Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,276 members, 7,829,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Which Should She Choose? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Should She Choose? (18307 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Should She Choose? by Debater(m): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2023
Well, her/your heart should be followed
Why?
Cos Lagos is a bustling city where you get more clients, opportunities, etc, but, haba, you gats experience stress oo. Transport is another problem, with hold-ups, truck blockages and high fares.
If you decide on Lagos, try choosing a safe neighborhood, because you see that Island area, thugs plenty dere.
All in all, if you want to continue in the North, then you go on without stress and promotion.

I'll advice you the promotion in Lagos State is better, you have a higher salary, better work condition, more opportunities!
Forget stress, life is not just a bed of roses.
Re: Which Should She Choose? by toujurs: 9:33am On Jan 02, 2023
If you are coming to lagos for a salary job, Guy u wil suffer o! If its business it's will worth it.

I know alot of girls that came to lagos, for a salary job, currently they are prostitutes. Jumping from clubs to clubs to attract customers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Should She Choose? by inforesource: 9:35am On Jan 02, 2023
[quote author=QuinModah post=119591807][/quote]

Always go to where a job is offering career growth. Very important aspect of life.
Re: Which Should She Choose? by Dshocker(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2023

It is better she stays in the north, because accommodation, transport fair, food price is on the high side, coupled with the stress involved.
Re: Which Should She Choose? by EbenezerTriumph: 9:39am On Jan 02, 2023
toujurs:
If you are coming to lagos for a salary job, Guy u wil suffer o! If its business it's will worth it.

I know alot of girls that came to lagos, for a salary job, currently they are prostitutes. Jumping from clubs to clubs to attract customers.
this is a new year.
try and drop your stupidity
Re: Which Should She Choose? by Candidlady: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2023
tydi:
He/she should choose one and give me the other job.
But I wouldn't want to go down north

wrong Sir

it is called UP NORTH

3 Likes

Re: Which Should She Choose? by toujurs: 9:51am On Jan 02, 2023
EbenezerTriumph:
this is a new year.
try and drop your stupidity
It seem like your town people, are the ones flourishing this hook up business in lagos
Re: Which Should She Choose? by Cutehector(m): 9:54am On Jan 02, 2023
[quote author=QuinModah post=119591807][/quote]you are the one in lagos..let us hang out
Re: Which Should She Choose? by seyoops4u: 10:06am On Jan 02, 2023
lol
which one should stick to; she or I ?

you dey disguise OP grin grin

Re: Which Should She Choose? by seyoops4u: 10:06am On Jan 02, 2023
lol
which one should stick to; she or I ?

you dey disguise OP grin grin

QuinModah:
Re: Which Should She Choose? by seyoops4u: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2023
grin grin grin
she don loss guide grin grin grin
devilmaycry:
Stop confusing us...she or you ??

Anyway, lagos is cool via opportunities and all that, but the struggle comes with accomodation/transportation. If these two can be covered easily then you or her is good to go
Re: Which Should She Choose? by Mirakle69: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2023
Abeg, who understood what she was writing??

Confusing pronouns left, right and centre.

1 Like

Re: Which Should She Choose? by abobote: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2023
The job in the north, how much is the pay
Re: Which Should She Choose? by Hinokami: 10:23am On Jan 02, 2023
I turned down a 200k job in lagos to stay in the North.
I'm in tech so I believe more opportunities are going to come with or without lagos.

Just have that self belief.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should She Choose? by phemmyfour: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2023
QuinModah:
No one grows staying in his/her comfort zone. If she's serious about growth, let her relocate to Lagos asap
Re: Which Should She Choose? by SavageResponse(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2023
Does she want to leave her comfort zone or remain in stagnation?

That's the choice she needs to make here
Re: Which Should She Choose? by CaptMarvel(m): 10:38am On Jan 02, 2023
When you plant a seed it struggles with the pressure from the earth and the Heat from the sun then at a breathtaking moment it break forth and break through with a newness of dazzling green leave and soft succulent stem, signifying a beautiful hope for fruitfulness, and greatness in abundance.

Let your sister think about this cool

1 Like

Re: Which Should She Choose? by Sanctecosma(m): 10:39am On Jan 02, 2023
So one can actually take a vacation to relax their nerves and then go back cheesy
Lagos Nawa o cheesy grin

Hezzyluv:
. I noticed you just have to act like an insane person (kolo mental) to be able to stay in Lagos. If not, people go use your head. grin

Just came back from Lagos to relax my nerves before going back.

1 Like

Re: Which Should She Choose? by Powersurge: 10:39am On Jan 02, 2023

1. You like lukewarmness and comfort zone, remain where you are. But note that if anything happens in your comfort zone, you are done.

2. Between 2019 to now, I have moved my income from 70k to 365,000 thanks to persistently pushing myself and making hard decisions.

3. If you want to move to Lagos, close your eyes and rent house close to your job. Preferably on the island. The benefits go beyond your current job. Merely having island address on your resume gives u and edge for companies on that axis.

4. Lagos is stable. Nobody is thinking about your tribe or religion. Nobody care where you are from. You don't want to be in a place where your success depends on some bullshit.

