Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years (2072 Views)

Aregbesola Commissions The Immigration Service Passport Express Centre / Passport: Nigerian Immigration Reacted To Widespread About The New Passport / New Nigeria International Passport To Cost N70,000 - Immigration Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Zincfingers: 1:34am On Jan 01, 2023
Happy New year everyone!!

I applied for passport at the Ikoyi ( Lagos ) passport office in April 2021.
Unfortunately, during the production, the Nigerian immigration 'swapped ' my data with another person.
On the data page , only the photo and signature belong to me while other information belong to another person.

When the error was detected , I was asked to go to the servicom unit . At the servicom, I was implored to pay for another application which I did.
I had to pay for a mistake which emanated from them .

It's already 20 months and 10 months from my initial and 2nd application respectively. Yet , my passport hasn't been produced .

I've turned the Ikoyi passport office into some sort of pilgrimage as I visit the place every fortnight to ask about my passport.

The only thing they've been saying is that they've sent a message to IRIS ( NIS' technical partner ) Abuja to rectify the error from their data base .
What kind of correction takes a year to do

I'm currently stuck because I need the passport for my academic/professional pursuit abroad .

Please , I wish to use this medium to appeal to Nairalanders with any useful information to assist me.

I wish everyone a very prosperous and peaceful 2023 .

Mynd44 , Seun , Dominique, nlfpmod
Please help move to the front page
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by GoodCane: 1:36am On Jan 01, 2023
Bros, if you have the money, just do fresh one otherwise these people go Play with you tire.

Dey Just dey whine you, I'm very sure they have misplaced your passport sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Zincfingers: 1:39am On Jan 01, 2023
G00DHardDick:
Bros, if you have the money, just do fresh one otherwise these people go Play with you tire.

Dey Just dey whine you, I'm very sure they have misplaced your passport sef.
Thank you chief .
I don't even mind paying but I was told that I'd never get a passport until the error is corrected on their data base .

I'm honestly fed up cry
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by GoodCane: 1:40am On Jan 01, 2023
Zincfingers:

Thank you chief .
I don't even mind paying but I was told that I'd never get a passport until the error is corrected on their data base .

I'm honestly fed up cry

Pure whining. Apply for a new one.
Nigeria immigration office to dey mumu

1 Like

Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Zincfingers: 1:45am On Jan 01, 2023
G00DHardDick:

Okay.. I'll explore this option if you think it may work .

However , I've asked them severally if I could just commence a fresh application but I was told that since my fingerprint is already in their database, it would be flagged If I attempt another one without removing my previous entry from their system
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 01, 2023
Did you tell anyone in the village about your plans?

Are you from Edo or Kogi?
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Zincfingers: 2:04am On Jan 01, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Did you tell anyone in the village about your plans?

Are you from Edo or Kogi?
The thing wan resemble village people true true grin grin

Abeg , If you have any connection. I really need help
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Chukdobz20: 2:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Hey bro, go to NIS HQ Abuja that's were the error can be corrected from the database. You will need to apply to the comptroller in charge of passports for correction, once approved and rectified you can capture and get a new one.

Unfortunately, NIS is heavily corrupt, if you apply officialy you will never get a response. You need to go to Abuja and find an officer to pay to push your application and get it rectified. Your application is most likely dumped somewhere gathering dust until you do the needful Nigerian style.

Also be careful alot of officers will take your cash and still don't have the balls to push your application. Look for a senior officer with connections!!!

3 Likes

Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:59am On Jan 01, 2023
Damn na wa o. To think that just a few years ago, a passport used to be a 24 hour thing. I waited almost 8 months for my last passport even with bribes.

2 Likes

Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Gerrard59(m): 8:25am On Jan 01, 2023
Chukdobz20:
Hey bro, go to NIS HQ Abuja that's were the error can be corrected from the database. You will need to apply to the comptroller in charge of passports for correction, once approved and rectified you can capture and get a new one.

Unfortunately, NIS is heavily corrupt, if you apply officialy you will never get a response. You need to go to Abuja and find an officer to pay to push your application and get it rectified. Your application is most likely dumped somewhere gathering dust until you do the needful Nigerian style.

Also be careful alot of officers will take your cash and still don't have the balls to push your application. Look for a senior officer with connections!!!

To add, if OP is new to the Abuja office, get a referral from a senior official in the Ikoyi office so that you don't encounter stress when in Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Zincfingers: 9:36am On Jan 01, 2023
Chukdobz20:

Okay. Thank you
Unfortunately , I don't know anyone in Abuja
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Zincfingers: 9:36am On Jan 01, 2023
Gerrard59:

To add, if OP is new to the Abuja office, get a referral from a senior official in the Ikoyi office so that you don't encounter stress when in Abuja.

Thank you
I'll explore this
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 01, 2023
Zincfingers:

Unfortunately, during the production, the Nigerian immigration 'swapped ' my data with another person.
On the data page , only the photo and signature belong to me while other information belong to another person.

When the error was detected , I was asked to go to the servicom unit . At the servicom, I was implored to pay for another application which I did.

