Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

I Lost Interest In Prayer Due To Loss Of My Job - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Lost Interest In Prayer Due To Loss Of My Job (365 Views)

�ruling Concerning Women Covering Their Feet In Prayer / Can A Woman Lead A Man In Prayer? / A Submissive Muslim Wife Suddenly Lost Interest In Sexual Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Lost Interest In Prayer Due To Loss Of My Job by Sirseedorf(m): 11:03am On Dec 30, 2022
Salam alaikum muslumi and muslimah.

I need your help and advice.

Ever since I lost my job, its been challenging for me to pray, in fact I lost interest in prayer. I feel like there's a venom of failure to submission in me, I feel like praying is useless, while I was working especially morning and afternoon shift I usually woke up around 2am for tahajjud, but everything changed the day I lost my job, I feel weak, lazy and fruitless to pray.

Please what should/can I do have to trust and believe in prayer like before.

Jumah Mubarak.....

3 Likes

Re: I Lost Interest In Prayer Due To Loss Of My Job by earthbest(m): 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
Wa'alaikum Salam.

Loosing interest in Salat when things don't go according to plan or when living becomes frustrating because of all the challenges one is going through is very painful.

I remember when I lost interest in salat and even use to dodge it when together with friends. Whenever its getting close to the time of Salat I usually find excuse to isolate myself. What I observed was I always feel something missing within, whenever I sleep without praying for the day, I always feel empty.

I also observe that during that time of not praying regularly it becomes easier to fall into depression.

My advice for you is to keep praying and don't adopt the mindset that now that am praying things will become better immediately. Inn sha Allah things will get better. All you can do is pray and accept anything that comes your way as pre-destined ( whether Good or Bad) just pray that inn sha Allah, Allah is using this to make me a better person and is leading me towards success.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ruling On Writing (S) Or (SAWS) Etc / Asalamualaikum Warahmatullah Wabarakatuh, Pls Is Der Any Computer Sci Sis Here / The True Meaning Of Islam, The Most Beautiful Religion On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.