Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari (677 Views)

Don’t Be Far From Me If You Cross Over, Fubara Urges Wike / I Will Be Far Away From Abuja After May 29, 2023 - President Buhari / Attacking Me Won't Solve Problems Buhari Created - Atiku Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by FullBlastLight: 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari on Christmas Day said he will retire to his Daura hometown, Katsina State to rest from the rigours of office and to avoid problems, when he exits from office on May 29, 2023.

President Buhari stated this while hosting residents of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, who paid him Christmas homage at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Speaking at the homage, the President said, “Thank you very much for taking your time to come and visit me and I congratulate you on this great day (Christmas).

I have promised a lot of my colleagues that I will try and be as far away as possible from Abuja when I leave the office so that nobody can create any problems for me anymore.

“I will be in Daura, which is on the border with the Niger Republic and I think in spite of technology, I will be safe enough there.”

He expressed his appreciation to Nigerians for trusting, supporting and giving him the opportunity to serve as their leader.

He told the delegation, led by the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mohammed Bello that while campaigning for President in 2003, he took his time to visit the 774 Local Government Areas of the country and he got overwhelming support from the people.

He used the occasion to once again assure Nigerians that he will not stay in office a day longer that the stipulated time of his tenure in office.

“I thank God that before the 2019 elections I went around the whole of the States and in 2003-2011, I went to all the Local Governments in this country and I thank Nigerians, the people who turned up in every Local Government were more than what anyone can buy.

So, I was pleased with the way Nigerians highly treated me and accepted me. In five months’ time, I will happily retire according to the provisions of the constitution of the country and go back home,” he added.

Speaking earlier, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, and leader of the delegation, Mallam Mohammed Bello, said it has become mandatory for a delegation of residents of the seat of power to pay homage to the President during festivities like Christmas and Sallah because he is the Governor General of the FCT.

He said, “It is not surprising to pay such visits because constitutionally, as the Governor General of the FCT, you are also the head of the administration of the FCT but you have graciously delegated that to me.

Today marks a milestone for us because in 2020 and 2021 we could not pay such visits due to the emergence of coronavirus.”

He wished President Buhari long life and a successful retirement as his tenure gradually comes to an end.

According to him, “This also presents the last Christmas that we are going to have an opportunity as residents of the FCT to come and pay you homage because in five months’ time, your tenure would have ended and the next Christmas will be under a new President.

“So, we use this opportunity to thank God almighty for having made it possible for us to witness several Christmas celebrations under your leadership.

I wish to also on behalf of the entire residents of the FCT, wish you well and pray for God almighty to grant you long life, and a useful and healthy retirement in the next few months. We want to also extend our appreciation for what you have so far done for the country.”

President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Archbishop Daniel Okoh, who was represented by the Vice President of the Association, Rev Stephen Panya-Baba, thanked God for sustaining Nigeria’s unity, as he praised President Buhari for working hard for the progress of Nigeria.

“We want to reassure you that in the twilight of your administration, the Christian community is fully in support of you and praying that God will bless your effort and that this desire you have to see that the sufferings of the citizens of this nation are alleviated, will begin to yield fruits.

“We are not unaware of the challenges that you continue to face especially security challenges which have become a very persistent problem in our nation today we are praying and we have not given up hope and we want to encourage you to continue doing your best and we believe God will one day intervene and do what man cannot do.”

He also prayed for successful and peaceful general elections across the country next year.

The highlight of the event was the presentation of a giant Christmas card by the FCT Minister to the President on behalf of residents of the Federal Capital Territory.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/after-may-29-ill-be-far-away-from-abuja-to-avoid-problems-buhari/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwi-xPP_1ZX8AhV0TKQEHbdRBR8Q0PADKAB6BAgHEAE&usg=AOvVaw1eV2JLbWmxR3e-yBqg4cqH

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by slimjohn2k5: 10:13pm On Dec 25, 2022
This guy want to sly Tinubu
Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by Xscape1993(m): 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2022
Is there a president in Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 25, 2022
Disaster

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by nedu666: 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2022
Even with ur presence in aso rock u are still absent in all facets of governance. Pls remember not to grant interviews since u find it difficult to talk to nigerians. Las las pls don't complain about insecurity and poverty in nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by naijapikin2(m): 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2022
Barawo!
Even katsina will not be safe for you.

