Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 - Business (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 (470144 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (1043) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by kozmicity: 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2023
infofirst:

Yes we will by God grace. But we have to be sure @princeofwallstreet is not ready yet with his own

Okay chief, thank you sir.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by kozmicity: 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
karkinase:

Yea bro.. competition yakpa na to get minimum of 30% be the koko now. TFT, Fundednext, MFFx, fundedEngineer
shocked
Is the 30% their requirement or just a personal goal?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by AK284(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2023
RKTexpert:
that A-Z motivational book featuring countless people sharing dia crappy trading stories and whatnut....

go read:
Market Makers Method by Steve Mauro
The Way of the Superior Trader by Forexia
The Candlestick Trading Bible by Kohanfx

Very good books you recommended especially the first two.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Geovanni412(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
Hello guys,it's been a while now.i want to start prop firm trading but i will like to give it a shot test,that is,i want to demo trade and understand the nature of prop firm trading before getting the live one,any advice and recommendations please?

Go for prop firm acct with no time limit

Try trading a normal acct with small money and 10% risk ...it's the same thing as trading a prop firm acct

Why so?

Read pifisher's post
pipfisher:
Since after last week's slippage on GBPUSD, my trading psychology was messed up. Lost 3.5% of my account instead of 1% risk I took. For this prop firm thing 2.5% is like 25%.

On a prop firm acct, with a risk of 0.5% per trade, it takes only 10 strikes for your acct will be lost

If you can survive 3 months of trading a cent acct with 10 dollars and risking 10% per trade, then you have a chance of trading a prop firm successfully.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by karkinase(m): 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
kozmicity:

shocked
Is the 30% their requirement or just a personal goal?
Na personal goal @ least
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by dottozil: 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
EASYLIFE4US:

I used to trade multiple pairs, then I changed and started trading one pair which was usdjpy then switched to gbpusd because I thought if you master one pair, you'll make less mistakes and be more profitable but that's quite far from reality. The best way out is master a strategy that can line up all the odds in your favour in any currency pair or stock or indices or futures etc and use stop loss as a safety net for re-entry( this is all you need for risk management), you only allow 2 trades max for any currency pairs. I tell you success won't be far from you.

Exactly, I believe once you have a strategy you trade any pair that fits your strategy

5 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by OfficialP: 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
Here's the thought coming to my mind.

if you have 10000 prop account for. example, 5percent of it is 500 usd.

That's the actual capital you have to trade with. Trade the account with the mindset that your capital is 500, not 10000

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by EASYLIFE4US: 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
OfficialP:

That's the actual capital you have to trade with. Trade the account with the mindset that your capital is 500, not 10000

This one go hard to do oooo😅

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by EASYLIFE4US: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2023
OfficialP:

Daily risk=0.3% of capital
Max daily loss=5% of capital
Max loss =10% of capital
Capital= 10000
Daily risk=0.3% of 10000= 30
No. of daily risk=500÷30=16.666
Max entry per day=3
Max risk=1000÷30=33
Max no. of loss days in a row=33÷3=11days
With a capital of 10000usd, If your stop loss is 30 USD, with 3 entries per day, it will take you 11 days to breach maximum loss of 1000usd or hit the minimum 10% required to pass a challenge.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by EmmanuelVi(m): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
OfficialP:

Yes, you thought right, that is how prop firms are structured.
If you've got 100K account with 8% max drawdown, just take it that you've got an 8K account (8% of 100K) to trade with; so if you were to be risking 2% of your account per trade, it is best to reference that 2% risk to the overall capital you have to trade with which is 8K (for the 100K account instance), this would give you a risk of max $160 per trade compared to $2K per trade as relate to 100K.
If most prop traders thought like this and painfully followed that regiment, there would be a lot less blown accounts in the industry (at least, would take longer times to crash each one).