5. Finally, change is not easy. If you don't like change, stay in your comfort zone (which you will discover in a couple of years that it's not so comfortable).

4 Likes

Re: Which Should She Choose? by jeeqaa7(m): 10:44am On Jan 02, 2023
ThierryJay:
The Lagos opportunity is obviously better for her if her goal is to grow and have a good career. Several jobseekers from other states who landed good jobs in Lagos also faced those issues of accommodation and acclimatization you spoke about but today are better off for it.

That 300k gross salary this year might become 900k in 5 years. She would also develop really good exposure and valuable networks.

In that same time span in Kaduna, she'd most likely still be on the same level.

where you see Kaduna?
Re: Which Should She Choose? by eben97: 10:58am On Jan 02, 2023
WHERE IS D OP SEF? come up here n answer peoples questions o? how much are u earnin in your comfort zone?
Re: Which Should She Choose? by code9(m): 11:18am On Jan 02, 2023
If you earn up to 120k in Kano, then you shouldn't move.
I have worked in Kano for 2 years and now live and work in Lagos. If i see a job in Kano that is willing to pay me 3/4 of what i currently earn today, I am out of Lagos the next day.

In today's world, there is no real advantage of Lagos. As a single lady, you will find it hard to build in life in Lagos without falling to the vices of a corrupt society that can prey on innocent minds.

However, If career is your life ambition and you would rather sacrifice everything you have for it, then Lagos is a good choice. Lagos is looking for people who can make sacrifices to attain pleasure and status. Choose your poison carefully; Low income with modest way of living and opportunity to have good work life balance, or High income with high stress and no time to live life the way you wish.

for you to work in Island with a 300k salary gross is tantamount to suffer head. Bills will choke you. 300k on mainland is a good deal but on Island, nope.

my 2 cents

6 Likes

Re: Which Should She Choose? by Osariemen12: 11:23am On Jan 02, 2023
In all you do, avoid Lagos. Life expectancy in Nigeria is lowest in Lagos. Again, people who spend all their lives in Lagos end up having mental health challenges at old age.

Remain in the north. If you must move, think of any city in south south.

A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Should She Choose? by do4luv14(m): 11:34am On Jan 02, 2023

Lagos Island

My dearest dear, Tell your sister to stay put, Use her stress free time to learning other ways of making her some good Bucks

Lagos, hmmm that 300k gross pay, will fetch her a Room and palour sefcon in Ajegunle,

Then the stress of vomiting to the Island and Back, And if She is thinking of living on the Island, Then that gross pay of 300k will not fetch her a decent Room and palour, infact, I Advance against her moving

If she need career Advance, , She can get same done online, by Doing same Job online

1 Like

Re: Which Should She Choose? by DarkJeddi(m): 11:37am On Jan 02, 2023
tydi:
He/she should choose one and give me the other job.
But I wouldn't want to go down north
You wouldn't want to go UP NORTH..
Re: Which Should She Choose? by Jayboi(m): 11:41am On Jan 02, 2023
As much as I may want to advice her to go for the Lagos job, will it allow her some self freedom? What abt marriage, relationships. To be honest a 300k starting salary in lag for now will exert so much stress unless she's used to it or doesn't mind. If her present salary is still above 100k in the north then she should stay and add extra hustle. In our present day, it's better for one to av extra sources of income than to be solely working for salary.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should She Choose? by dahmie2013: 11:42am On Jan 02, 2023
I think she should remain in the North, I believe with patience, she will also get a job in the North that offers career prospects. The cost of living is too high in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should She Choose? by jasonex4(m): 11:54am On Jan 02, 2023
You or your sister?

1 Like

Re: Which Should She Choose? by sweetman2022: 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
I can link her with an accomodation if she is ready to assist in the bills with the person she will be staying with.

1 Like

Re: Which Should She Choose? by Timagex(m): 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
chatinent:
I'll always prefer a stress-free work anytime since it gives me time to do other things. I love my time the most. If it were I, I'd ignore the Lagos job but would plan smarter ways to diverse my income. ₦300k monthly sounds big only when you earn less than it. As a freelance research writer, I am very sure I'd earn the six months salary in a month so why should I choose a job that will hinder that?

That's my opinion tho.

I shouldn't be a wet blanket either. Doesn't she mind the big stress of relocation, accommodation, and adaptation? Can she handle the high cost of living in Lagos? Traffic congestion? And has she considered the job security?

If she has, she should grab it.

I mean, you should grab it.

Hello sir. I have some questions I would like to ask you as regards writing. Can I send a mail?
Re: Which Should She Choose? by Kylekent59: 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2023
It's not all about the money [300k], but how she will survive with that.

Remember she will pay Bills, transportation, and food plus other experiences ( miscellaneous)

After subtracting all the expenses, she could end up saving 150k.

If her current salary in the north is 200k, then she should settle in the north.

The advantage here is that she will see more opportunities in Lagos.
Re: Which Should She Choose? by lereinter(m): 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2023
Why do people get into a conundrum about selection from 2 job offers?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Custom Recruitment Exercise / Internship: Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Programme / Work Online From Home And Get Paid Daily And Directly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.