Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele (385 Views)

Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi: 4 Lessons Nigeria's 2023 Elections Taught Me - Reno / Domkat Bali Dies At 80. Buhari, Atiku Mourn / Pictures Of Buhari, Atiku And Ortom Crying For Nigeria. #Weeping Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by chokekachy: 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari said the world will never forget the legendary footballer Pele, who died on Thursday, aged 82.

Buhari made the remark as he joined world leaders in expressing grief over the death of the Brazilian soccer legend, Edson Arantes do Nascimento, better known as Pele.

The world’s greatest ever football player succumbed to death after suffering a debilitating bout of cancer.

He won three World Cups and scored over 1,281 goals, becoming the original football icon in a long career for which he was named the “Player of the Century” in the year 2000.

In a tribute to the football legend on behalf of all Nigerians, President Buhari said, “May he rest in peace. He led a good life and made a huge contribution to the development of global football in particular and world sport in general.

“He had an enormous generosity of spirit and humility despite his greatness as a footballer and sportsman.

“He also built bridges across nations, races and even religions. He was a UN Ambassador of goodwill. Pele is gone but the world will never forget him. RIP. “

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/12/29/world-will-never-forget-pele-says-buhari/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Pelè is a legend not only to the lovers of the beautiful game but to all of humanity. He lived a life of impact both on and off the field. He was humble and generous to a fault. He will be sorely missed. May his soul rest in peace. -AA

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0pLHjPLSxgNHQNVLBpoDgtuCA9gwnUMZDp3eTvTYUVodnH4pMvzLuqmN4zCgaFo1Tl&id=100044152610571&mibextid=Nif5oz

Nlfpmod Mynd44
Re: The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by God1000(m): 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
Sure, the world will surely miss heroes and legends.

But the question here is, will the world ever miss or mourn any naija politician?

Rest in peace legend, I'm so sorry I didn't celebrate you when you were still alive.
Re: The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by NwaNimo1(m): 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2022
Re: The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by DispatcherLagos: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
Confused thing. Hundreds die under his watch daily, but it's Pele's death wey pain him pass

1 Like

Re: The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by HeartlessMan: 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
Buhari was busy killing innocent Nigerians when Pele came to play in Nigeria.

50 years later, Pele has fulfilled his destiny and gone to meet his maker while Buhari is still busy killing innocent Nigerians.

Re: The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by ElSudani: 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2022
Peter Obi will probably put his campaign on hold and go to Brazil to personally deliver his condolences. Anywhere two or three people are gathered, no matter the reason trust Peter Obi to show up.
I don't blame him though, the Labour party is broke, any publicity is a good opportunity to remind people that he is still running.
Re: The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by ican2020: 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
Rip to the real goat that won 3 world cups without help from FIFA
Re: The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by Adamu0630: 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
The Unifier for a great Nigeria
Atiku is the Best 2023

Re: The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by Ogamysamo: 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
he led a good life and made a huge contribution to the development of global football in particular and world sport in general.

i am still reading this part, it really catch my attention. let me read until i get something to comment about it cause i can't believe it is really buhari that mourn this mourn... like what happen to the development of our dear naira?
Re: The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by Ogamysamo: 11:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
ElSudani:
Peter Obi will probably put his campaign on hold and go to Brazil to personally deliver his condolences. Anywhere two or three people are gathered, no matter the reason trust Peter Obi to show up.
I don't blame him though, the Labour party is broke, any publicity is a good opportunity to remind people that he is still running.

if this ya talk is correct... how many family meetings we don do wey we gather more than two and three but e never show up, what happened?
Re: The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by Sufyaan003(m): 2:00am On Dec 30, 2022
Atiku is the best
Atiku is the answer
Atiku is the solution
Atiku/okowa is coming 2023 insha Allah
#Atikuorganizingforaction

1 Like

Re: The World Will Miss Him: Buhari, Atiku Mourn Pele by AbdulMaifura121: 6:26am On Dec 30, 2022
Everybody Should Come And Vote For Atiku Abubakar

(1) (Reply)

Dragging Buhari Into Campaigns Can't Help You, Atiku/okowa Campaign Mocks Tinubu / Independent National Electoral Commission Has Changed The Game Plan. / What Lessons Can The Current State Governors Learn From Peter Obi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.