The monster you created will come back and haunt you.

Dan iska kawai.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by Kaycee9242(m): 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2022
Why not move out of the villa today, we are tired of you and your inhuman government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2022
Carry Tinubu along

4 Likes

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by chinae(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2022
Avoid the problems you created in guise of solving them.

Abacha is currently far away from Abuja too.

A slow poke with no living brain cell, allowed humongous financial wonders/miracle under his watch, yet thinks we should exonerate him.

Before 2015, I had always known you can't lead better than a course rep.

Your only glory is being opportune to see someone you are better off (if he rigs his way in).

3 Likes

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by ZombieTERROR: 10:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
Xscape1993:
Is there a president in Nigeria?

Its so obvious Buhari came for the money and the opportunity to travel round the world to enjoy himself...

Buhari and APc has nothing to offer the country aside insecurity, corruption and hardship..

Say No to APc today...
Tomorrow might be too late to save Nigeria

1 Like

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by dynicks(m): 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2022
grin
Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by nepapole(m): 10:39pm On Dec 25, 2022
undecided

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:43pm On Dec 25, 2022
FullBlastLight:
After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari on Christmas Day said he will retire to his Daura hometown, Katsina State to rest from the rigours of office and to avoid problems, when he exits from office on May 29, 2023.

President Buhari stated this while hosting residents of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, who paid him Christmas homage at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Speaking at the homage, the President said, “Thank you very much for taking your time to come and visit me and I congratulate you on this great day (Christmas).

I have promised a lot of my colleagues that I will try and be as far away as possible from Abuja when I leave the office so that nobody can create any problems for me anymore.

“I will be in Daura, which is on the border with the Niger Republic and I think in spite of technology, I will be safe enough there.”

He expressed his appreciation to Nigerians for trusting, supporting and giving him the opportunity to serve as their leader.

He told the delegation, led by the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mohammed Bello that while campaigning for President in 2003, he took his time to visit the 774 Local Government Areas of the country and he got overwhelming support from the people.

He used the occasion to once again assure Nigerians that he will not stay in office a day longer that the stipulated time of his tenure in office.

“I thank God that before the 2019 elections I went around the whole of the States and in 2003-2011, I went to all the Local Governments in this country and I thank Nigerians, the people who turned up in every Local Government were more than what anyone can buy.

So, I was pleased with the way Nigerians highly treated me and accepted me. In five months’ time, I will happily retire according to the provisions of the constitution of the country and go back home,” he added.

Speaking earlier, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, and leader of the delegation, Mallam Mohammed Bello, said it has become mandatory for a delegation of residents of the seat of power to pay homage to the President during festivities like Christmas and Sallah because he is the Governor General of the FCT.

He said, “It is not surprising to pay such visits because constitutionally, as the Governor General of the FCT, you are also the head of the administration of the FCT but you have graciously delegated that to me.

Today marks a milestone for us because in 2020 and 2021 we could not pay such visits due to the emergence of coronavirus.”

He wished President Buhari long life and a successful retirement as his tenure gradually comes to an end.

According to him, “This also presents the last Christmas that we are going to have an opportunity as residents of the FCT to come and pay you homage because in five months’ time, your tenure would have ended and the next Christmas will be under a new President.

“So, we use this opportunity to thank God almighty for having made it possible for us to witness several Christmas celebrations under your leadership.

I wish to also on behalf of the entire residents of the FCT, wish you well and pray for God almighty to grant you long life, and a useful and healthy retirement in the next few months. We want to also extend our appreciation for what you have so far done for the country.”

