wealthy people in that axis. (Dove hospital to be precised).

I was shocked last year when a night club opened next to the clinic. What seperated the 2 businesses is just the fence.

Although, I'm very sure there must be a legal battle going on between them. As am writing this the night club is playing their music at highest level. Presently, I'm just less than 500 mitres away to the the businesses.

The hospital started their business around 2011 and the club just open early last year.

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by Opportuneke(m): 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2022
Probably the disturbance is too much for the residents.

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2022
It's not about the noise, it's all about MONEY!

IF the club owner pays more money (revenue/tax) in form of permit fee, the club will be permitted to increase the volume as much as it wants.

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by iCauseTrouble: 9:56pm On Dec 24, 2022
Lagos State Government wan collect Christmas Gift.
Only God knows how many times they have shut the club this year.
They will surely open it by tomorrow when they receive xmas alert

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by Authoreety: 12:17am On Dec 25, 2022
Noise pollutants

And, maybe,

JEALOUS NEIGHBOURS
Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by oz4real83(m): 1:16am On Dec 25, 2022
Building clubs and other entertainment centres is not well regulated in Nigeria, you can sleep today thinking you lived in a Serene and quiet environment but wake up tomorrow morning to realise that your next door neighbours' house has suddenly become a club house, just come to GRA in Benin city, clubs have transformed a once quiet place to a noisy place at night.

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by Freestainworld(m): 1:17am On Dec 25, 2022
I hate noise

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by pyyxxaro: 1:23am On Dec 25, 2022
Shina done step on toes
Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by holysaint1(m): 2:06am On Dec 25, 2022
Pls which agency is responsible for sealing of churches going against this decibel rule??

They should kindly visit my vicinity with more than enough "sealed up" stickers, because they will surely need it.

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by Kobicove(m): 3:30am On Dec 25, 2022
Na how many time dem go shut this night club sef?!
Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by Kobicove(m): 3:36am On Dec 25, 2022
masterflowx:

There is one popular clinic in Bador Ajah Lagos. The hospital is mainly for the elites and wealthy people in that axis. (Dove hospital to be precised).

I was shocked last year when a night club opened next to the clinic. What seperated the 2 businesses is just the fence.

Although, I'm very sure there must be a legal battle going on between them. As am writing this the night club is playing their music at highest level. Presently, I'm just less than 500 mitres away to the the businesses.

The hospital started their business around 2011 and the club just open early last year.

The stupid town planning officials who approved the permit for the club are responsible for this situation! angry

Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by faceLAGOS: 8:20am On Dec 25, 2022
I doubt if they’ll do this for mosques & churches .
Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by Gadafii: 9:51am On Dec 25, 2022
Most clubs like these are sounds proof, you hardly know what’s going on inside
bluebay:
Nice one . Noisy neighbour
Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by OboOlora(f): 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
About time!
The location of that club is a crazy menace to the commuters around VI.

Even though it’s targeted because the owner left APC for LP
Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by ModCaller: 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2022
masterflowx:

Don't worry, that hospital doesn't have any patients. Bigmen dey abroad on vacation.
Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by ModCaller: 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2022
oz4real83:
Building clubs and other entertainment centres is not well regulated in Nigeria, you can sleep today thinking you lived in a Serene and quiet environment but wake up tomorrow morning to realise that your next door neighbours' house has suddenly become a club house, just come to GRA in Benin city, clubs have transformed a once quiet place to a noisy place at night.

That's good. That GRA was once very boring at night.

A vibrant nightlife is very important for every community. Not at night everywhere will be like a haunted street.
Re: BREAKING: Lagos State Govt Shuts Quilox Night Club by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
Forewarned is forearmed.

We Rise.

What Business Can I Start With N10,000? / I Need A TV/Radio Jingle: Any Ideas? / Why Does Zenith Bank Charge: Zenith Bank Account Holders N65 At Zenith Atm