Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,299 members, 7,811,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement (10995 Views)

Anglican Priest, Rev. Ogbuchukwu Lotanna, Resigns, Forms Polygamous Movement / Imam Bashir Takes His New Car To Anglican Priest For Blessings In Kwara / Gay, Jide Macaulay To Be Ordained An Anglican Priest In The Church Of England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Newsmic: 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement

An Anglican priest in Nnewi Diocese, Anambra State, Rev. Makuo Ogbuchukwu Lotanna, has announced his decision to return to the church three months after he resigned, IGBERETV reports.

Lotanna, a lawyer from Mbanagu Otolo Nnewi, had stated in his resignation letter on September 10, 2022, that he received a divine mandate to float a movement in support of polygamy.

He claimed that the movement, which would be called “Gideonites” was aimed at encouraging polygamy, with a vision to reducing the rate of sexual sins in society.

He also said the place of worship would be called “Gideonites Temple", adding that polygamy is not a sin, contrary to what is generally being preached.

According to him, what God hates is divorce of any type, and sleeping with another man’s wife.

He insisted that God desired men to even marry more than one wife, instead of going for someone’s wife or ladies they were not married to.

However, in a letter dated Monday, December 26, 2022 and titled; “To all beloved in Christ and all it may concern: Rescinding from my pro-polygamy movement,” Lotanna pledged full attention to all God had called him to do.

The cleric apologised to those who may have been disappointed in him and deceived or offended by his action.

He urged the over 200 persons that indicated an interest in joining his proposed new church, to disregard his previous comments on the movement. He also promised not to speak or work against the godly doctrines of his Church.

"I wish to inform the general body of Christ and the general public that I have submitted a letter of apology to my Lord Bishop for resigning from being a member of the body of Clergy Association of Diocese of Nnewi (Anglican Communion). What led to my action was my misinterpretation of the revelations I received on a divine movement for SEXUAL PURITY," the letter read.

I have since pledged to give a full and undivided attention to all that God has called me to do as a priest in obedience to the instituted authority of the Church.

I have understood that for any program(s) to achieve sexual purity, it must of necessity be that which should build the CHURCH OF CHRIST and should be accepted by her. And I can not be numbered among those fighting the Church.

Hence; I, REV. OGBUCHUKWU MAKUO LOTANNA (ESQ) hereby withdraw my humble self from propagation of the POLYGAMY movement and plead with everyone (especially the over 200 persons that indicated interest for us to kick-start a Church, which I personally, never did) to jettison all I have said so far on this movement AS I HAVE BACKED OFF AND I AM FULLY BACK TO MY CHURCH and I have promised not to speak or work against the sound and godly doctrines of my Church.

I have also withdrawn and DELETED all the videos and messages I have preached or posted on the subject from all my social media handles and have CLOSED all the channels.

There are other programs for sexual purity the church will appreciate and be at home with, which will also help to build the society at large. I will henceforth be preoccupied with such programs to showcase my GENUINE INTENTIONS.

I thank those who have handled my case with love, prayers and maturity, and apologize to those who may have been disappointed in me, deceived or offended by my action.

I remain your brother and it is my desire that we all continue in the path of holiness and remain "RAPTURABLE" in CHRIST.

Yours in HIS Vineyard,

Rev. Barr. Ogbuchukwu M.L

https://igberetvnews.com/1435216/anambra-anglican-priest-makes-u-turn-rescinds-pro-polygamy-movement/

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Righteousness2(m): 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
Praise GOD! A prodigal son has come back home.
The Merciful and Loving JESUS Christ has HIS hands wide open to receive , Forgive and clean up anyonewho repents and Calls on HIM. As long as you are alive, the Hands of JESUS Christ are wide open to Make you whole again..

Brother, you need to do everything possible to reach out to those you have confused and deceived, so as to ensure their Blood is not on your Hands.