It's already 20 months and 10 months from my initial and 2nd application respectively. Yet , my passport hasn't been produced .

I've turned the Ikoyi passport office into some sort of pilgrimage as I visit the place every fortnight to ask about my passport.

The only thing they've been saying is that they've sent a message to IRIS ( NIS' technical partner ) Abuja to rectify the error from their data base .

I'm currently stuck because I need the passport for my academic/professional pursuit abroad .

Please , I wish to use this medium to appeal to Nairalanders with any useful information to assist me.

how much did it cost, and where apart from ikoyi can I get the passport in lagos
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Zincfingers: 10:18am On Jan 01, 2023
Heathrow44:

how much did it cost, and where apart from ikoyi can I get the passport in lagos
It depends on the number of pages you wish to do.
The 32 pages one is 30k or thereabout.

I'll advise that you go to other states if you can . Lagos offices are usually rowdy .
I think they have offices in Festac and Ikeja
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 10:18am On Jan 01, 2023
Is there anything that works in this country with out any hiccups?

@Op

I don't think you can start a fresh application since your fingerprint is already there In the data base.

So I would advice you do as chukdobz20 instructed. Who knows, you might able to get some help.
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by kelmicheal: 10:48am On Jan 01, 2023
Zincfingers:

The thing wan resemble village people true true grin grin

Abeg , If you have any connection. I really need help

Come for deliverance your passport will be Released by fire is a pity this is strange
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 01, 2023
Zincfingers:

It depends on the number of pages you wish to do.
The 32 pages one is 30k or thereabout.

I'll advise that you go to other states if you can . Lagos offices are usually rowdy .
I think they have offices in Festac and Ikeja

what exactly do u mean by how many pages
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Zincfingers: 11:02am On Jan 01, 2023
Heathrow44:

what exactly do u mean by how many pages
There are different pages and the prices differ too .
The 32 page booklet is the cheapest
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by GlobTrotter: 12:20pm On Jan 01, 2023
G00DHardDick:

it's not possible to do that. Even if you loose your old passport, you can't just apply for a new one without presenting the old one how much more this case.

Bro I wish you luck oo. I hope this gets to front page so you can get attention on this matter
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Enddy50ty(m): 1:17pm On Jan 01, 2023
OP to be honest and sincere with you, your passport issues cannot be resolved in Lagos but only in Abuja, don't let anyone scam you for nothing.

I have a friend who had similar issues with his passport and it was resolved only when he go intel from an official in the immigration office that such issues are handled by their Abuja office.

Try and get contact of a high ranking officer that's trustworthy in Abuja.
But be careful sha with your dealings with them because the system is highly corrupt.

I wish you good luck.
Happy New Year.
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by tobijas001(m): 1:49pm On Jan 01, 2023
Chukdobz20:

Zincfingers:

Thank you
I'll explore this
That's your only solution, go to NIS HQ
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Maria96: 2:37pm On Jan 01, 2023
post it on twitter and tag their handle they will act on it.
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Nozino: 3:11pm On Jan 01, 2023
Zincfingers:

Go and post this as a thread on Twitter and @ the relevant authorities, celebrities and influencers.
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Abilistic(m): 4:20pm On Jan 01, 2023
Send email to their support or use Twitter.

Imagine paying for their stupid mistake!
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by HRprof: 9:16pm On Jan 01, 2023
G00DHardDick:

People who do not know anything about topic are the one to rush and comment to give wrong advise.

OP can not apply for new passport what he need is correction of his database which has to be done at Immigration head outer Abuja
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Zincfingers: 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2023
Thank you all for your contributions
May God bless you all
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2023
Zincfingers:

Okay.. I'll explore this option if you think it may work .

However , I've asked them severally if I could just commence a fresh application but I was told that since my fingerprint is already in their database, it would be flagged If I attempt another one without removing my previous entry from their system

this is true... i did had an error on my application sometime ago and i was asked to send a complaints to Abuja for correction but when i weigh the options it may take months... so i was advised to reapply kos i have not been captured.. your case is about correction which can only be done at the HQs... if only you havnet been captured.. it will be better to reapply and forfeit the other one...
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Zincfingers: 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
emmanuelpopson:

this is true... i did had an error on my application sometime ago and i was asked to send a complaints to Abuja for correction but when i weigh the options it may take months... so i was advised to reapply kos i have not been captured.. your case is about correction which can only be done at the HQs... if only you havnet been captured.. it will be better to reapply and forfeit the other one...
Thank you
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Jayniih: 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
Zincfingers:

Please have you been able to solve this issue?
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Zincfingers: 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
Jayniih:

Not yet
Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by Olawalenvironme: 9:43am On Jun 07, 2023
Please I'm having similar issue at this ikoyi office of this technical issue,It's over 9 months, please how can I go about an it?
Jayniih:

Re: Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years by luckydejiano: 9:48pm On Jan 06
Please,have you settled this issue
Kindly Help me/someone out

(1) (Reply)

Belize Student Visa / Misfeasance In Uk Home Office:2 Nigerians Caused Serious Pains To Fellow African / People Boarding An Airplane With Ladder In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.