Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun (14030 Views)

Obi’s Campaign DG, Osuntokun, Remains ZLP's Senatorial Candidate - INEC / Bayelsa Senatorial Race: Supporters Clamour For Lyon, Dickson / Bukola Saraki Accepts Defeat In Contentious Kwara Central Senatorial Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Kwanza: 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Akin Osuntokun, director-general of the Labour Party (LP) presidential campaign council, says he has “abandoned” his ambition to contest for senate in the 2023 elections.

He spoke on Wednesday in an interview on Politics Today, a programme on Channels Television.

Osuntokun, who was announced as the LP campaign DG on Tuesday, is also listed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the candidate of the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) for Ekiti central senatorial district.

Speaking on the development, the former managing director of NAN, said his position as the LP campaign DG is a “higher calling” compared to running for senate.

When asked if he had dropped his senatorial ambition, he said: “I have abandoned it.”

“The campaign office has issued a press release in that respect. What law have I breached in accepting the appointment? What law has the presidential candidate who appointed me beached in appointing me? I can’t help anybody who wants to pursue notoriety as a way of life,” he added.

“The man who is doing this is supposedly the national publicity secretary of the Labour Party. Ask him: why would a national publicity secretary of a party do that to his own party?

"So, it’s a redundant question at any rate. It’s of no consequence at all, whether legally, constitutionally — very frivolous. There is no moral burden at all.

“It’s a higher order of priority. Joining the Obi campaign is a higher national priority than any other aspiration. As a citizen of this country, who has a realistic appreciation of what we need to move Nigeria forward, you can’t compare an aspiration to be in the senate to the position that I have occupied.

“All these kinds of platitudes are unnecessary. In Nigeria today, there is no way I can define my political and moral priorities better than the path I have followed.

I have no moral burden. I am stepping to a higher sacrificial position. I don’t need to publicly declare it. [Ekiti ZLP senatorial candidacy] is a redundant position. I have the perfect freedom to decide what to do at any minute, so long as I have not breached any legal position. The step I am taking is of greater moral consequence for Nigeria.”

https://www.thecable.ng/osuntokun-ive-abandoned-senatorial-race-lp-campaign-dg-a-higher-calling/amp

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Moh247: 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
cool

Easy cashout

Someone whose name is already on INEC server and his Party Logo ZLP on ballot paper for Ekiti Senatorial district

Obi is just catching cruise with Zombidiots

First DG Okupe had a corruption case ongoing while Obi picked him

Now the second DG is a card carrying member of another Party and a recognized Aspirant

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Roboto11: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
Going where the money is.

Why spend your money on a campaign when you can accrue from another?

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Afamed: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
Make him collect him own share from the zombiedent before day go break afterall the Mushroom party has an expiring date

41 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Nwaetche(m): 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
You are a Yoruba and you do not know Bashorun Osuntokun pedigree. He is a Political strategist, an erudite scholar and a son of a former Minister.

He was a DG of a campaign that actually won a presidential election and a former political adviser to a President in the likes of Governor Chibuike Amaechi.

He is by far the most qualified DG in this election cycle.

professor
Roboto11:

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Afamed: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nwaetche:
You are a Yoruba and you do not know Bashorun Osuntokun pedigree. He is a Political strategist, an erudite scholar and a son of a former Minister.

He was a DG of a campaign that actually won a presidential election and a former political adviser to a President in the likes of Governor Chibuike Amaechi.

He is by far the most qualified DG in this election cycle.

professor

DG without any electoral value una like to dey deceive una sef too much

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Kingsmeal: 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
Moh247:
Easy cashout

You go wail tire.

This one really shock una.

The agenda una don write down don cast. I feel your pain

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Kingsmeal: 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
Roboto11:

Tears!!!

LP 1 APC Urchins 0

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Kingsmeal: 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
Afamed:

DG without any electoral value una like to dey deceive una sef too much

Leave am for us like that.

Go and Campaign for your Candidate with FBI, CIA, US Marine, DSS. Nawa o

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by JOemmy(m): 9:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
Is anyone challenging his new appointment in court?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by FreeStuffsNG: 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
His name will be on the ballot paper same day he will be contesting against labour party in same election for senate. smh.

