Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,023 members, 7,859,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:47 PM

JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency (1453 Views)

Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency / No INEC Officials Or Materials In Obasanjo’s Polling Unit (PHOTO) / EFCC Begins Probe Of Suspects In Obasanjo’s $16bn Electricity Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by Devil1Messenger: 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2023
HydraFeeds:

Tinubu has beaten OBJ before when the latter withheld state allocation of Lagos state just to pressurize the former to bend but he instead emerge stronger . Once beaten twice shy .
Why do you people like disgracing yourselves around?
Obasenjo never withheld Lagos allocation for once
Tinubu and the then ebonyi state gov created additional local govt council without due process and OBJ asked them to revert it.
The other gov did but tinubu refused, so OBJ withheld the allocation of the local govt councils which all were later paid to Fashola govt
Local govt allocation is different from state allocation, abi u think na small pikin you dey follow talk
Tinubu have been feeding you people with lies and propaganda and yet u support him at the detriment of ur future and dat of ur generations
Learn and free yourself
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by HydraFeeds(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

Why do you people like disgracing yourselves around?
Obasenjo never withheld Lagos allocation for once
Tinubu and the then ebonyi state gov created additional local govt council without due process and OBJ asked them to revert it.
The other gov did but tinubu refused, so OBJ withheld the allocation of the local govt councils which all were later paid to Fashola govt
Local govt allocation is different from state allocation, abi u think na small pikin you dey follow talk
Tinubu have been feeding you people with lies and propaganda and yet u support him at the detriment of ur future and dat of ur generations
Learn and free yourself

The funds still belong to Lagos state and was seized during BAT tenure so what are you saying ?
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by Devil1Messenger: 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
HydraFeeds:

The funds still belong to Lagos state and was seized during BAT tenure so what are you saying ?
Stop spreading misinformation
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by HydraFeeds(m): 9:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

Stop spreading misinformation
where’s the misinformation in my comment?
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by Devil1Messenger: 10:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
HydraFeeds:
where’s the misinformation in my comment?
Tinubu has beaten OBJ before when the latter withheld state allocation of Lagos state just to pressurize the former to bend but he instead emerge stronger . Once beaten twice shy
That was exactly what u wrote which is very wrong
U people are just too useless
U lie for a living

If Nigeria is a working country, what is state govs business with local govt allocation?
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by HydraFeeds(m): 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

Tinubu has beaten OBJ before when the latter withheld state allocation of Lagos state just to pressurize the former to bend but he instead emerge stronger . Once beaten twice shy
That was exactly what u wrote which is very wrong
U people are just too useless
U lie for a living

If Nigeria is a working country, what is state govs business with local govt allocation?

When the lga fund was withheld,who Dey fund the lga ? Nor be Lagos state ?You Dey ment and you deserve to live in hell like your master .
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by Devil1Messenger: 10:27pm On Jan 01, 2023
HydraFeeds:

When the lga fund was withheld,who Dey fund the lga ? Nor be Lagos state ?You Dey ment and you deserve to live in hell like your master .
Again
Read very well
It is clear u dont have sense
Pls go and read and stop spreading lies and propaganda

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ripplesnigeria.com/fact-check-did-tinubu-receive-zero-allocation-as-governor/%3famp
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by Softmirror: 10:39pm On Jan 01, 2023
Anyiamaka:

Your reasoning is parochial and myopic. We are discussing Nigeria in the context of who will best fix our country and you are subtly shading Obasanjo. Tinubu does not and cannot threaten Obasanjo's legacies. Tinubu is a great man but OBJ is a great institution.

ALL I CAN SAY IS, OBASANJO IS PLAYING TABLES TENNIS WITH THE HEARTS AND BRAINS OF SOME NIGERIANS OUT OF FEAR.
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by HydraFeeds(m): 11:01pm On Jan 01, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

Again
Read very well
It is clear u dont have sense
Pls go and read and stop spreading lies and propaganda

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ripplesnigeria.com/fact-check-did-tinubu-receive-zero-allocation-as-governor/%3famp
as I’ve always said that all Obi supporters are gaslighters and they will be worse than hitler if given the chance to experiment with power .

Tinubu simply said he received zero lga allocation which is true

This is an article written in 2004 when it happened

https://allafrica.com/stories/200409090482.html

Lagos state lga expenditure was carried by the state government when it was denied which indirectly made it state money . You’re the one lacking sense because if local government is not functioning the state government will be pressurized with responsibilities and breakdown but Tinubu prevented that from happening by surviving without the funds and instead increased IGR astronomicallly . The seized funds is said to be about 30bn Naira .

The Devil always lie ,is unhappy with peoples successes and wants to break them down …you’re his number one messenger I hope the hell is not too hot for you ?
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by Devil1Messenger: 11:24pm On Jan 01, 2023
HydraFeeds:
as I’ve always said that all Obi supporters are gaslighters and they will be worse than hitler if given the chance to experiment with power .

