Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 10 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 10 (147 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 10 by PastorSomba(m): 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 10

2Corinthians 3:3-4, 6-9 (KJV) "Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:..... 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory."

10. According to this scripture in 2Corinthians 3:3-4,6-9, the law could not be written in the hearts of men but on tablets of stones. Being on stones it hardened the heart of the people instead of producing meekness and repentance. Being in stones which had no life, the law had no ability to produce Godly repentance in the people as it was unable to access the spirit and the minds of men. In the new testament, the word became flesh, took on humanity and being a spirit being, it was able to penetrate man, spirit, soul and body transforming all who believe into the likeness of Himself the word in human flesh. The word became flesh to make all flesh become like the word. By this all who believe become one with Him and in Him.

The word became a living word to give life to all flesh. The word as a spirit can now access the spirit of men to produce faith in the heart of all who hear the word. The law being on stones was incompatible to the human nature. The law turned the hearts of men to hearts of stone but the living word came and was able to relate to man and produce divine change, spirit to spirit, heart to heart, soul to soul, flesh to flesh. This was the essence of the new covenant. Apart from the law being written on tablets of stones, the temple where these tablets of stone were kept, was also built with stones. But in the new covenant humans beings with flesh and blood are now the temple of God, having also hearts of flesh instead of stony hearts.

The law was written with ink but the word of faith is written with the Spirit of the living God. While the law was the means of ministration in the old testament but faith is the means of ministration of the new testament. While the law was physically written letters but the new covenant is written by the Spirit in the hearts of men. The law being mere letters killed and produced death in the people but faith gives life through the spirit. The law was the ministration of death which had a glory that was temporary and fading. But the ministration of faith in the spirit carries eternal glory. In 2Corinthians 3:9 the law is called the ministration of condemnation but faith is called the ministration of righteousness. It was these weaknesses of the law that made it a necessity for a new covenant. With the law ministering sin and death God would have eventually destroyed all men as he did in the days of Noah as it was impossible for anyone to be save through the law.

Hebrews 8:7-12 (KJV) "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." God bless you. Jeremiah 31:31-34; 32:39-42; Exodus 20:25; 31:18; 34:1-4; 1Kings 5:17-18; 6:7; Ezekiel 11:19-20; 36:26-27; 2Corinthians 3:10-18; 7:10; John 1:14; Romans 2:29; 3:19-28; 8:1-9;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Mohammed / Chiropractic Adjustment In Noida / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Thursday, January 19,2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.