Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,791 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:55 AM

How To Perform A Business Name Search Correctly On The CAC Website - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Perform A Business Name Search Correctly On The CAC Website (167 Views)

How To Do Corporate Affairs Commission (cac) Name Search That Brings Best Result / How To Reactivate Your Business From Inactive To Active On The Cac Portal / How To Register Your Business Online With The Cac (do-it-yourself Guide ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Perform A Business Name Search Correctly On The CAC Website by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 31, 2022
How to do a proper name search on the CAC Website

Doing a proper name search is one of the most overlooked process in business name registration. And as a result, most people get their business name registrations rejected.

To do a proper name search that will not be rejected due to already registered "similarities", we apply a method known as the "split method".

STEPS
First visit the official CAC search engine at search.cac.gov.ng

Now to apply the split method
First separate the names of the business into single entities e.g let's say I want to search for this name "smartbizconsults"
To Perform the first search, we search for each word i.e. smart|biz|consults.

Upon each search query, ensure to check through all the categories not just the company section.

Also, after each search query, refresh the browser page. This to erase former results so it doesn't interfere with the new one.

Phase 2: now we enter the business name joining just 2 entities. For instance, the name "smartbizconsults" has 3 entities i.e smart|biz|consults.
So for the phase 2, we enter the query this way; Smartconsults|smartbiz|.

In one of the screenshots attached, you'll see where I circled a business name. Now the query that brought that business was "biz" from phase 1. Assuming when I entered the query and the name on the screenshot was same with mine (smart) that would be a red flag�.

Phase 3: now you search for the full business name i.e. "smartbizconsults" remember to refresh before searching. And also remember to search under each category.

If it doesn't return any results then you're good to go. Even if it does but there's no similarity between the results and your business name all is still good.

So there you have it. That's how you perform a proper business name search before reservation/registration.

If you have any questions or you get confused, leave a comment or send a text on WhatsApp @ +2347061911634

Cheers! See you soon

(1) (Reply)

Point A And B Of Affiliate Marketing / Stay Motivated Forex Trader / ECONOMY: As Full Implementation Of Cashless Policy Starts Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.