Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Dell Vostro Core I7 Fan Issues. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Dell Vostro Core I7 Fan Issues. (347 Views)

Clean Dell Vostro Core I5, 1terabyte And 4gb Ram / Dell Vostro Core I3 Hdd 320gb 4gb Ram 2.40ghz 65,000 / Dell Vostro | Core I3, 6hrs Battery | SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dell Vostro Core I7 Fan Issues. by Adeoye11(m): 4:02am On Dec 25, 2022
Hello house, Wishing all the gurus and visitors here Merry Xmas and happy new year in advance.
Please I have issue with my Dell vostro 8gb ram corei7 and the issue is that if I shut down the system the fan keeps on blowing for a long time even after shutting down and if I close the laptop, the power button notification also is always on.
Please what is the best solution to solving this issue because it's always running my battery down.
If I tried pressing the power button for long the laptop shut down completely though, but am not so convenient with that method.
Kindly assist in the best solution.
Re: Dell Vostro Core I7 Fan Issues. by Onyeka90210(m): 10:18am On Dec 25, 2022
Adeoye11:
Hello house, Wishing all the gurus and visitors here Merry Xmas and happy new year in advance.
Please I have issue with my Dell vostro 8gb ram corei7 and the issue is that if I shut down the system the fan keeps on blowing for a long time even after shutting down and if I close the laptop, the power button notification also is always on.
Please what is the best solution to solving this issue because it's always running my battery down.
If I tried pressing the power button for long the laptop shut down completely though, but am not so convenient with that method.
Kindly assist in the best solution.
Search for power button, and go to change what the power button does, also change what the closing the lid does.
Set the powerbutton to shutdown and the lid to sleep, or you can put on shutdown as well.
Re: Dell Vostro Core I7 Fan Issues. by Adeoye11(m): 11:44am On Dec 25, 2022
ok thanks let me try this method.
Re: Dell Vostro Core I7 Fan Issues. by Adewale1603(m): 5:45pm On Dec 25, 2022
Onyeka90210:

Search for power button, and go to change what the power button does, also change what the closing the lid does.
Set the powerbutton to shutdown and the lid to sleep, or you can put on shutdown as well.
I doubt if this is the solution to what is affecting the system. because this settings is already normal by default in windows Os
Re: Dell Vostro Core I7 Fan Issues. by Onyeka90210(m): 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2022
Adewale1603:
I doubt if this is the solution to what is affecting the system. because this settings is already normal by default in windows Os
Hmmm
Okay, but there’s nothing like normal setting in power options, the button is either programmed to do something or do nothing. If you say it’s programmed to do something, then it’s looking like hard ware, then again since holding shuts off thePC could be software.
Re: Dell Vostro Core I7 Fan Issues. by Adewale1603(m): 9:07pm On Dec 25, 2022
Onyeka90210:

Hmmm
Okay, but there’s nothing like normal setting in power options, the button is either programmed to do something or do nothing. If you say it’s programmed to do something, then it’s looking like hard ware, then again since holding shuts off thePC could be software.
as per default setting in windows, closing the laptop lid will put the laptop to sleep, pressing power button will also put it sleep, it won't shutdown the laptop, cos that's not even the recommended way to shut down laptops. unless they have tampered with the settings to another option.
Re: Dell Vostro Core I7 Fan Issues. by Adeoye11(m): 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2022
I even tried the above method it doesn't work.
Any other solution?

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Easy Way To Buy A Laptop / Mint Dell 3490 For Sale / Hello Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.