This is a mockery of our democratic exercise and INEC should not feature his name at all on the ballot.

This man has been out of public view for years and only a mediocre mushroom party will go for such political featherweight for such role.

Even lp itself is non existent in lp.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by malali: 8:00am On Dec 29, 2022
Higher Calling sounds like an Obituary poster.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by RichDad1(m): 8:00am On Dec 29, 2022
All these sojourners grin grin
Just like his principal, these clown move from PDP to ZLP to LP within the space of 6 months. Talk about inconsistency and zero ideologies.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:00am On Dec 29, 2022
Tinubu should be sanctioned for establishing an criminal entity called One Million Boys in Mushin

6 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by dominique(f): 8:01am On Dec 29, 2022
Can't you do both though? Is it against the rules for one to be in a campaign team while running for office?

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Slurity(m): 8:01am On Dec 29, 2022
SMART GUY, EAT THE MONEY AND GO BACK BIGGER FOR YOUR SENATORIAL CALLING NEXT TIME.

7 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Killerbag36: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2022
F
Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by SoftP(m): 8:01am On Dec 29, 2022
Q
Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by blamingthedevil: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2022
Higher calling of egunje ... anywhere belle face

15 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Cantonese: 8:02am On Dec 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
His name will be on the ballot paper same day he will be contesting against labour party in same election for senate. smh.

This is a mockery of our democratic exercise and INEC should not feature his name at all on the ballot.

This man has been out of public view for years and only a mediocre mushroom party will go for such political featherweight for such role.

Even lp itself is non existent in lp.

What do you kuku know?
Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by ecolime(m): 8:03am On Dec 29, 2022
This is what they call "Follow who know road"

6 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Cantonese: 8:03am On Dec 29, 2022
How are these APC and PDP people so worried? LP has no structure, yet those who have structures are sleepless.

Even Tinubu finally conceded that Obi is a real threat to his ambition.

For me Obi is not just a threat, he is truly the best candidate for the position. Nigeria needs leaders with integrity. Nigeria does not need established bribe-your-way-through leaders. We do not need leaders who use money to influence votes. We do not need leaders who have weaponised poverty. We need leaders who are accessible. We need leaders who are accountable to us.

Take back Nigeria is a mantra that is so important to us a Nigerians. What does it mean? It means that Nigerians have to, through their PVCs, take back the country from the hands of looters, thieves and crooked leaders. We need to get the control of our country back from evil men and women who think the country belongs to them, their families and cronies alone. We must take back our country and ensure that we make it work like other great nations. We cannot be called the giant of Africa, yet bandits, herdsmen and terrorists in every form, overrun our country, while our military and security agencies are strategically rendered impotent by the people in charge. That’s what Obi is all about.

A vote for Obi is a vote for a better tomorrow for us all.

6 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by tfelicityk(m): 8:03am On Dec 29, 2022
Let him go and cash out...
He will used the cash out to contest his senatorial ambition...

6 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by CaptainAyub: 8:04am On Dec 29, 2022
Peter Obi effect

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:04am On Dec 29, 2022
s

3 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by CaptainAyub: 8:04am On Dec 29, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Higher calling of egunje ... anywhere belle face
Monsurudeen,I command you to rest in Jesus Mighty name.Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by opalu: 8:04am On Dec 29, 2022
Good

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Blaze14k: 8:04am On Dec 29, 2022
Wait o this man na yoruba.. wait o we need to settle this like for obi or share for tinubu

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Abandoned Senatorial Race For Peter Obi's Campaign - Campaign DG Osuntokun by Axis313(m): 8:05am On Dec 29, 2022
grin
Lol
As if he is going to win the senatorial seat under the Labourers.He should continue deceiving himself and making himself important to his fellow Labourers.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lucky Aiyedatiwa Emerges Winner Of Ondo APC Guber Primary Election / Johnbosco Onunkwo Donates Fire Extinguishers To Ochanja Market / Senator Shuaibu Isa Lau Is New Senate Deputy Minority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.