The state lga expenditure was carried by the state government which indirectly made it state money . You’re the one lacking sense because if local government is not functioning the state government will be pressurized with responsibilities and breakdown but Tinubu prevented that from happening by surviving without the funds and instead increased IGR astronomicallly . The seized funds is said to be about 30bn Naira .

The Devil always lie ,is unhappy with peoples successes and wants to break them down …you’re his number one messenger I hope the hell is not too hot for you ?

HydraFeeds:

Lagos state lga expenditure was carried by the state government when it was denied which indirectly made it state money . You’re the one lacking sense because if local government is not functioning the state government will be pressurized with responsibilities and breakdown but Tinubu prevented that from happening by surviving without the funds and instead increased IGR astronomicallly . The seized funds is said to be about 30bn Naira .

grin
That hitler comparison should be directed to you guys
Its only wickedness that will make u see evil and try to paint it good
In all indices both national and internationally, Buhari administration has failed but APC supporters keep pushing useless narratives to defend it despite ths glaring failure. So thats the character of Hitler and for the fact the only reason you dont want Obi, is because he is an igbo man. You prefer a sick drug baron with baggages of corruption hanging on his neck because he is ur tribesmen cheesy

This funds was seized in 2004 and it didn't affect just Lagos state, why is Tinubu and his useless urchins always making a case out of it?
I have never seen or heard the then govs of kwara, ebonyi, katsina whose local govt funds were equally seized along side lagos local govt funds complain or cry on social media.
Tinubu was gov from 1999 to 2007 and the fund was seized in 2004. For the first 5yaers and the next 2years the funds wasn't seized, what was Tinubu doin with it?
U people are just fools
Funds was seized for just 6months out of 96months and here u are trying to deceive people to make it look like Tinubu never got allocation. it was even later released to Fashola govt
APC supporters are evils
See how u try to bend the whole story to fit your lies and propaganda
God will judge you people
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by HydraFeeds(m): 11:50pm On Jan 01, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

grin
That hitler comparison should be directed to you guys
Its only wickedness that will make u see evil and try to paint it good
In all indices both national and internationally, Buhari administration has failed but APC supporters keep pushing useless narratives to defend it despite ths glaring failure. So thats the character of Hitler and for the fact the only reason you dont want Obi, is because he is an igbo man. You prefer a sick drug baron with baggages of corruption hanging on his neck because he is ur tribesmen cheesy

This funds was seized in 2004 and it didn't affect just Lagos state, why is Tinubu and his useless urchins always making a case out of it?
I have never seen or heard the then govs of kwara, ebonyi, katsina whose local govt funds were equally seized along side lagos local govt funds complain or cry on social media.
Tinubu was gov from 1999 to 2007 and the fund was seized in 2004. For the first 5yaers and the next 2years the funds wasn't seized, what was Tinubu doin with it?
U people are just fools
Funds was seized for just 6months out of 96months and here u are trying to deceive people to make it look like Tinubu never got allocation. it was even later released to Fashola govt
APC supporters are evils
See how u try to bend the whole story to fit your lies and propaganda
God will judge you people
let us “assume” that Buhari failed , Tinubu is not Buhari . You can say they are in the same party but that doesn’t mean that Tinubu has the power to make decisions for the president since his position as national leader is just ceremonial and can only influence but couldn’t make decisions for the president and if your memory serves you well ,you will remember how Buhari shut him out of his government and people like you were laughing at him for being used .

Calling people evil for supporting a position without an objection is the attribute of hitler ,like when he was killing the Jews because he considered them bad/inferior in his own right without an objection . If Obi becomes president,him and his Obi supporters will probably kill off other people that are not supporting them ,destroy their infrastructure like they did during the endsars and how they’re destroying the entire South East region . We can see posts on Social media and especially on nairaland where Obi supporters are calling for the death of Tinubu supporters and also a devils messenger praying that God will judge someone for supporting who he thinks is the best in a democratic country.

None of the three candidates is clean and my reason for supporting Tinubu is because of his performance, Atiku has his own allegations,same as Tinubu and same as Obi as well . Anambra is the capital of drug business in Nigeria and higher percentage of drug pushers are of Igbo extraction ,Obi has not explained how he could afford a million dollar property as a student ,his involvement with Panama tax haven banks using his daughter to launder money and investment of state money in personal business . He underfunded state parastatals and disbanded local vigilante which let loose of urchins in anambra ,doctors were on strike for 13 months and himself was impeached as a governor due to incompetence.

