Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills (12618 Views)

Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m / Bet9ja Refused To Pay 15 Million Won With Bonus All Evidence Available / Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Streetmovement(m): 9:02am On Dec 27, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I hope say he go reach the people wey dey affected
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by faceland: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2022
one of the devilish companies
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Smartguyboy(m): 9:05am On Dec 27, 2022
The Shell Oil Company has agreed to pay $19.75 million for spilling more than 400,000 gallons of crude oil into San Francisco Bay in 1988

But in 2022 they are paying poor black country €15m
Black man will never learn

1 Like

Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by yinks77: 9:06am On Dec 27, 2022
They will use the money to fork their young girls as they have turned most of them to hook-ups.

2 Likes

Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Justmesagi: 9:08am On Dec 27, 2022
limeta:
Oya make una rush go collect the money
There will still be no clean drinking water .
You get am.
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by IbrahimSkiba(f): 9:08am On Dec 27, 2022
Funny enough, I'm benefitting from it too...
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by ravetechng: 9:09am On Dec 27, 2022
The damage done is far more than 15M
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by wink2015(m): 9:09am On Dec 27, 2022
IT SHOWS THAT THE WESTERN LEGAL SYSTEM IS FAIR TO THE VICTIMS of the oil spill in Nigeria.

This is what the federal government of Nigeria should be doing but they failed and the people of oil producing communities had to take their case to the International legal bodies.

This judgement will send a strong message to the domineering federal government of Nigeria that their actions in the Niger delta region has been rather of exploitation and oppression.

The federal government of Nigeria has been dilly dally on the OGONI CLEAN UP EXERCISE.

I am sure if crude oil was found in large commercial quantity in the northern part of Nigeria as it is in the Niger delta region the federal government will not be using divide and rule tactics to run the affairs.
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by chatinent: 9:09am On Dec 27, 2022
Poor. The atrocities are worth billions.
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by MadeINchenzen2: 9:10am On Dec 27, 2022
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2022
Pay to who...to thieves that won't use to money to better the lives of the poor people in the region...how long will she'll keep paying money ? Can't there be a stop to environmental degradation in the region...?
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Hamiltonii: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2022
Judolisco:
Not enough.... They should use d money to clean the environment instead... Na only 3 people go share dis money for Niger delta... When they finish the money they'll start shouting marginalisation and exploitation again... I've not seen greedy set of people in my life... Jst look at delta state and bayelsa...

You're a blind bigot. Is the 'compensation' not an evidence of marginalisation? Leave our resources and its proceeds for us.
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Zane2point4(m): 9:15am On Dec 27, 2022
Still be embezzled and used ti build train station for maradi in niger!
Its better the white company use that money for something else in there land!

This countrys problem is not money but all tribes want the largest share in all things
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Angelfrost(m): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2022
That's not even close to the damages they've done all these years!

Then again, it doesn't matter how much they cough out... Even if it's over a billion dollars, the actual victims of their errors will never see a dime of it in cash or kind.
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by FrancescoFarino(f): 9:18am On Dec 27, 2022
Good One
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by weljewel: 9:20am On Dec 27, 2022
Thanks be to God for direction and execution.
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by SouthSouth1914: 9:22am On Dec 27, 2022
Judolisco:
Not enough.... They should use d money to clean the environment instead... Na only 3 people go share dis money for Niger delta... When they finish the money they'll start shouting marginalisation and exploitation again... I've not seen greedy set of people in my life... Jst look at delta state and bayelsa...

Your admission are not only biased, myopic but are a figment of your imagination. How can you conclude Niger Deltans are greedy set of people, you especially single handed Delta State and Bayelsa. Can you bring up data to back up this claim? Most of you guys on NL are uneducated, uncultured, low in reasoning and argue blindly without data or stats.

The northerners are the greedy ones. They pillage everything they lay their hands on in this country. I have never seen any group of people on earth greedier than the northerners! Check on all the government agencies, parastatals, NGO’s etc are all run by them. Yet, billions of dollars are stolen from government coffers in broad day light!