Welcome back Home.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
Newsmic:
An Anglican priest in Nnewi Diocese, Anambra State, Rev. Makuo Ogbuchukwu Lotanna, has announced his decision to return to the church three months after he resigned, IGBERETV reports. Lotanna, a lawyer from Mbanagu Otolo Nnewi, had stated in his resignation letter on September 10, 2022, that he received a divine mandate to float a movement in support of polygamy. He claimed that the movement, which would be called “Gideonites” was aimed at encouraging polygamy, with a vision to reducing the rate of sexual sins in society. He also said the place of worship would be called “Gideonites Temple", adding that polygamy is not a sin, contrary to what is generally being preached.

According to him, what God hates is divorce of any type, and sleeping with another man’s wife.
This dude is nothing but your typical pastors and mogs.... always majoring in the foolish things of this world, and never in that which is in fact of God... yet every step taken in foolishness is branded as being of God. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by AntiChristian: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2022
Polygamy is permitted according to the Bible!

This fake pastor no dey see any revelation! Hin be scam!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by whytediamond(m): 10:25am On Dec 29, 2022
grin
Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by chrisifeanyi: 10:26am On Dec 29, 2022
All these men on cassock are stupid. I don't rate them. Serve God directly and don't look at their life. Don't trust them with your wife or daughter, they like anything on skirt.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Officialgarri: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2022
These are the kind of IPOB boys behind Obi disguising as priests..

He can't even pick a stand ...he said "misinterpretation of divine revelation" . Common sense should tell him polygamy is by capability and/or traditional belief .
It doesn't mean it's wrong or right

1 Like

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Brendaniel: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2022
Nice

1 Like

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by wiseone28: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2022
I support him

1 Like

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Sultty(m): 10:28am On Dec 29, 2022
cheesy
Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by LegitAutos01: 10:28am On Dec 29, 2022
Vote Peter Obi

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Rapuru14: 10:29am On Dec 29, 2022
Is this not our JCCF president that year in UNIZIK?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Mindlog: 10:29am On Dec 29, 2022
Make I laugh. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Rapuru14: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2022
Righteousness2:
The Merciful and Loving JESUS Christ has HIS hands wide open to receive , Forgive and clean up anyonewho repents and Calls on HIM. As long as you are alive, the Hands of JESUS Christ are wide open to Make you whole again..

Brother, you need to do everything possible to reach out to those you have confused and deceived, so as to ensure their Blood is not on your Hands.

Welcome back Home.

Polygamy itself is not a sin, stop deceiving people

1 Like

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Shutupthere: 10:31am On Dec 29, 2022
Go n sin no more

1 Like

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:32am On Dec 29, 2022
Nonsense. He is lucky this is an Anglican church, if catholic, he would have been waved final bye
Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Okhuadams(m): 10:32am On Dec 29, 2022
Newsmic:

https://igberetvnews.com/1435216/anambra-anglican-priest-makes-u-turn-rescinds-pro-polygamy-movement/

You see ur wickedness after many of them might have died without hope of repentance u now know is the devil that deceived you after plantaining many women. Well our God is a merciful God go and sin no more

1 Like

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by ATEAMS: 10:34am On Dec 29, 2022
LoL fear catch m for marriage.. eyes don clear
Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 29, 2022
They must have threatened him , too bad over 200 polygamous people wanted to join his movement, but he was a hypocrite.

This is what happens when you allow hunger force you to do the Lord's work, he definitely wasnt called .

Nothing wrong with polygamy as long as you can afford to look after your women, before the advent of the whiteman's forgotten religion Africa was a polygamous society, (not for everyone) it was a status symbol engaged by men of means. Not for poor men.

We now see the effects of osctracising polygamy in the society, emasculated , frustrated young women with no husbands who now prey on other women's husbands for gratification and sustenance, we now have prostituttes, forget the catchy names they call themselves, their trade is the same.

Atleast some religions practice polygamy, we dont see promiscuity and prostitutionn in those areas like we see in those that practice monogamy.

Love was never meant to be finite, we are designed for connection, you can never meet your emotional, and physical needs with just on partner.

Christianity is the only religion where the practitioners do two different sets of marriage ceremony, funny enough the western inventors of this religion only do 1 wedding.