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by kendoschurrle(m): 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
OfficialP:

good idea but also remember say the target na based on the total amount. you go need wait almost one year to pass phase one and two (unless say you dey pack 1000 pips every week grin)

how many people get that patience?

the prop firm wey you dey trade with fit don pack up before you pass too grin grin

if to say person fit trust these platforms completely ehen

the idea above make sense pass. trade that 8% ignore the big amount

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by clems88(m): 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
Gold behaving like witch , hitting my BE anyhow angry
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nothing can beat macro trading or fundamentals. You see inflation, trade balance, GDP, interest rates , demand and supply, central banks and government policy. Don't joke with them...

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Emmizay12(m): 2:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
EmmanuelVi:

Yes, you thought right, that is how prop firms are structured.
If you've got 100K account with 8% max drawdown, just take it that you've got an 8K account (8% of 100K) to trade with; so if you were to be risking 2% of your account per trade, it is best to reference that 2% risk to the overall capital you have to trade with which is 8K (for the 100K account instance), this would give you a risk of max $160 per trade compared to $2K per trade as relate to 100K.
If most prop traders thought like this and painfully followed that regiment, there would be a lot less blown accounts in the industry (at least, would take longer times to crash each one).

though you have a valid point but by making it difficult to fail,, you also make it difficult to pass.

once you are not in drawdown,, f**kin increase risk, use the house money to play offense,, once your account is in drawdown, then you can reduce risk to 0.5% and play defense..

another thing is practice practice practice,, you have a demo account, deposit the 10,000 and trade with it like a prop firm account, or take FTMO free trials to have free account analysis

prove to YOURSELF first that you can trade a demo propfirm account with your strategy before you go to FTMO or MFF to prove to them you can trade

give yourself caps, so that when on a live account and things are rough you will look back and tell yourself you have done it before, you can aswell do it again

peace

15 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by samfelly: 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
kozmicity:
Possible UJ re-entry.

My bosses, Infofirst, Samfelly, Karkinase and co, would there be another competition this July? And how do I get in?

One question, Kozmicity, you never register for anyone - Fundednext, TFT, or MFFx?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by rhynoemmie(m): 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
RKTexpert:
I have alrdy signed up for 3 july competitions so far, God knows, e get the one wey I go gamble with it lol and he get the ones wey I go follow religiously to the end.
1. myfundedfx
2.funded next
3.TFT

Please can you paste link for the fundednext and tft competitions
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Emmizay12(m): 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
EASYLIFE4US:

Daily risk=0.3% of capital
Max daily loss=5% of capital
Max loss =10% of capital
Capital= 10000
Daily risk=0.3% of 10000= 30
No. of daily risk=500÷30=16.666
Max entry per day=3
Max risk=1000÷30=33
Max no. of loss days in a row=33÷3=11days
With a capital of 10000usd, If your stop loss is 30 USD, with 3 entries per day, it will take you 11 days to breach maximum loss of 1000usd or hit the minimum 10% required to pass a challenge.

all this one na suffer head, if a person doesn't know how to trade make him go back to the charts and brush up his/her strategy..
no profitable trader will listen to all this your mathematics,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by rhynoemmie(m): 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
kendoschurrle:

good idea but also remember say the target na based on the total amount. you go need wait almost one year to pass phase one and two (unless say you dey pack 1000 pips every week grin)

how many people get that patience?

the prop firm wey you dey trade with fit don pack up before you pass too grin grin

if to say person fit trust these platforms completely ehen

the idea above make sense pass. trade that 8% ignore the big amount

You have said it all.
If you have confidence in your strategy, there should be room to go big on some trades.

Depending on how many times your strategy presents itself in a week.

That way, with proper risk management, and if u time ur entries very well on LTFs you could have very little stop loss and your profit target could be the same as when you analysed the trade on a higher timeframe...

#IMO sha

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by rhynoemmie(m): 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2023
Emmizay12:

all this one na suffer head, if a person doesn't know how to trade make him go back to the charts and brush up his/her strategy..

