Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder (25165 Views)

800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge / Femi Gbajabiamila Inspects Isolation Centre Donated By Sahara, Thisday And CCECC / CCECC Celebrates Completion Of Track Laying On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by tunapawizzy: 3:14am On Dec 30, 2022
ednut1:
How much is Lagos contributing since they have been bragging about 50b IGR. How much will the toll be
IGR is for bourdillon....4th mainland bridge will paid for with toll
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Doyou2019: 3:24am On Dec 30, 2022
Jessyjeff:
Let's see what the Chinese will build in comparison to 3rd Mainland bridge built by Bilfinger Berger ( AKA Julius Berger).

How much will the new bridge cost Lagos tax payers?

You will be waiting till the cows come home to get an answer to that question. LASG hates financial accountability.

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Doyou2019: 3:26am On Dec 30, 2022
Jessyjeff:
Let's see what the Chinese will build in comparison to 3rd Mainland bridge built by Bilfinger Berger ( AKA Julius Berger).

You will be waiting till the cows come home to get an answer to that question. LASG hates financial accountability and transparency.

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Atlantis585: 4:37am On Dec 30, 2022
post=119530970:
Good development.
Congratulations to Lagosians.
#SanwoAgain

God bless Lagos State for this vital info.

Nice development.

From all of us @[/b] :
GOD BLESS SANWO-OLU.

Lagos State : A country within a country.

The State of many Firsts.

[b]God bless Lagos State.

God bless Nigeria.

We Rise.

Gbamsolutely!!!

Another Gbamsolutely!!!

Why you no follow praise the agbado master, Emi Lokan Thieffnubu join?

You don follow drop the crooked drug dealer like some of your fellow urchins?

grin gringrin

E no good ooo!
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Atlantis585: 4:43am On Dec 30, 2022
canalily:
If third mainland bridge is not helpful what is the need for fourth one, if third mainland bridge is serviceable what is the need for the fourth one?

You must be living in one small village in one of those Northern IDP camps to be in favour of using just 3rd Mainland Bridge.

Do you know how much time those of us living in Banana Island mansions spend in traffic because of inadequate infrastructure?
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by canalily(m): 6:06am On Dec 30, 2022
Atlantis585:

You must be living in one small village in one of those Northern IDP camps to be in favour of using just 3rd Mainland Bridge.

Do you know how much time those of us living in Banana Island mansions spend in traffic because of inadequate infrastructure?
eko noi bajeeee
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by canalily(m): 6:10am On Dec 30, 2022
Atlantis585:

why not leave banana island and go to plantain island or better still sugarcane head land if you are tired of eating banana in that island
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by canalily(m): 6:13am On Dec 30, 2022
Wickedfacts:

Wawa osu pig, na your papa get Nairaland?
Haba...you should have told me you don't have waw soup to bathe and wash your dirty linings? Sorry send ur details now since na you get nairaland...shrew like you
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by everythinggirly(f): 6:13am On Dec 30, 2022
But Lagos go well sha.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Femi316: 7:10am On Dec 30, 2022
They are still the best julius berger
FuckSilly:
Julius Berger belongs to the generation of old foolish corrupt rogues.
They ALWAYS present inflated budgets and gives kickbacks to government officials...

Reminds me of GanDÔLLAR...
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Simeonjoe1: 7:22am On Dec 30, 2022
makavalley:
Julius Berger is now becoming a thing of the past... CCECCcoming through

As in.. The good thing about ccecc they built mostly with their own money! They are cheaper, They also built to high quality almost up to JB standards (though JB still remain the boss).
Also engage in multiple engineering feat like road, rail, power. Has JB ever engaged in rail construction?

Why can't Nigeria establish their own construction company like the Chinese? Ccecc is a Chinese government and private expert joint ventures, they are responsible for transforming China into a first world country.

why can't our government recruit our engineering experts, higher foreigners too form a joint venture and engage aggressively in massive Nigeria as infrastructure. Build a national highway Linking all states, a rail connection to all geo political zone, strategic dams and bridges, agricultural storage and processing zones, power infrastructure, mining and mineral industries (we have iron ore, bitumen, aluminum deposits, coal), free trade zone, thousands of low costs housing.