Why do we copy things that bring no real value to our lives, even with the double wedding , we still see divorce rates, we have an over supply of women who have no one to care for them , even their shepherd (Pastors) are chopping them for free.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Akeem79(m): 10:36am On Dec 29, 2022
Hunger don resets his brain sharply

1 Like

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 29, 2022
Okay

I buy all funds and gift cards at cool rate and physical transaction is allow but it depend on what you are bringing to the table

Ebay gift card || rate 580/$

Amazon gift card || rate 575/$

Sephora gift card || rates 600/$

Apple gift card || rates 580/$

Steam wallet gift card || rates 635/$

One vanilla || rates 560/$

Amex gift card || rates 600/$

Itunes gift card || rates 550/$

Other gift cards can come

zelle funds || rates 600/$

Venmo funds || rates 500/$

Applepay funds || rates 550/$

Pay-Pal funds|| rates 680/$

Chime funds || rates 480/$

Google pay || rates 580/$

Cashapp funds || rates 735/$

Btc ask for rate

Neteller funds || rates 720/$

PM funds || rates 700/$

Rmb || rates 113#

Western Union/ Money Gram || rates it depend

E-Transfer funds || rates 400/$

Whatsapp & call
Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by hotspec(m): 10:45am On Dec 29, 2022
Righteousness2:

Welcome back Home.
Quote a bible verse to support that polygamists will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by funkemary(f): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2022
People that need ground to justify their promiscuity and polygamy lifestyle will be disappointed.
Don't start what you can't finish

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Alexiiydon: 10:51am On Dec 29, 2022
Righteousness2:

Welcome back Home.
western culture go kill you so all our forefathers whey do polygamy na hell dem Dey like this I swear you no get sense
Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Evergreen4(m): 10:57am On Dec 29, 2022
Hunger wan finish am, he had to run back
Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by 4ward4: 11:07am On Dec 29, 2022
A boy is free to dream and make a Wish . But it takes alot more than dreams and wishes to become a man.
As tempting as it is having a lot of pussies legally, can on keep up with its baggages?
Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by TekMum82: 11:07am On Dec 29, 2022
Now we have alternative, anytime Nairaland messes up
neeyor8895: OBidients are taking over everything.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by ComeToJesus: 11:09am On Dec 29, 2022
"He urged the over 200 persons that indicated an interest in joining his proposed new church"

The 200 people no disappoint me at all. You will always get a standing army of supporters of perversion and disruptions of any kind.

People that have been looking for a leeway to formalize their polygamous escapades signed up immediately cheesy grin Them no waste time at all

Men do not joke at all with anything that promotes the erection industry.

May the Lord have mercy on men.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2022
Shut up jare. The whites do dis n dat. Are u a Christian or a traditionalist? Choose one. Is it not the whites dat made 90% of what u use in ur life? Even down to ur education. U for Dey village Dey do palm wine tapper or hunter. Polygamy has nothing to do with Christianity. Jesus Christ came in the New Testament and he said ‘one man, on wifel’. Things dat happened in the Old Testament were just prople’s stories and history. It had nothing to do with Christ or Christianity. Der was no Christianity in the Old Testament. They were just Jews
quentin06:
They must have threatened him , too bad over 200 polygamous people wanted to join his movement, but he was a hypocrite.

This is what happens when you allow hunger force you to do the Lord's work, he definitely wasnt called .

Nothing wrong with polygamy as long as you can afford to look after your women, before the advent of the whiteman's forgotten religion Africa was a polygamous society, (not for everyone) it was a status symbol engaged by men of means. Not for poor men.

We now see the effects of osctracising polygamy in the society, emasculated , frustrated young women with no husbands who now prey on other women's husbands for gratification and sustenance, we now have prostituttes, forget the catchy names they call themselves, their trade is the same.

Atleast some religions practice polygamy, we dont see promiscuity and prostitutionn in those areas like we see in those that practice monogamy.

Love was never meant to be finite, we are designed for connection, you can never meet your emotional, and physical needs with just on partner.

Christianity is the only religion where the practitioners do two different sets of marriage ceremony, funny enough the western inventors of this religion only do 1 wedding.

Why do we copy things that bring no real value to our lives, even with the double wedding , we still see divorce rates, we have an over supply of women who have no one to care for them , even their shepherd (Pastors) are chopping them for free.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Fasting Really Starts By 12am? / The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. / Enough Is Enough It Is Time To Engage Your Angels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.