Violence breathing
3rd Form

Scorched earth

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by karkinase(m): 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
OfficialP:

Na one year you go use pass be that oo.. do you realize what it means to make 160% of the 500 capital.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Emmizay12(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2023
another mighty lie in this Forex industry is making traders believe that anything less than 1:2 risk to reward ratio na bad thing, like you can't be profitable with a 1:1

trying to always go for a 1:2 has really set me back in my trading journey,,

some days I stack up heavy lotsize for a 1:0.5 trade,,,
take profit and use the profit to enter another trade with tight stoploss, Two wins and my account is fat..

trading the markets is war, once you have profits(ammo) FIRE that lotsize!!!!

if it doesn't work go on the defensive

a good soldier knows when to advance and when to retreat,,,,,, no be only to the retreat everytime

5 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Geovanni412(m): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
Emmizay12:

No be small thing

Easylife4us, this your calculation no dey make life easy

Reduce am small make we follow...

How many pairs are being traded?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by OfficialP: 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
karkinase:

Na one year you go use pass be that oo.. do you realize what it means to make 160% of the 500 capital.

5% of 500 is 25usd. So risk per trade will be 25. USD. Increasing risk to 50usd when you have safe isn't bad also. Max risk should be 50usd

With up to 1:4, rr you are good to go.

It all depends on each one trading styles though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Donsheddy: 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
Who get mind go share my new year resolution 😁😁😂😂..... God dey sha
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by kendoschurrle(m): 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
as you dey take advice

better dey listen to people wey get prop account and wey don collect at least one kpakam grin grin grin

e get why grin grin

my people say person wey dey use mouth drive moto no dey ever get accident grin grin

if you like dey follow the mouth of people wey still dey dream na you sabi

no risk too little make your journey no tough pass as e suppose be

no risk too much make you for continue dey progress reach where you wan go

na you get strategy na you know wetin go happen before you lose 8%

my mentor tell me say "that number of pips loss for your worst drawdown, multiply it by 5 and set your risk with that in mind"

i arrest my cases grin

7 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by EASYLIFE4US: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
Geovanni412:

No be small thing

Easylife4us, this your calculation no dey make life easy

Reduce am small make we follow...

How many pairs are being traded?

You can adjust it to suite your risk appetite and it's a pair per day, meaning if your stop loss is hit 3 times consecutively on the same pair the same day wait until the next day
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by EASYLIFE4US: 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Emmizay12:

If you be profitable trader, you fit follow up with asymmetric compounding, omoo dat wan na mega profit and flipping account
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by sampz: 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
Emmizay12:
another mighty lie in this Forex industry is making traders believe that anything less than 1:2 risk to reward ratio na bad thing, like you can't be profitable with a 1:1

take profit and use the profit to enter another trade with tight stoploss, Two wins and my account is fat..

a good soldier knows when to advance and when to retreat,,,,,, no be only to the retreat everytime

normal doesn't win..
but I kind of like normal
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
Emmizay12:

You're so right there the reason why many are not consistent in this business is they want to have that home runs always, knowing when to adjust with what the market is offering is a top notch advise and definitely when to scale up...
Lock 1:1 and purse your target is another input from my end. I may not be rich now but I'm getting consistent, very important in this our business.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by OfficialP: 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
It's not about having specific rr, you take what the market makes available.

We all trade levels or zones to zones, so you take profit at your zone, your SL is what determines the rr of the trade, not you.

Two people may trade the same levels, one may have higher rr than the other person.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Elliotwaveforec: 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
Na wa! 20% no want enter for TFT. From 17 back to 14.75. No matter what, 11% will not be touched again till month ends.

That 10% must remain till competition ends.

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by realone12(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
OfficialP:
It's not about having specific rr, you take what the market makes available.

We all trade levels or zones to zones, so you take profit at your zone, your SL is what determines the rr of the trade, not you.

Two people may trade the same levels, one may have higher rr than the other person.
you see the market the same way I see the market

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (1043)

Free Skill Acquisition E-Center / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.