Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Mery Christmas!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mery Christmas!! (4399 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mery Christmas!! by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas!!

1 Like

Re: Mery Christmas!! by imoh4king(m): 5:13am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: Mery Christmas!! by Smartguyboy(m): 5:17am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas to my follow nairalander even though I don’t have any friends here but we move.

This Christmas has been the worst since my existence but I give baba God the praise I am living after accident I had almost kill someone with my car but thank God nothing happened to the little boy just scratch.

Just packed the car 150k for one side mirror

1 Like

Re: Mery Christmas!! by kaylardz(m): 5:25am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas nairalanders! May be blessings of the season be our portion in Jesus Christ name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Mery Christmas!! by truthhurts2: 5:29am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas to you all and a prosperous New year ahead...

1 Like

Re: Mery Christmas!! by truthhurts2: 5:31am On Dec 25, 2022
Smartguyboy:
Merry Christmas to my follow nairalander even though I don’t have any friends here but we move.

This Christmas has been the worst since my existence but I give baba God the praise I am living after accident I had almost kill someone with my car but thank God nothing happened to the little boy just scratch.

Just packed the car 150k for one side mirror
Thank God baba

2 Likes

Re: Mery Christmas!! by Chelseanababa(m): 5:39am On Dec 25, 2022
Dshocker:
Merry Christmas to all those celebrating it and happy Sunday to those that are broke, complaining of no money.

I pray that come 2023, people like righteousness will give his life to Christ, by denouncing the lord's choosen charismatic revival movements.

I also pray that a rich boyfriend will locate Jennyclay come 2023, so she will stop complaining of being broke.

Good things abound to all those that will vote for Peter Obi, while terrible things will befall all those that will still have the guts to vote APC or PDP.

Merry Christmas fellas
Terrible things will befall you and your household oloribuku oloshi

1 Like

Re: Mery Christmas!! by Pinterest: 5:42am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas to my fellow Penduists.

3 Likes

Re: Mery Christmas!! by smile11s(m): 5:47am On Dec 25, 2022
johnop:
please am in a terrible condition right now! am trying my best to keep my mom alive please any kind hearted person should come to my aid. anything you have pls help me... my mom is not in a good condition and i dont have money. my acct is gtbank. zero two five nine four eight nine two zero two.... name:ikediobi franklin paul. pls anything you can help me with. love you all. merry christmas

20k credited. Happy Christmas and merry new year. Enjoy and feel better

3 Likes

Re: Mery Christmas!! by bluefilm: 5:48am On Dec 25, 2022
It is finally here.

Thank God we all made it to this.

I believe Ritual killers can now let us live for now.
Re: Mery Christmas!! by yomi531(m): 5:59am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas Everyone

1 Like

Re: Mery Christmas!! by Scarletjr(m): 6:05am On Dec 25, 2022
Tank God at least am having good x-mas
Re: Mery Christmas!! by Emola12(m): 6:08am On Dec 25, 2022
God I thank you for giving me opportunity to see dis year Christmas, I really appreciate you God,,, and by this time next year don't let me celebrate it in grave,,in prison,,,in hospital in Jesus name I pray Amen!!!!!!!!! Nawa for who no fit thank God for his or her life nah to just come here and be writing jagajaga

2 Likes

Re: Mery Christmas!! by 07kjb: 6:11am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas umu-nnem

1 Like

Re: Mery Christmas!! by Nairalander248: 6:11am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Xmas Everyone...

It's last Christmas we will celebrate with bad government....

New Nigeria is POssible.

