Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,927 members, 7,866,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:10 PM

Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori Mourn Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Obiozor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori Mourn Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Obiozor (337 Views)

Sanwo-olu, Ibori Mourn Demola Seriki, Nigeria's Ambassador To Spain / Obasanjo, Atiku, Gowon, Saraki, Dogara, Abdulsalami At Jonathan’s Book Launch / 'My Transition Hours': Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori Mourn Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Obiozor by bennybuhari: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2022
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described as a huge loss, the death of George Obiozor, the President-General of apex Igbo socio-political organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

Obasanjo described the late Obiozor as a firm believer in democracy and justice as vital instruments in nation-building.

Obasanjo’s Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Akinyemi stated this in a statement on Thursday.

Obasanjo, Nigeria’s former President (1999-2007) and the African Union (AU) High Representative to the Horn of Africa who is currently in Ethiopia said “The good work he did while he served as Nigerian Ambassador to Israel and the United States of America was a fitting complement to my administration’s painstaking efforts to re-make the international profile of our dear country".

“Indeed, for the enviable and sensitive positions he occupied both at home and abroad, and the developmental roles he played while in active service, Ambassador Obiozor would be fondly and proudly remembered as a foremost multilateralist, an erudite scholar, a passionate nationalist, and a diplomatic legend of international repute. He was an icon and a true Nigerian.”

Also, Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party and former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar also mourn the death of President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Professor George Obiozor.

The PDP presidential flag-bearer in a press statement personally signed by him on Thursday morning said that he received the news of Professor Obiozor’s death with rude shock.

Atiku noted that the late former Nigerian ambassador to several foreign missions is a huge loss for the country.

According to the press release, Atiku remarks that, “Prof Obiozor was a charismatic personality. He was much at home in any part of Nigeria.

“He was a consummate diplomat who believed in consensus, and had a stabilizing influence.

“His wide experience in diplomatic foreign missions garnered over decades and across diverse postings came in very handy in making him a pan-Nigerian.

“Professor Obiozor taught us the essence of large-heartedness because he was generally accepted by even those who were not in support of his candidacy during the election that saw his emergence as President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

“He was a master of political consensus. A writer famous for his ‘politics of precarious balancing’ in which he espoused balancing the diverse interests in the country.

He was a promoter of the unity of the nation. Igbo nation will miss him. The whole nation will miss him.”

Atiku shares his condolences with the entire body of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the South-East part of the country and the country as a whole over the fall of an Iroko.”

He prays for a peaceful repose of his soul and his immediate family to have the fortitude to bear the loss of its patriarch.

In a similar vein, former Delta State governor, Chief James Onanefe Ibori said the passage of Obiozor marked the end of an era.

In a tweet on his official Twitter handle, Ibori described the late Ohanaeze leader as a man who loved Nigeria dearly and gave his all until he breathed his last.

He wrote "The passing of Nigeria's former Ambassador to the United States and President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Prof. George Obiozor CON, marks the end of an era.
Prof. Obiozor was a diplomat of great repute, a distinguished stateman and a patriot".

"He loved Nigeria dearly and gave it his all until his final moments. As a firm believer in the unity of Nigeria, he championed the promotion of equity, fairness, equal representation, and peaceful coexistence amongst every ethnic nationality".

"My family and I extend our deepest condolences to his immediate family as our prayers are with them at this difficult time.
May his gentle soul rest in God's bosom, Amen".

https://independent.ng/obasanjo-atiku-ibori-mourn-ohanaeze-ndigbo-president-obiozor/

Re: Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori Mourn Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Obiozor by Illuminatiship(m): 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2022
When are we mourning tinubu and people that will insult me on this comment?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori Mourn Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Obiozor by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
hmmmm...

Leader kwa? I'm not aware. .

can he stop sit at home,if not...gbagbe joor
Re: Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori Mourn Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Obiozor by hisexcellency34: 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
May God forgive u of your trespasses
OyeofIkoTuN:
hmmmm...

Leader kwa? I'm not aware. .

can he stop sit at home,if not...gbagbe joor

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori Mourn Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Obiozor by hisexcellency34: 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
Be careful what you wish Tinubu. Im head strong
Illuminatiship:
When are we mourning tinubu and people that will insult me on this comment?
Re: Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori Mourn Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Obiozor by Lalar27: 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
I can see obasanjo is trying very hard to make sure TINUBU won’t become President next year lol
What is his business with a Biafra man that die that you are now mourning
All his plan will fail TINUBU will be president next year whether he likes it or not
Re: Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori Mourn Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Obiozor by 1nice(m): 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
The Igbo youths, Igbo Groups, and Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide are surprised by the sudden death of the leader of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the sudden death of the only brother of National woman leader of ohanaeze ndigbo worldwide Rita Daniels chukwuji: most Igbos believe this was assassinations carried out by hitman.

Various Igbo Groups have begin their investigations to determine whether this killings were politically motivated or not.

Some Igbos are pointing fingers at Arewa consultative forum and afenifere: this Igbos believe that Arewa consultative forum and afenifere are doing this because they do not want an Igbo person to be the next president of Nigeria 2023.

The Igbos will not reacts to those pushing the Igbo people to the wall, until various Igbo Groups have concluded their investigations before the next line of actions will be taken.
Re: Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori Mourn Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Obiozor by hisexcellency34: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
Assassinated an 80 year old man?
1nice:
The Igbo youths, Igbo Groups, and Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide are surprised by the sudden death of the leader of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the sudden death of the only brother of National woman leader of ohanaeze ndigbo worldwide Rita Daniels chukwuji: most Igbos believe this was assassinations carried out by hitman.

Various Igbo Groups have begin their investigations to determine whether this killings were politically motivated or not.

Some Igbos are pointing fingers at Arewa consultative forum and afenifere: this Igbos believe that Arewa consultative forum and afenifere are doing this because they do not want an Igbo person to be the next president of Nigeria 2023.

The Igbos will not reacts to those pushing the Igbo people to the wall, until various Igbo Groups have concluded their investigations before the next line of actions will be taken.
Re: Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori Mourn Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Obiozor by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:56am On Dec 30, 2022
hisexcellency34:
May God forgive u of your trespasses

Leave me alone

(1) (Reply)

One Difficult Task To Do Before We Can Stop This Old Fools Ruling Us / Realistically, What Will Be The Makeup Of The Na And Senate After The Elections? / How UBA Security Men Mocked And Laughed At My Husband Over His Stolen Motorcycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.