Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Amanyanabo 'The Eagle King': Why We Should Tell More Of Our African Stories - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Amanyanabo 'The Eagle King': Why We Should Tell More Of Our African Stories (310 Views)

Scenes From The Most Anticipated Epic Movie In 2023 Amanyanabo The Eagle King / Nollywood-Military Movie, Eagle Wings Premieres In Lagos / Filmmakers Should Tell Stories That Cast Nigeria In Good Light…don (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amanyanabo 'The Eagle King': Why We Should Tell More Of Our African Stories by Mitsurugi(m): 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
I came across the poster for an upcoming blockbuster movie by Queen Bae Productions titled Amanyanabo 'The Eagle King' directed by Fred Amata. I was told the movie was shot with the highest production values on location in Okrika. If you understand filmmaking it was shot in RED Monstro 8k with Anamorphic Lenses (those lenses are in the region of N22m). The movie features a host of competent actors including Nkem Owoh, Walter Anga, Monalisa Chinda, Patrick Diabuah, Gentle Jack, Uju Okoli, Columbus Irosanga, Soibifaa Dokubo and Sonny McDon W.

The budget is reportedly in the realm of over a million dollars with the teaser to be put out on the 1st of January. I hope they drop it here on Nairaland.

I am already excited having read the book of Dr. Albert S. Abam, Ado the IX, Amanyanabo of Okrika which inspired the movie. The movie borders on the story of Ibanichuka, Ado the VI, the last sovereign King of Okrika.

I have always clamored that we jettison some of these our Oyinbo type movies and tell the stories of our exploits, culture and tradition. The African story is replete with deep seated traditions, intrigue and valour. Our Kings were gallant in battle and ruled over established city states with standing armies and unwritten constitutions. The narrative that we were savages who needed redemption is the greatest perfidy ever known to man and we have a responsibility, now that we have the tools, to erase the lies and establish truth once and for all.

The people of the Niger-Delta for one are a proud race that once traded with the Portuguese as equals before they defied the arrogant colonial invaders. The colonialists' final resort to extending an olive branch is a testament to the fact that it was the only way they could have remained peacefully in Africa. The Arochukwu with their long juju, Ibini Ukpabi held sway of the politics of almost the entire South East region.

I salute the courage of the Producer to make this movie. I also salute the making of movies like Invasion 1897, Amina and Anikulapo and I call for producers to do more. There are still so much to be told.

(1) (Reply)

Ada Aguleri Carnival 2023 / Shanty Town Free DOWNLOAD And Streaming On Youtube / Bloodv4 Blood. Latest Nigerian Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.