2 Likes

Re: Mery Christmas!! by gift2xl: 6:11am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas beautiful people.
Re: Mery Christmas!! by PastorOku: 6:11am On Dec 25, 2022
Faber:
As u dey spend use ur head. Bros J. never told anyone that today is his birthday.
Happy eating, drinking and sexing...what else

We are not responsible for your misery.
Re: Mery Christmas!! by LearnedsConcept(m): 6:16am On Dec 25, 2022
Re: Mery Christmas!! by Kobojunkiee: 6:25am On Dec 25, 2022
Unityp:
Today is your time of unusual success in life. The Almighty God from now, till the end of the year 2023 and beyond, will begin to add value to your life and destiny. You shall receive divine touch that will instantly change your level and your story. The testimony that your life needs shall manifest. Every plot of darkness to truncate your destiny shall fail, you will not be a victim of evil sacrifice. Your blood shall reject every bewitchment, you will prosper in all your ways now and always. Isaiah 54: 13-17, will be fulfilled in your life in the mighty name of Jesus Christ...
Merry Christmas!!!!
No dey use God name dey deceive people abeg! undecided

Even Jesus Christ did not go around making such declarations about all peoples and He is the King in the Kingdom. undecided
Re: Mery Christmas!! by Kobojunkiee: 6:26am On Dec 25, 2022
ghiloman28:
Merry Christmas to all the Christian’s around the world.

Indeed HOPE IS RENEWED
What hope is renewed? undecided
Re: Mery Christmas!! by Nyanabo(m): 6:26am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas à tous
Re: Mery Christmas!! by Kobojunkiee: 6:33am On Dec 25, 2022
opalu:
To those Christians who argue every year about Christmas if 25th December is correct name etc. They are still ignorant of the Law of LIBERTY in Christ Jesus.

THE LAW OF LIBERTY IN CHRIST
Romans 14:4-10

[4]Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
[5]One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
You no read am at all? undecided

Jesus Christ whom you claim to be servant to is the one I claim to be servant to. And He, Jesus Christ told His servants how to identify those who are truly His from those who are not His meaning Jesus Christ gave His seventh authority to judge those who claim to belong to Him in order to identify and know the frauds among them. undecided

Now, what Paul seems to be telling you is that you should not judge those who belong to another master meaning it is not your place to judge, say, a Muslim or a Hindu since those proclaim other masters. It is according to their master that they stand or fall, not yours since you don't believe in the same deity that they do. undecided
Re: Mery Christmas!! by membranus: 6:35am On Dec 25, 2022
LogicBomb8:
Its been a long, amazing and surprising year for all of us, but it is that time of the year again when we all take a pause and remenisce on all that has happend so far. Many of us started this year together but if you are among the number that made it this far congratulations and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS YOU

Merry Christmas to you too. And to all Nairalanders. May this festive season attracts good things to our lives.

1 Like

Re: Mery Christmas!! by Raydave: 6:38am On Dec 25, 2022
smile11s:
Was Jesus born on December 25? There is no evidence for this date. So then, who decided that Jesus' birth would be celebrated on that date? The early Christian church did not celebrate Jesus' birth. It wasn't until A.D. 440 that the church officially proclaimed December 25 as the birth of Christ. This was not based on any religious evidence but on a pagan feast. Saturnalia was a tradition inherited by the Roman pagans from an earlier Babylonian priesthood. December 25 was used as a celebration of the birthday of the sun god, land of the rising sun. It was observed near the winter solstice.

The apostles in the Bible predicted that some Christians would adopt pagan beliefs to enable them to make their religion more palatable to the pagans around them. Therefore, some scholars think the church chose the date of this pagan celebration to interest them in Christianity. The pagans were already used to celebrating on this date.

The Bible itself tells us that December 25 is an unlikely date for His birth. Palestine is very cold in December. It was much too cold to ask everyone to travel to the city of their fathers to register for taxes. Also the shepherds were in the fields (Luke 2:8-12). Shepherds were not in the fields in the winter time. They are in the fields early in March until early October. This would place Jesus' birth in the spring or early fall. It is also known that Jesus lived for 33.5 years and died at the feast of the Passover, which is at Easter time. He must therefore have been born six months the other side of Easter - making the date around the September/October time frames.

