Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,745 members, 7,865,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:32 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 15 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 15 (126 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 15 by PastorSomba(m): 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 15

Ephesians 4:11-16 (KJV) "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."

15. The Law Lacked The Cleansing Power to Make The Unrighteous Righteous: Again, the law was not of faith because it could not make the unrighteous to become righteous. The work of cleansing and perfecting of the believer is Christ's responsibility through His word alone and not through the law. The word cleanses through the spirit but the law cleanses through the flesh. Man is a spirit not a flesh. The word cleanses through the hearing of faith but the law seeks to cleanse through works. Cleansing through the word is Christ Himself personally doing the cleansing. Christ is the word of God. Whatever the word does it is Christ that is doing it. The word of God is the Spirit of Christ. Christ has placed in His Church the ministry offices for the perfecting of the body of Christ through the teaching of His word. And He has also put His Spirit inside every believer to lead and to guide us in all things. In the new covenant we are born of the word, saved by the word, healed by the word, set free by the word and we have all our inheritance and possession in the word.

The word is written in our hearts and in our spirits. As a result, we don't need the ten commandments to know when we sin. Our spirit, our hearts and our conscience are there to remind us of the law and convict us to repent if we sin as part of the cleansing power of the word through our spirit. In the new covenant, we are led by the Spirit not by the keeping of the law. The law is grossly inadequate to produce righteousness and holiness. Under the law many lived in sin without knowing it. For example Jesus said that fornication is not in the act but in the thought and intent of the heart. This the law did not cover. So compared to the standard of the Spirit, the law was grossly inadequate to meet God's standard of righteousness and holiness which only the word and the Spirit are able to do through faith. The law could only see sin physically and warn you but the Spirit can see sin, evil and unrighteousness minutes, hours, days and years ahead and warn you and help you to overcome them now. The law told you you are a sinner but it had no power to help you overcome sin. So under the law even though people knew they were sinners yet nothing could be done by the law to help them. So the law kept men in perpetual guilt of their sins, condemnation and death. But the Spirit through the victory of Jesus gave men power, authority and dominion over sin and death.

The bible also emphasizes this responsibility of Christ cleansing and perfecting His church through the word in Ephesians 5:25-27 (KJV) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Even when we sin it is the word that cleanses us from all unrighteousness through the blood. Jesus is the word made flesh. As a man with flesh and blood He was also the word of God. The life of the flesh is in the blood. When Jesus shed His blood as a man for the sins of all men, He was giving His life for all. So both the shedding of His blood and the giving of His life were the word at work. The blood is only a means the word used for the forgiveness of our sin, just as the word used the stripes of Jesus for our healing.

One thing we must know is that this issue of bringing back the law as a means of perfection did not start today but right from the days of the early church when the Jewish converts were pushing for this all across the world. This heresy or false doctrine was the biggest challenge apostle Paul and the early church faced that even led to the death of most of the apostles. The law is of the flesh and the word is of the spirit. You cannot begin in the spirit and use the flesh to perfect the spirit. It is like using the devil to perfect a believer. The flesh and the Spirit are enemies and eternally contrary to one another.

Apostle Paul writing to the Galatians on this practice called it witchcraft and to the Hebrews he called it apostasy. Galatians 3:1-3 (KJV) "O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"
Hebrews 10:26-31 (KJV) "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." God bless you. John 17:17; Hebrews 8:8-12; 13:12; Romans 6:14; 8:1-11,14; 10:8-10,17; John 1:1-3,14-17; 6:63; 8:32; 14:16-17; 16:13-15; Ephesians 1:13; 2:8-9,15; Titus 2:11; 1Peter 2:24; Matthew 5:27-28,32; 8:17; Psalm 107:20; 1John 1:9; 2:1-2; 3:19-21; 1Corinthians 11:27-32; Mark 10:17-23; Galatians 2:16-21; 5:17; 2Corinthians 1:20; 2Peter 1:2-4;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/01/2023 / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Tuesday, January 3,2023 / Learn To Manage Your Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.