Please get your facts right and refrain from malicious statements against the ND Deltans. You should channel your grievances towards the northern hegemony who are still 40-50 years backwards in the current system of things. Nonsense
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by meobizy(f): 9:22am On Dec 27, 2022
Chump change. Not up to a slap on the wrist.

The company should clean up the environment. That is a lot better than financial compensation of any sort. There is an invasive fish species from Japan which can survive in any condition. Import those into the habitat and the people will thrive.
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by BigDawsNet: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2022
Oya guys ... drop ur acc
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by tobenuel(m): 9:24am On Dec 27, 2022
Polluter pays principle
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by meobizy(f): 9:25am On Dec 27, 2022
visijo:
Staying off the internet for a day made me realize how strong my phone battery is�
Living a normal life for three days made me realize Nairalanders are lowlifes.

2 Likes

Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by ICEWIN: 9:30am On Dec 27, 2022
visijo:
Staying off the internet for a day made me realize how strong my phone battery is�
Same thing applies to me

1 Like

Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by shedy03(m): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2022
limeta:
Oya make una rush go collect the money
There will still be no clean drinking water .
Make Buhari/APC comot first, otherwise, them go loot am.
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Judolisco(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

Your admission are not only biased, myopic but are a figment of your imagination. How can you conclude Niger Deltans are greedy set of people, you especially single handed Delta State and Bayelsa. Can you bring up data to back up this claim? Most of you guys on NL are uneducated, uncultured, low in reasoning and argue blindly without data or stats.

The northerners are the greedy ones. They pillage everything they lay their hands on in this country. I have never seen any group of people on earth greedier than the northerners! Check on all the government agencies, parastatals, NGO’s etc are all run by them. Yet, billions of dollars are stolen from government coffers in broad day light!

Please get your facts right and refrain from malicious statements against the ND Deltans. You should channel your grievances towards the northern hegemony who are still 40-50 years backwards in the current system of things. Nonsense
OK sir I'm uneducated but you guys are still greedy to yourselves do your worse

Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by blowjohn(m): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2022
visijo:

Where did u get the strength mind to stay off Internet?

That thing hard pass exam o.

The day I misplaced my phone it was as if my money lost

1 Like

Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Judolisco(m): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2022
Hamiltonii:

You're a blind bigot. Is the 'compensation' not an evidence of marginalisation? Leave our resources and its proceeds for us.
yes I'm a bigot... With all d compensation you've been collecting for years how has it reflected on d ordinary Niger-deltan.... They play o

Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by arantess: 9:40am On Dec 27, 2022
Shell had cause lots of harm to host communities
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by SouthSouth1914: 9:45am On Dec 27, 2022
Judolisco:
OK sir I'm uneducated but you guys are still greedy to yourselves do your worse

Greed is relative. The monumental corruption going on in this government by northerners should be your problem and not a measly 15 Million dollars payment to communities in the ND.

These just few pictures of her corrupt practices. The Covid relief plan which was a conduit for extreme corruption is not included and many others. This is just a minister.., not the whole cabinet!

Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Hamiltonii: 9:47am On Dec 27, 2022
Judolisco:
yes I'm a bigot... With all d compensation you've been collecting for years how has it reflected on d ordinary Niger-deltan.... They play o

Who controls the oil wealth of the Niger Delta? Exploiting our resources to develop your territories. Of all the oil wells in the ND, how many are owned by our people? Stop crying over a peanut compensation for your recklessness to our environment as a result of oil production.
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Dayaa: 9:47am On Dec 27, 2022
Imagine what that kind of money can do for the development of the country.
It will remedy the past, present and future.
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by Atticusxsz(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2022
StrongAlphMale:
Massive cash out for those communities

Them don dey take count for one community for Rivers state known as Ebubu (Ejamah) sef which is in Eleme LGA.
The last one dey paid some months back was 5 milli per individual whether you're a toddler or you've got some seconds from making it to the grave.
Re: Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills by teemy(m): 9:57am On Dec 27, 2022
The funny thing about all these court cases where locals get a reprieve is that it's from foreign courts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Intervenes In Dispute Between Samsung Heavy Industries And LADOL / Making More Money Using Awele Soap / Get Your Profitable Small Scale Business Easily Started And Successfully Managed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.