Other evidence that December 25 is the wrong date for the birth of Jesus comes from early writings. Iranaeus, born about a century after Jesus, notes that Jesus was born in the 41st year of the reign of Augustus. Since Augustus began his reign in the autumn of 43 B.C., this appears to substantiate the birth of Jesus as the autumn of 2 B.C. Eusebius (A.D. 264-340), the "Father of Church History," ascribes it to the 42nd year of the reign of Augustus and the 28th from the subjection of Egypt on the death of Anthony and Cleopatra. The 42nd year of Augustus ran from the autumn of 2 B.C. to the autumn of 1 B.C. The subjugation of Egypt into the Roman Empire occurred in the autumn of 30 B.C. The 28th year extended from the autumn of 3 B.C. to the autumn of 2 B.C. The only date that would meet both of these constraints would be the autumn of 2 B.C.

John the Baptist also helps us determine that December 25 is not the birth of Jesus. Elizabeth, John's mother, was a cousin of Mary. John began his ministry in the 15th year of Tiberius Caesar. The minimum age for the ministry was 30. As Augustus died on August 19, A.D. 14, that was the accession year for Tiberius. If John was born on April 19-20, 2 B.C., his 30th birthday would have been April 19-20, A.D. 29, or the 15th year of Tiberius. This seems to confirm the 2 B.C. date, and, since John was 5 months older, this also confirms an autumn birth date for Jesus.

Another interesting fact comes from Elizabeth herself. She hid herself for 5 months and then the Angel Gabriel announced to Mary both Elizabeth's condition and that Mary would also bear a son who would be called Jesus. Mary went "with haste" to visit Elizabeth, who was then in the first week of her 6th month, or the 4th week of Dec., 3 B.C. If Jesus was born 280 days later it would place his birth on Sept. 29, 2 B.C. Some scholars interpret the 6 months to be in line with the Hebrew calendar or the August-September time frame. Since Mary's pregnancy commenced a little before the sixth month around July, Jesus would be born somewhere around March-June. But does it matter if Jesus was born on the spring, the fall, or on December 25? Does it matter, theologically, when Jesus was born? What do you think, does it matter what day we celebrate His birth? What if Jesus never existed and the early Christians decided to create him, and his birthday? What if he was black from Heebo/Ebo tribe and they whitewashed Him

Who Is Simon Ekpa, And Why Is He Ordering A Stay-at-home? Can Someone Explain?

https://gist.am/q/who-is-simon-ekpa-and-why-is-he-ordering-a-stay-at-home-can-someone-explain

You're taking me out of the Box Yo! ���
Re: Mery Christmas!! by XOGBADO(m): 6:50am On Dec 25, 2022
smile11s:
Was Jesus born on December 25? There is no evidence for this date. So then, who decided that Jesus' birth would be celebrated on that date? The early Christian church did not celebrate Jesus' birth. It wasn't until A.D. 440 that the church officially proclaimed December 25 as the birth of Christ. This was not based on any religious evidence but on a pagan feast. Saturnalia was a tradition inherited by the Roman pagans from an earlier Babylonian priesthood. December 25 was used as a celebration of the birthday of the sun god, land of the rising sun. It was observed near the winter solstice.

The apostles in the Bible predicted that some Christians would adopt pagan beliefs to enable them to make their religion more palatable to the pagans around them. Therefore, some scholars think the church chose the date of this pagan celebration to interest them in Christianity. The pagans were already used to celebrating on this date.

The Bible itself tells us that December 25 is an unlikely date for His birth. Palestine is very cold in December. It was much too cold to ask everyone to travel to the city of their fathers to register for taxes. Also the shepherds were in the fields (Luke 2:8-12). Shepherds were not in the fields in the winter time. They are in the fields early in March until early October. This would place Jesus' birth in the spring or early fall. It is also known that Jesus lived for 33.5 years and died at the feast of the Passover, which is at Easter time. He must therefore have been born six months the other side of Easter - making the date around the September/October time frames.

