Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate (414 Views)

Obi’s Campaign DG, Osuntokun, Remains ZLP's Senatorial Candidate - INEC / Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate / Labour Party Announces Osuntokun As Obi’s Campaign DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate by yashau(m): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
Akin Osuntokun, the newly-appointed director-general of the Labour Party (LP) presidential campaign council, is listed as the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) senatorial candidate for Ekiti central.

Osuntokun, a former managing director of NAN, was named the director-general of the campaign council on Tuesday.

Doyin Okupe, the former director-general of the campaign organisation, resigned after he was convicted over money laundering charges
The final list of candidates for senatorial candidates for the 23 February 2023 National Assembly election starkly reveals that Osuntokun Olusola Akintola (Akin Osuntokun) is the Zenith Labour Party ( ZPL) candidate for Ekiti State Central Senatorial District,” he wrote.

“There is nothing to show that Akin Osuntokun has withdrawn his candidacy.

“I was therefore flummoxed when Labour Party announced Akin Osuntokun as the Director General of Peter Obi Presidential Campaign Organization to replace Dr. Doyin Okupe.

“What an illegality and bundle of confusion and contradictions coming from the Labour Party that has been pontificating about change in Nigeria.

“I am scandalized by the revisionism of the Labour Party and its Presidential candidate, Peter Obi.

“This blunder yet again by Labour Party and its Presidential candidate is the clearest indication of how confused they are.”
Asked if this was an oversight by the party, Yunusa Tanko, spokesperson of the LP presidential campaign council, told TheCable that Osuntokun will speak on the matter soon.

“I can tell you authoritatively that Akin himself will come and clear the air on that particular matter. He will speak to the press very soon and we will share the press statement,” he said.

Meanwhile, Okoi Obono-Obla, ex-presidential aide, took to Facebook on Wednesday to express his disapproval over the matter.

A look at the list of approved senatorial candidates published by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in September shows that Osuntokun is listed as the ZLP candidate for Ekiti central senatorial district for the 2023 elections.

https://www.thecable.ng/osuntokun-lp-presidential-campaign-dg-listed-as-ekiti-zlp-senatorial-candidate/amp

Re: Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate by yashau(m): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
cry
Re: Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate by Joevics(m): 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
Lol. I thought APC and PDP rejoice when candidates from the NNPP and other parties switch to their party?

Why can't Akin switch from ZLP to LP?

In one hand, you say Labour Party is not on ground. Yet you spend so much time and resources on them.

2 Likes

Re: Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate by fuckJones(f): 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
Akin Osuntokun that won’t win his polling unit in Okemesi Ekiti
Re: Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate by alanto: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
Joevics:
Lol. I thought APC and PDP rejoice when candidates from the NNPP and other parties switch to their party?

Why can't Akin switch from ZLP to LP?

In one hand, you say Labour Party is not on ground. Yet you spend so much time and resources on them.
What the APC and PDP wants is for Osuntokun to switch to LP formally, he's contesting under a party and campaigning for a candidate under another party, what sense does that make? you obidense like to overlook illegality whenever it favors Obi...

If he's so sure Obi is going to win then he should quit ZLP...
Re: Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate by Joevics(m): 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
alanto:

What the APC and PDP wants is for Osuntokun to switch to LP formally, he's contesting under a party and campaigning for a candidate under another party, what sense does that make? you obidense like to overlook illegality whenever it favors Obi...

If he's so sure Obi is going to win then he should quit ZLP...
Had the ZLP complained to you? Have they told you that he hasn't quit the party? The party in question is not complaining. But APDP are crying more than the bereaved.
Re: Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate by alanto: 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
Joevics:

Had the ZLP complained to you? Have they told you that he hasn't quit the party? The party in question is not complaining. But APDP are crying more than the bereaved.
Now tell me with this your 2 face, how do I accept your Obi? A house built on lies can not hold... Everything you guys wished for Nigeria and APC is happening to you right in front of our eyes... You guys were saying APC will break after their primaries but today they are the most united party in the election. Start wishing others well and good will follow you...
Obi would have been a good candidate in the election but you people started his campaign by attacking people, cursing, insulting and even threatening them, that's why everybody is attacking Obi today... You hardly even see PDP and APC members attacking each other but it's everybody against your mediocre Obi
Re: Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate by Finesse247: 10:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
I Have Abandoned My Senatorial Ambition — Peter Obi's New DG Says

He made this Comment in an interview with Seun of Channels TV.

Watch the video
https://twitter.com/JaypeeGeneral/status/1608178423393820672?t=YuQStgx9L8sAzdOmfQ0CBQ&s=19
Re: Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate by Lanretoye(m): 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
See structure of a confused party.

(1) (Reply)

People Chants 'atiku' As Wike Blows Hot At Makinde' Campaign In Ibadan (video) / Rivers State: The PDP Planned And Orchestrated This Attack On The APC Campaign, / The Abuja Roads Trend Is Very Amusing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.