Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) (12873 Views)

Estate Residents Woke Up To See Bowls Of Sacrifices In Lekki Lagos: Pics & Video / Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation / Masquerade Falls Into A Drainage While Walking On The Road (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) by naijapikin2(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2022
This reminds me of when we were children, we went to the village and the masquerade was flogging little children. It came close to me and my younger brother because we couldn't run fast enough, the masquerade just stand look us and bypassed us and went away. That's when I knew that masquerade sef no people. The masquerade knew were there for holidays and knowing my father was a retired army captain the thing just couple himself. grin

1 Like

Re: 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) by brain54(m): 10:42am On Dec 29, 2022
Re: 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) by brain54(m): 10:44am On Dec 29, 2022
ArcSEMPECJ:
If we talk of abolishing some traditions especially this masquerade cases of even rape etc, some people will begin to talk......

Just look at that girl, is she enjoying the tradition or suffering from it?

Let's embrace Christ please........
I don’t think abandoning our traditions/cultures is the best…

I think modifying is a better option!

Even the Chinese still practice some of such festivals till date…

It can even be an avenue for generating revenue through tourism!

1 Like

Re: 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:48am On Dec 29, 2022
undecided

If no be say people follow am

I go beat madness commot for that masquerade body
Re: 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) by Mattwillz: 11:13am On Dec 29, 2022
ecolime:
She caught the Omah Lay's 'soso' Poto Poto masquerade virus.
the guy sabi shoot rubbish video!
Re: 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) by chapwiz(m): 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
Psalmspsalms:
BONNY ISLAND is over hyped. A very local place and the worst of it is how expensive the place is. Pls if u are not currently staying in bonny, dont argue with me. The only good thing there is the presence of NLNG and Shell plants. The people are kind of friendly but their thoughts is a bit low maybe because its very expensive to move out of the island to other places. The light there is one of the best things. 24/7
I came back to my state to spend the xmas and all through my stay there during my service year and about 6months later, I slept just for one night without electricity.
Visit the island and u will enjoy its riches. I love bonny island
Bros, withdrawn your statement about Bonny Island. Bonny is a good place to stay things are expensive there because of there is no fault of the Bonny rather it is the transportation of the goods.
A lot of people have make it big in Bonny especially non indigenes.
I personally am not an indigen but Bonny have been good to me
As far as I am concerned it it the best Island in this country.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) by Psalmspsalms: 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
chapwiz:
Bros, withdrawn your statement about Bonny Island. Bonny is a good place to stay things are expensive there because of there is no fault of the Bonny rather it is the transportation of the goods.
A lot of people have make it big in Bonny especially non indigenes.
I personally am not an indigen but Bonny have been good to me
As far as I am concerned it it the best Island in this country.
Roger that sir.

Are u still on the island?

1 Like

Re: 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) by Owologbo(m): 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
Coldie:
If not for those people around that masquerade, somebody like me for beat craze commot from the masquerade head for backyard

I don't know about this masquerade, but the ones I know (from Isoko) have what is called idudu (fear).
They no need to run before fear go enter you.
Re: 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) by Coldie(m): 7:30am On Dec 30, 2022
HydraFeeds:
As some people Dey celebrate Christmas,make some people Dey celebrate masquerade.
Father Christmas na masquerade abi u no know? Abi them no dae wear costume?
Re: 2022 Okwemma Masquerade Display Of Bonny Island (Pics,Video) by chapwiz(m): 11:32am On Mar 11, 2023
Psalmspsalms:

Roger that sir.

Are u still on the island?
Yes I'm still on the Island.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Complete List Of Nigerian States, Lga And Towns / Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija / Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.