This is what transform China to what it is today, I thought we had dantala and sawoe, what to them?
If government want to borrow massively from cbn or print cash from thin air, then this is what they should be spending on, an indigenous Nigeria construction conglomerate that you pay in naira not dollar, using your local currency to your advantage while preserving forex. We have the cheap abundant manpower in their millions.

Nigeria already missed this since 1970s, they have nice ideals with the ajaokuta steel mine(think of skyscrapers in Lagos, ph, onitcha, ibadan, kano) indigenous cement factories and bitumen plants, which could have easily provided materials for a massive Nigeria infrastructural drive. We should have been the Singapore and Chinese of Africa.
We should have been better than most of Europe.
But political instability kills them all, till now we are still not wise.

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Peppysco: 7:22am On Dec 30, 2022
Brendaniel:

What if I tell you I'm from Lagos state

What if I told you I'm white?
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Simeonjoe1: 7:29am On Dec 30, 2022
HydraFeeds:
Where is our Nigerian Engineers?
As in wrote something like this up there (previous post)
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Simeonjoe1: 7:32am On Dec 30, 2022
pocom35:

Lol...not really..

The project as Chinese financers..hence the importance of giving it to a Chinese firms if Lagos is to receive the funds...same way they awared our electricity revamp to Siemens because Germany is gonna lend us money for it..
And CCECC handling all the rail projects simply because it loans comes from china ..it a policy....

If I borrow you money for infrastructure my country people must pertake in it .

Still Julius berger remains the best in Nigeria. No caps

True but you see that ccecc, their project are top notch also.
If Nigeria has anything relatively close, we should be a first world countryside by now.

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by barcaboi(m): 7:37am On Dec 30, 2022
Jessyjeff:

It’ll be solid; and no matter how much it cost it’ll reduce traffic a lot opening ikorodu and others to ajah without using 3MB
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Brendaniel: 7:37am On Dec 30, 2022
Peppysco:

What if I told you I'm white?

Your problem, but don't assume for me...
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Simeonjoe1: 7:37am On Dec 30, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

When you talking about quality, China don’t come close!

Pick out the best of China construction and let me show you what Berger can do.

They are not comparable if quality should be put on the table!

See talk. grin do you know what ccecc is. Its among the biggest construction conglomerate in the world, anything about infrastructure (rail, bridge, skyscrapers, roads, power, industries,). They have decades of experience on this. And have constructed hundreds of thousands of infrastructure in China and all over the world.
In times of project completed JB didn't come close.
In times of quality they are both on par, though I'll say in Nigeria JB might be slightly above them, note slightly.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Simeonjoe1: 7:50am On Dec 30, 2022
ponziponzi:

Berger and CCECC? They are not even on the same level, not even close. The media is making people really ignorant. China has one best construction companies in the world.

CCECC built the stadium that was used for the FIFA World Cup 2022 final in Qatar

You dey mind am.
The only ccecc jb can rival is ccecc Nigeria limited. But you see main ccecc, jb can't reach 1/10th of their achievement and standards.
A company that single handedly turned China into a first world country. A company worth the entire GDP of Europe grin. The entire US infrastructure companies self no come close, you come they mention JB, JB nkor na JK Rowling.
Top ten construction companies
1 ccecc
2.ccecc subsidiary : ccecc rail company
3 ccecc power
4. Others

... JB
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Simeonjoe1: 7:55am On Dec 30, 2022
ponziponzi:

If taking about construction in world, Berger is nothing. Nobody even knows them.

Na only Nigeria berger getting mouth, even ccecc may just join (early 2000) don dey get mouth pass them, in next ten years dey go rival all jb project from the 1970s till date.

What people don't know is if our leaders have been innovative and partnered with ccecc since its inception in the 80s Nigeria would 100× better off than what JB has given us.
Though big credit to JB! They are also up there in terms of quality project delivery and scope. Without them we might not be where we are today.

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Simeonjoe1: 7:57am On Dec 30, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Everyone knows China boycotts quality and standards at reduced price, and it applies to everything China makes!

It will only be attractive and cheap, it will never be close to the original

You don go China before?
Until you leave the shore of Nigeria no dey yarn okoto

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Peppysco: 8:11am On Dec 30, 2022
Brendaniel:

Your problem, but don't assume for me...

Got nothing to say to you but quit being a cynist.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Brendaniel: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2022
Peppysco:

Got nothing to say to you but quit being a cynist.