President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Archbishop Daniel Okoh, who was represented by the Vice President of the Association, Rev Stephen Panya-Baba, thanked God for sustaining Nigeria’s unity, as he praised President Buhari for working hard for the progress of Nigeria.

“We want to reassure you that in the twilight of your administration, the Christian community is fully in support of you and praying that God will bless your effort and that this desire you have to see that the sufferings of the citizens of this nation are alleviated, will begin to yield fruits.

“We are not unaware of the challenges that you continue to face especially security challenges which have become a very persistent problem in our nation today we are praying and we have not given up hope and we want to encourage you to continue doing your best and we believe God will one day intervene and do what man cannot do.”

He also prayed for successful and peaceful general elections across the country next year.

The highlight of the event was the presentation of a giant Christmas card by the FCT Minister to the President on behalf of residents of the Federal Capital Territory.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/after-may-29-ill-be-far-away-from-abuja-to-avoid-problems-buhari/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwi-xPP_1ZX8AhV0TKQEHbdRBR8Q0PADKAB6BAgHEAE&usg=AOvVaw1eV2JLbWmxR3e-yBqg4cqH

Totally fake. He didn't say to avoid problems. I know you got ur news from confused and dumb channels tv online link.

The original source have already been posted here over 2 hours ago. Yours is not needed here. Go away with ur confused misleading headline news from a fake blog.

see original source below

https://www.nairaland.com/7496357/ill-far-away-abuja-after
Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by ThoughtOfYou: 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2022
May 29 still looks like years
Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2022
ThoughtOfYou:
May 29 still looks like years

Yes na. E shock you abi?? Buhari is ur worst night mare, this is just the beginning
Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by AfonjaEmir: 10:50pm On Dec 25, 2022
I repeat..

spot the difference..

if you have EYES see and dont be like fuulish zombies, who are programmed to be fuulish. angry

The mannequin will Jakpa and return to the sahel...where IT is from and the greatest scam of the modern century, was a success because of HATE for people that decoded the scam from inception..

Pic 1 ...FAKE BUHARI
Pic 2: REAL BUHARI

Spot the difference...who is in ASO ROCK!! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by Betanaija42moro: 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2022
Not only you, APC will be far from Abuja.

With over 133million Nigerians living in poverty, I pray that APC doesn't happen to Nigerians again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by Day169: 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2022
.. far away from Abuja ke?
To avoid problems in Daura, ba?
Problems for 9ja no dey finish o! undecided
Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by CharleyBright(m): 11:33pm On Dec 25, 2022
Who really cares what oblivion you will enter into?
Of what value have you been to Nigerians?
Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, Jonathan were ex leaders and are enjoying international recognition and appointments till today after they left office. The day you- Buhari leave office is the day you will enter oblivion and extinction because you have nothing meaningful to offer anyone.
So abeg piss off.
Useless slowpoke.
Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by Ochemicals: 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2022
Hmm. Terrorists. Kidnap....... 1bn dollars ransom.
Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by JOemmy(m): 11:48pm On Dec 25, 2022
Liar no one saw him in my own local govt he should have said states instead of local govt areas.
Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by PointZerom: 12:09am On Dec 26, 2022
After May 29 you'll return to your home country Sudan. We already know.

1 Like

Re: After May 29, I’ll Be Far Away From Abuja To Avoid Problems — Buhari by loosecanon50(m): 12:11am On Dec 26, 2022
You came, you saw, and you impoverished us even further. No matter how far away you run, you will be found because by then there will be no more immunity clause covering your daura-bound carcass.
You must answer for all your crimes against innocent Nigerians.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Nzeogwu Is From South East / Naira And Fuel Scarcity Is Affecting Tinubu Alone - Opposition Parties / Peter Obi Contacted The Oba Of Lagos, But Wasn't Able To See Him (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.