Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 14 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 14 (128 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 14 by PastorSomba(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 14

1Timothy 1:8-10 (KJV) "But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

14. The Law Was Not Made For the Righteous: Another reason why the law was not of faith is that it was not made for the righteous. The bible says the law came through Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus. While the law was made for sinners grace and truth was given for the righteous and for righteousness. The law condemned men to death but grace gives men eternal life. Jesus came to keep all the laws and fulfill them so that man can be set free from the bondage of the law which is sin and death. In 2Corinthians 5:19-21 Jesus became sin so that all men can be righteous by the hearing of faith.

The law says you have to do something to please God but grace says you don't have to anything just believe that Jesus has done everything for you and you will become righteous. Under the law every sin is recorded against you but under grace sin is not recorded because of the blood of Jesus. But in this life sin will hinder you and you will suffer the consequences and could even lead to premature death. Through the condemnation of our spirit when we sin, God expects us to judge ourselves and by confessing our sins and we shall be cleansed from all unrighteousness. Under the law you have to repent and forsake before forgiveness. Under grace we receive forgiveness the same way we receive salvation.

God is love and love keeps no record of sin. Jesus came in love and love keeps no record of sins. We saw this in His earthly ministry. When we believe God and walk by faith, all our sins are forgiven because faith works by love. But when we refuse to walk by faith our sins will work against against us. That is why whatever is not of faith is sin. To reject faith is to reject grace, to reject grace is to reject the mercy of God, to reject the mercy God through Christ is to reject the love of God. Sin cannot have dominion over you because you are under grace, but whoever is under the law shall be dominated by sin. It is only by faith we can access the love of God. When we walk by faith we are walking in love towards God. In love there is always mercy, compassion and grace. Without faith it is impossible to love God. Without faith it is impossible to receive the mercy and grace of God. Israel faced constant divine judgement under the law because the law was not of faith therefore had no mercy and grace provisions. You cannot love God by your physical good actions, or by obeying the law, we love God by faith in His word. Only what we do by faith pleases God. The law was not of faith because it lacked the grace, mercy and love of God.

The law was made for sinners and for the unrighteous. The law was not made for the righteous and holy. Jesus came to terminate sin and all unrighteousness by His taken on sin and becoming an embodiment of sin and all unrighteousness. The end of all sin and unrighteousness is death. When Jesus died the death of sinners and the unrighteous He paid the full penalty for all sins and unrighteousness as demanded by the law. The law was made for sinners and the unrighteousness to know they deserve to die for their sins and unrighteousness. Hence the knowledge of the law was the same as the knowledge of sin and death. So instead of the law promoting righteousness it promoted sin and death. The law is not for the believer or Christian today because we are the children of faith and we are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. The law was not made for the righteous.

When Jesus became sin and death He therefore fulfilled all the righteous demand of the law and the purpose of the law. When the purpose of a thing has been fulfilled it is finished. Thus Jesus became the end of the law for righteousness and life to begin to reign in life through Him just as sin and death reigned through Adam. So it is spiritually and scripturally wrong to put believers who are born righteous and holy by nature, under the law. A believer is not a sinner neither is he an unrighteous person. No matter the level of sin or unrighteousness that may be going on in his life you cannot call him a sinner or an unrighteous person because Jesus is his life, he has no life of his own, his life is hid in Christ.

So no matter the sins and unrighteousness in the church or in the world that should never warrant anyone or denomination to bring back the law. In the old testament the law failed to stop sin and you think it is in the new testament that the law will now produce righteousness in the lives of men. In fact such act of introduction of the law in any form is a trampling on the blood of Jesus as insufficient, incomplete and incompetent to do the work of salvation, cleansing and perfection of the saints. God bless you. John 1:14-17; 3:16; Romans 3:20; 6:23; 8:1-2; 10:1-10,17; 14:23; 1Corinthians 11:27-32; 13:4-8; 1John 1:9; 1John 4:8; 1Peter 4:8; 2Corinthians 5:7; Galatians 3:12; 5:6; Hebrews 11:6; Ephesians 1:7; 2:4-6; 4:11-16,24; Colossians 3:1-4; Acts 17:28; Matthew 18:21-22; Proverbs 28:13;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Let All The People Praise The Lord / Meditate - Percolate (5) / Covetousness Like This Is Not A Sin �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.