Still your problem
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by makavalley(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2022
visaclick:
no over design was their major problem. Well I won't call it a problem because they construct to code and use a higher factors of safety thus making them the best I'm delivery quality build but that drives up their cost that even the governors won't know what to take out of the already lumped bill but the Chinese could achieve a 34km with 18m dollars because quality isn't really at the top priority though they still get the job done but it's more of a 3nd grade quality compared to JB

See how detailed you explained this ... lol so they couldn't deal with JB... build but that drives up their cost that even the governors won't know what to take out of the already lumped bill grin > grin I like when people drop salient points

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Benwallt(m): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2022
Brendaniel:

lies
name any
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by pocom35: 11:17am On Dec 30, 2022
ponziponzi:

If taking about construction in world, Berger is nothing. Nobody even knows them.
Read what you quoted..
I said they are the best in Nigeria not in the world
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Greenfusion: 11:21am On Dec 30, 2022
ryloy:
Welcome to Tinubu's Lagos

If I no vote for APC, make I bend

God Bless Gov Sanwo-Olu
God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu
God President Buhari
God Bless Lagos State
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Nor be only tinubu lagos, they started talking about 4th mainland bridge since about 2004 /2005, tinubu was still i power then, y haven't they done it since then (that's about 17years of talking ....imagine Ibb govt did not build bridges in lagos i just wonder how it would have been.......
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Karlifate: 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

As in.. The good thing about ccecc they built mostly with their own money! They are cheaper, They also built to high quality almost up to JB standards (though JB still remain the boss).
Also engage in multiple engineering feat like road, rail, power. Has JB ever engaged in rail construction?

Why can't Nigeria establish their own construction company like the Chinese? Ccecc is a Chinese government and private expert joint ventures, they are responsible for transforming China into a first world country.

why can't our government recruit our engineering experts, higher foreigners too form a joint venture and engage aggressively in massive Nigeria as infrastructure. Build a national highway Linking all states, a rail connection to all geo political zone, strategic dams and bridges, agricultural storage and processing zones, power infrastructure, mining and mineral industries (we have iron ore, bitumen, aluminum deposits, coal), free trade zone, thousands of low costs housing.

This is what transform China to what it is today, I thought we had dantala and sawoe, what to them?
If government want to borrow massively from cbn or print cash from thin air, then this is what they should be spending on, an indigenous Nigeria construction conglomerate that you pay in naira not dollar, using your local currency to your advantage while preserving forex. We have the cheap abundant manpower in their millions.

Nigeria already missed this since 1970s, they have nice ideals with the ajaokuta steel mine(think of skyscrapers in Lagos, ph, onitcha, ibadan, kano) indigenous cement factories and bitumen plants, which could have easily provided materials for a massive Nigeria infrastructural drive. We should have been the Singapore and Chinese of Africa.
We should have been better than most of Europe.
But political instability kills them all, till now we are still not wise.

Even if Naija establish its own construction company, the lack of maintenance culture will run it down ASAP.

The earlier establishment are not maintained, the new ones will also suffer the same fate.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Komu1048(m): 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
HydraFeeds:
Where is our Nigerian Engineers?

R u joking or something, give bridge of this magnitude to a Nigerian company?
I fear who no fear u
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by tollyboy5(m): 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
gulfer:
Another 20-year project like the light rail if politicized.....and hope it's not all for the Chinese loan undecided undecided undecided undecided
You can't compare what Lagos was generating then vs now. And besides pdp at the fedral level made things difficult.
Now it's different.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by gulfer: 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2022
tollyboy5:

You can't compare what Lagos was generating then vs now. And besides pdp at the fedral level made things difficult.
Now it's different.
Nice inferefnce, we wait and see cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder by Konquest: 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
ryloy:
LASG SELECTS CCECC-CRCCIG CONSORTIUM AS PREFERRED BIDDER FOR FOURTH MAINLAND BRIDGE PROJECT

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1608539443379556358?t=NensXsrrCX3cOTKRLkrr4g&s=19
Truly impressive... Eko o ni baje.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Oil Derivation Fund Is Shared - Statisense / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Honoured At The August Meeting In Imo. PICS / Atiku's Us Visa Ban Still In Place, Given A Waiver For January Visit -bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.