Other evidence that December 25 is the wrong date for the birth of Jesus comes from early writings. Iranaeus, born about a century after Jesus, notes that Jesus was born in the 41st year of the reign of Augustus. Since Augustus began his reign in the autumn of 43 B.C., this appears to substantiate the birth of Jesus as the autumn of 2 B.C. Eusebius (A.D. 264-340), the "Father of Church History," ascribes it to the 42nd year of the reign of Augustus and the 28th from the subjection of Egypt on the death of Anthony and Cleopatra. The 42nd year of Augustus ran from the autumn of 2 B.C. to the autumn of 1 B.C. The subjugation of Egypt into the Roman Empire occurred in the autumn of 30 B.C. The 28th year extended from the autumn of 3 B.C. to the autumn of 2 B.C. The only date that would meet both of these constraints would be the autumn of 2 B.C.

John the Baptist also helps us determine that December 25 is not the birth of Jesus. Elizabeth, John's mother, was a cousin of Mary. John began his ministry in the 15th year of Tiberius Caesar. The minimum age for the ministry was 30. As Augustus died on August 19, A.D. 14, that was the accession year for Tiberius. If John was born on April 19-20, 2 B.C., his 30th birthday would have been April 19-20, A.D. 29, or the 15th year of Tiberius. This seems to confirm the 2 B.C. date, and, since John was 5 months older, this also confirms an autumn birth date for Jesus.

Another interesting fact comes from Elizabeth herself. She hid herself for 5 months and then the Angel Gabriel announced to Mary both Elizabeth's condition and that Mary would also bear a son who would be called Jesus. Mary went "with haste" to visit Elizabeth, who was then in the first week of her 6th month, or the 4th week of Dec., 3 B.C. If Jesus was born 280 days later it would place his birth on Sept. 29, 2 B.C. Some scholars interpret the 6 months to be in line with the Hebrew calendar or the August-September time frame. Since Mary's pregnancy commenced a little before the sixth month around July, Jesus would be born somewhere around March-June. But does it matter if Jesus was born on the spring, the fall, or on December 25? Does it matter, theologically, when Jesus was born? What do you think, does it matter what day we celebrate His birth? What if Jesus never existed and the early Christians decided to create him, and his birthday? What if he was black from Heebo/Ebo tribe and they whitewashed Him

https://gist.am/q/who-is-simon-ekpa-and-why-is-he-ordering-a-stay-at-home-can-someone-explain

Today is Christmas and I'm celebrating Christ. I don't care about your research or whatever grin
As for Ekpa guy, every reasonable Igbo blood knows he's a terrorist seeking to destroy our beloved land
Re: Mery Christmas!! by Doyou2019: 6:51am On Dec 25, 2022
ghiloman28:
Merry Christmas to all the Christian’s around the world.

Indeed HOPE IS RENEWED

The Renewal of the Hope of Nigerian Christians is not in the hands of a corrupt politician who loathes them and with every given chance insults Christianity, their precious religion.
It's Christmas o
so biko urchins
carry on with your never-ending craze all you want BUT

Leave us out of it!

1 Like

Re: Mery Christmas!! by Faber(m): 7:00am On Dec 25, 2022
PastorOku:

We are not responsible for your misery.
Same way I am not responsible for your imbecility. Na ur papa used you. Ewu Xmas
Re: Mery Christmas!! by shimolv: 7:06am On Dec 25, 2022
Re: Mery Christmas!! by MrSensor(m): 7:06am On Dec 25, 2022
smile11s:

I never read this anger from this ritualist.
Re: Mery Christmas!! by OdefaGirl(f): 7:09am On Dec 25, 2022
smile11s:

Being a nuisance and a fool on Christmas morning is just the height of it, you need to be chained before you pull your clothes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Secret Of Success (i) By Kenneth Hagin / Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? / Witches Hold Conference In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.