Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 12 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 12 (114 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 12 by PastorSomba(m): 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2022
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 12

Romans 4:6-8 (KJV) "Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin."

12. Jesus is the word of God. Whether in the old testament, under the law or in the new testament, believing the word is believing in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Remember the bible says in Revelation 13:8 that Jesus the lamb of God was slain from the foundation of the world. And also the bible says we were in Him before the world began in Ephesians 1:4-5 (KJV) "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will," So every time one hears the word and believes it, the blood of Jesus cleanses him from all unrighteousness and he is immediately made righteous. Every time you hear and believe the word it is an acknowledgement and acceptance that Jesus died for you and is now the Lord and Saviour of your life.

This was how the old testament saints and those in the days of the ministry of Jesus were accounted righteous in advance. Even David in the old testament knew this hence he walked in it and was called a man after God's heart, in other words a man after God's righteousness. Jesus never demanded righteousness from anyone nor the obedience of the law but faith in Him and in His teachings. It was only unbelief in Him or His teachings that hindered people from receiving from Him. Jesus knew that whether old or new testament only faith in the word of God is what makes a man righteous before God to receive anything from Him. Works is what makes men righteous before each other. Faith in Jesus and His blood is the only means of righteousness whether old or new testament. God expected the Jews under the law to obtain righteousness through the Passover blood or the atonement not by observance and keeping of the law. Hence the bible says Romans 10:1-3 (KJV) "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God."

Where there is faith there is righteousness because of the propitiatory work of the blood of Jesus from the foundation of the world. Faith in the word is faith in Jesus and faith in His blood. The faith of uncircumcised Naaman in 2Kings 5:9-14 wiped out all his sins against God and against Israel. Jesus healed the impotent man who was suffering because of his sins in John 5:1-14 without asking him to confess his sins, he only demanded faith from him. In Mark 2:1-12 by the faith of the paralytic man his sins were forgiven and he was healed. This also shows us that where there is faith, there is not only righteousness but healing and health also. When we walk by faith we become righteous and qualified to receive anything from God. When we walk by faith all things are ours because it is based on inheritance.

Unlike the law that was conditional on works. Exodus 15:26 (KJV) And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee." Exodus 23:25-26 (KJV) "And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. 26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil." The only condition in the new testament is faith and love. Faith works by love. God wants us to walk by faith and live by faith all the time because that is the only way we live an acceptable righteous and holy lives unto God. And that is the only condition that guarantees us all the promises and blessings of God. Whatever is not of faith is sin. Whatever is not of faith is unrighteous and unholy no matter how good and holy in the eyes of men. God bless you. John 1:1-3,14; Hebrews 11:1-40; Ephesians 1:7; Romans 1:16-17; 8:29-30; 10:17; 14:23; Galatians 5:6; 2Corinthians 4:18; 5:7; 1Corinthians 3:21; 1John 2:2; Genesis 15:5-6; Mark 6:1-6; 11:23-24; Matthew 17:19-20; 1Samuel 13:14; Exodus 12:11-48; 29:33-37; 30:10-16;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

This Year Think 'possible' (2) / Completing The New Testament In A Year(day19). / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Friday, January 27,2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.