Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,970 members, 7,841,714 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

When You Have A Friend Like Oshobaba Your Confidence Grows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When You Have A Friend Like Oshobaba Your Confidence Grows (136 Views)

Dino Melaye: Oshiomhole Is No Longer Oshobaba. He's Oshopikin (Video) / With A Friend Like Wike, Obaseki Meets His Pdp’s Waterloo; Almost -Thisday Paper / With A Friend Like Wike, Obaseki Meets His Pdp’s Waterloo; Almost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When You Have A Friend Like Oshobaba Your Confidence Grows by oikirodah(m): 8:16am On Dec 26, 2022
Asiwaju & Adams Are Like Siamese Twins : When You Have A Friend Like Oshobaba Your Confidence Grows

Ge-ge
Okay, I'm here to introduce to you (ge-ge)
A couple of my friends
And I want you guys to know who they are right now
(Of Lagos)-I Got a Friend ...Song by Davido

Davido did this song about two years ago in his album A Better Time to pay respect to his friends, and ever since I heard it for the first time, it has always put a smile on my face knowing that there are friends you can count on in life, especially when things get tough.

The song captures Davido's friends who are there for him for various reasons, as well as the role they play in shaping his career and everyday life. He even mentioned his father, whom he claims is now his friend and who gives him money.

The election season has returned, and the intrigues and politicking are becoming increasingly heated. Today, the presidential race has three or four candidates who are considered major contenders by the electorates.

Based on demographics, political calculations, charisma, readiness, organization, allegiance, and many other variables, the winner would be determined by a plethora of factors.

If Tinubu were a musician like Davido and decided to sing his own song in honour of his friends, Oshobaba would undoubtedly appear in the 3- 4 minute track.

Let me briefly describe the relationship between Tinubu and Oshiomhole, the former governor of Edo State, who are intertwined like Siamese twins and are undoubtedly giving the opposition parties a pain.

When Adams Oshiomhole ran for governor of Edo State, he faced up against the traditional godfathers in the state who were all in the PDP camp, and while he easily defeated them, the PDP was able to steal the election and leave Oshiomhole out in the cold thanks to the might of the Federal Government.

The former labour leader did not back down and took his case to the courts to determine and interpret the elections. With the support of progressives like Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and others, the comrade governor fought these forces of renegades who never wanted the state to benefit from the basic dividends of democracy to a halt and was declared the winner.

Oshiomhole went on to become the State's best-ever governor, and during his re-election, he accomplished a feat that has yet to be replicated anywhere in the 36-state federation. He did this by easily beating the opposition in all 18 of the State's Local Government Areas (LGAs).

After leaving government, he was elected National Chairman of the APC, and strangely, that was when his real struggles began. Numerous opponents used his close friendship with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos State, as a pretext to remove him from office.

The battle became tangled as these renegade forces regrouped both within and outside the party to depose him from the throne. They did everything they could and eventually joined forces to take him out clandestinely because, as the party's National Chairman, they assumed the Comrade would deliver Tinubu as the APC presidential candidate in the primaries, which were still a few years away.

They got funny  judgements to take him out, and Adams Oshiomhole, who proved not to be desperate, let their ill-advised decision fly.

He not only refused to appeal the case to a higher court in order to seek justice, but he also accepted their decisions and moved on.  As a result, the party is stronger and more cohesive.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu became the presidential candidate today, and Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole is now the deputy DG of the APC presidential campaign council, proving that a person who God has predestined for greatness cannot be stopped by a mortal.

The well-liked and charismatic leader is a senatorial candidate for Edo North Senatorial District and a key player in the campaign to elect Tinubu as the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

One distinguishing feature of Oshiomhole is his dexterity and uncommon drive in promoting Tinubu's candidature; the senatorial candidate can be seen campaigning for Tinubu wherever the Jagaban goes for his campaigns, as well as campaigning for Tinubu in his own locality when campaigning for himself.

Friendships enrich our lives and are beneficial to our health. Friendships provide emotional support and make us feel loved and connected. These are important aspects of our mental and social well-being. That is why it is critical to choose our friends wisely and to treat them well.

When you have a friend like Oshiomhole, your confidence and morale are raised. Oshiomhole's alliance with Asiwaju Tinubu has demonstrated all the qualities of a good and enduring friendship, which includes dependability, loyalty, empathy for others, good listeners, contagious confidence, acceptance of you as you are, being there for you in difficult situations, returning favours, and having your best interests in mind.

A friend celebrates you regardless of your condition; show me your friend, and I'll tell you who you are.

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah is the chairman and CEO of Bush Radio Academy.
Source iReporteronline.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/asiwaju-adams-are-like-siamese-twins-when-you-have-a-friend-like-oshobaba-your-confidence-grows/

Re: When You Have A Friend Like Oshobaba Your Confidence Grows by Jengem: 8:17am On Dec 26, 2022
It's like how babes roll with one wor wor friend to improve their self esteem

(1) (Reply)

Enough Of Police Brutality In Nigeria / Imumolen Set To Unveil Election Master Plan To Nigerians In New Year's Day / Only Unemployed And Jobless People Attend Political Rallies On Working Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.