Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km (1112 Views)

How Much Is 1 Liters Honda Transmission Fluid? / Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by demola2100: 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2022
Gurus in the house please help me, I use a 2005 toyota corolla, I use 8 to 9 liters of fuel for a 10km journey, I have done almost everything and the fueling is tearing my pocket considering the present condition of fueling in Nigeria, I have even changed the catalyst...

PLS HELP!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by demola2100: 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2022
Pls help

demola2100:
Gurus in the house please help me, I use a 2005 toyota corolla, I use 8 to 9 liters of fuel for a 10km journey, I have done almost everything and the fueling is tearing my pocket considering the present condition of fueling in Nigeria, I have even changed the catalyst...

PLS HELP!!!!!!
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by nurey(m): 7:54am On Dec 28, 2022
demola2100:

PLS HELP!!!!!!

How did you calculate the mpeg? Also ensure your fuel isn't leaking out
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by buygala(m): 10:18am On Dec 28, 2022
demola2100:

PLS HELP!!!!!!

Ha...

This is definitely a fuel leak.. Fuel tank and rails need to be extensively checked for leaks
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by Dozieson(m): 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
demola2100:
Pls help

Have you scanned ?
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by senator2k9(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2022
Scan, scan scan, if u are in Abuja i can help u carry out a free scan.

Most likely an oxygen sensor or a too rich system.

Just scan
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by demola2100: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
nurey:

How did you calculate the mpeg? Also ensure your fuel isn't leaking out

Thanks for your response, from my house to my place of work is 10km and I have done my calculations I use almost 9 liters of fuel and for the leaks, I don't see any traces on the floor
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by demola2100: 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
Please how do I check as I don't see any traces on the floor

buygala:

Ha...

This is definitely a fuel leak.. Fuel tank and rails need to be extensively checked for leaks
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by demola2100: 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
Thanks so much, i have tried scanning but the quark that did the scan didn't see anything, He only advised to change the airflow which i did but still get the same result, only saves a liter compared to the previous airflow

senator2k9:
Scan, scan scan, if u are in Abuja i can help u carry out a free scan.

Most likely an oxygen sensor or a too rich system.

Just scan
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by Ayoslimzy(m): 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2022
demola2100:

PLS HELP!!!!!!
is your power steering working well?
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by demola2100: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
Yes, perfectly

Ayoslimzy:
is your power steering working well?
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by Joniww(m): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
demola2100:

PLS HELP!!!!!!
sell that car.. I believe you got it like that

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by Fremantle: 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
demola2100:
Please how do I check as I don't see any traces on the floor

Sometimes leaks won't be noticeable when the car is stationed, leaks may occur when the car is working or on the move.
Start your car for a minute and trace your fuel pump lines, from underneath your car seat to the engine bay.
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by demola2100: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
Thanks, will do just that

Fremantle:

Sometimes leaks won't be noticeable when the car is stationed, leaks may occur when the car is working or on the move.
Start your car for a minute and trace your fuel pump lines, from underneath your car seat to the engine bay.
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by Dozieson(m): 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
demola2100:
Thanks so much, i have tried scanning but the quark that did the scan didn't see anything, He only advised to change the airflow which i did but still get the same result, only saves a liter compared to the previous airflow

Is there check engine light on your dash board?
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by demola2100: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
Dozieson:

Is there check engine light on your dash board?

Yes there is
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by psalmson001: 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
demola2100:

PLS HELP!!!!!!

See oga, dont beat your self over this, and dont let kazeems (mechanics) open atm ontop your head.

First of all, know that the petrol being imported into nigeria is not of premium grade. Many stations sells very poor grade fuel that burns very fast. So know this and know peace.

Secondly, if you say you have scanned and there is nothing wrong with your car, then change your driving pattern. If you are a heavy footer that loves to go fast, then reduce it. Best way to maintain a good MPG is to keep eyes on your rev meter. You can start by ensuring you dont go above 2000rpm. Try this and notice the difference. But if you want to go fast & quick, den be ready to pay the price.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by psalmson001: 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
demola2100:

Thanks for your response, from my house to my place of work is 10km and I have done my calculations I use almost 9 liters of fuel and for the leaks, I don't see any traces on the floor

How did you calculate you used 9ltrs? Break it down.
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by Dozieson(m): 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2022
psalmson001:

See oga, dont beat your self over this, and dont let kazeems (mechanics) open atm ontop your head.

First of all, know that the petrol being imported into nigeria is not of premium grade. Many stations sells very poor grade fuel that burns very fast. So know this and know peace.

Secondly, if you say you have scanned and there is nothing wrong with your car, then change your driving pattern. If you are a heavy footer that loves to go fast, then reduce it. Best way to maintain a good MPG is to keep eyes on your rev meter. You can start by ensuring you dont go above 2000rpm. Try this and notice the difference. But if you want to go fast & quick, den be ready to pay the price.

I believe there is code as far as the check engine light is on
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by demola2100: 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
psalmson001:

Thanks so much bro...so grateful

Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by Dozieson(m): 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2022
demola2100:

Yes there is

There should be codes then. Try and get the codes after scanning
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by demola2100: 9:02am On Dec 31, 2022
Going fir another scan today

Thanks

Dozieson:

There should be codes then. Try and get the codes after scanning
Re: Pls Help, I Use 8 Liters Within 10km by Bola4boy(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2022
[quote author=psalmson001 post=119535147]

Is it possible not to exceed 2000rpm sha? My car changes to a higher gear at around 3000rpm o

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Mitsubishi Outlander 2007? / Car Cold Starting Problem, I Need Help / Did You Lose Your Vehicle Recently To Car Snatchers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.