Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,782 members, 7,866,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:44 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 13 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 13 (176 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 13 by PastorSomba(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 13

Romans 4:6-8 (KJV) "Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin."

13. Even though the law was spiritual but it was not of the Spirit hence it could not produce faith and righteousness. Faith and righteousness are of the spirit. Even though the devil and evil spirits are spirits beings and carry out spiritual activities yet all their activities are not of the spirit but the works of the flesh because they are dead spirits. Only living spirits in Christ can carry out true spiritual activities. As believers we are living spirits as a result we have unequivocal authority over all dead spirits just as a living person has authority over a dead person. Also even though by faith Jesus the lamb of God had been slain in the spirit realm from the foundation of the world but because He was coming to fulfill the law He had to come physically and live under the law, subject to the law, sentenced to death and died under the law physically for all to see, feel and touch in the flesh. As evidence to all creation so that on the day of judgement no one has excuse.

Having fulfilled the law the lamb went back to its normal spirit state in heaven as the new man in order to bring and restore the reign of the spirit that Adam lost, so that righteousness can once again begin to reign through faith. Righteousness is a spiritual state not a physical or natural state. Under the law righteousness was physical and natural based on physical observation of the law. But in the new testament righteousness is of the heart and spirit by faith. Jesus fulfillment of the law brought an end to all human activities and actions aimed at trying to please or appease God. As the bible says Romans 10:4 (KJV) For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Faith in Christ is now the only means of pleasing God.

Faith and righteousness comes only by hearing and believing because it is an acknowledgement that God in Christ did all the work, I only heard and believed. All the blessings and promises of God in Christ are all in past tense because God had done all, therefore all I need to do is to hear it and believe it. But the devil, challenges of life and the patience of time will do their best to tell you it is not true. Hence challenges are called the trials of our faith. Faith and righteousness is standing steadfast in the promises and blessings which you have heard and believed despite all the contrary evidence. Faith and righteousness is not trying to do anything physical to appease and please God to fulfill His promises for you. It is only in the hearing of faith and righteousness that our sins are forgiven not in any other actions.

Forgiveness and righteousness only comes by faith, hence we are only required to confess our sins and they are forgiven. Believing what you see, what you feel and what is happening around you is not faith and righteousness. Many believers are trying to do many things physically to get God's attention instead of spending more time hearing the word to increase their faith. It is the one that has more faith that gets God's attention not the one that is very good, nice, gentle, highly gifted, great worker in the vineyard, consistent tither, holy or very committed member of the church, etc. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Whatever is not of faith is sin before God not matter how good in the eyes of men. God bless you. John 3:3-8; Romans 3:19-31; 4:1-25; 5:1-2; 10:1-17; 14:23; 1John 1:7-10; Ephesians 1:6; Galatians 4:4-6; 5:19-21; Revelation 13:8; 1Timothy 3:16; 6:12; 2Corinthians 4:16-18; 5:7; Hebrews 11:6; James 1:2-4;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

End Of Year Prayers For You / All Because Of The Wanton Lust Of A Prostitute? / Perfect Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.