It does not matter the number of months OBJ withheld the state lga funds so far it was withheld and how do you expect the lga to survive for that period can you stop eating for a month and said that it’s nothing ? You might probably die off during that period . Wether it was released to fashola or not is inconsequential because if the lga has broken down during Tinubu’s tenure people will say that he failed and fashola will meet a lot of mess .

Let me tell you now ,the only reason I can consider Obi is because of tribe that he’s Igbo and no Igbo man has become the president of Nigeria but you see even his kinsmen like Arthur and Soludo which are both heavy weights don’t want him because of his incompetence and his delusion of self-grandeur.

We’ve seen 16years of PDP and we’ve only seen 8 years of APC but we’ve not seen their all . Some nicompoop and neophytes are only saying that we should give Obi chance because they want another person to do it without considering his level of sophistication. They just want to do what we call trial and error . This is Nigeria and not a laboratory for rat .
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by Devil1Messenger: 12:27am On Jan 02, 2023
HydraFeeds:
let us “assume” that Buhari failed , Tinubu is not Buhari . You can say they are in the same party but that doesn’t mean that Tinubu has the power to make decisions for the president since his position as national leader is just ceremonial and can only influence but couldn’t make decisions for the president and if your memory serves you well ,you will remember how Buhari shut him out of his government and people like you were laughing at him for being used .

Calling people evil for supporting a position without an objection is the attribute of hitler ,like when he was killing the Jews because he considered them bad/inferior in his own right without an objection . If Obi becomes president,him and his Obi supporters will probably kill off other people that are not supporting them ,destroy their infrastructure like they did during the endsars and how they’re destroying the entire South East region . We can see posts on Social media and especially on nairaland where Obi supporters are calling for the death of Tinubu supporters and also a devils messenger praying that God will judge someone for supporting who he thinks is the best in a democratic country.

None of the three candidates is clean and my reason for supporting Tinubu is because of his performance, Atiku has his own allegations,same as Tinubu and same as Obi as well . Anambra is the capital of drug business in Nigeria and higher percentage of drug pushers are of Igbo extraction ,Obi has not explained how he could afford a million dollar property as a student ,his involvement with Panama tax haven banks using his daughter to launder money and investment of state money in personal business . He underfunded state parastatals and disbanded local vigilante which let loose of urchins in anambra ,doctors were on strike for 13 months and himself was impeached as a governor due to incompetence.

It does not matter the number of months OBJ withheld the state lga funds so far it was withheld and how do you expect the lga to survive for that period can you stop eating for a month and said that it’s nothing ? You might probably die off during that period . Wether it was released to fashola or not is inconsequential because if the lga has broken down during Tinubu’s tenure people will say that he failed and fashola will meet a lot of mess .

Let me tell you now ,the only reason I can consider Obi is because of tribe that he’s Igbo and no Igbo man has become the president of Nigeria but you see even his kinsmen like Arthur and Soludo which are both heavy weights don’t want him because of his incompetence and his delusion of self-grandeur.

We’ve seen 16years of PDP and we’ve only seen 8 years of APC but we’ve not seen their all . Some nicompoop and neophytes are only saying that we should give Obi chance because they want another person to do it without considering his level of sophistication. They just want to do what we call trial and error . This is Nigeria not a laboratory for rat .
So convenient for u to use the crisis in the east which is as a result of one of the failures of buhari led govt to properly manage crisis and harmonise the country as one using his power as the chief security officer of the country, but here u are again, using it to taunt Obi.
If not hatred for the East, the crisis there can not be equated to half of wat goes on in the North unreported everyday. U guys will keep quiet with the atrocities in the North and mock the SE with their crisis which for me is more of politically motivated.

How dare u even compare Obi to any of the candidates? We all know Obi is not a saint on a human level but where Atiku or Tinubu is, Obi is a white angel.

You couldn't even hide ur hatred for Obi and Anambra, just recently NDLEA discovered the biggest drug warehouse in africa ever, here in Lagos, not just once but on several occasions, but here you are directing it to Anambra again becos of ur hatred for Obi grin
When those drug warehouses was discovered and the drugs burnt same week, i wasn't even surprised grin when the Lagos landlord is a drug pusher grin

Abeg i wan go sleep

All the accusation u have made against Obi is actually for Tinubu. All ur replies and claim are all the many sins of Tinubu, from drug to tribalism to corruption to financing terrorism to lies and propagandas Etc
I don't just engage for engagement sake, i have done my home work and researches. And for somoeone like me that was born and brought up in Lagos, there is nothing about Tinubu u can tell me
There no way u will paint Tinubu for me
I know how lagos was before Tinubu era, during Tinubu era and after Tinubu era
Tinubu is the biggest thief and the most corrupt politicians alive in Nigeria
So guy goodnight
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by HydraFeeds(m): 12:48am On Jan 02, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

So convenient for u to use the crisis in the east which is as a result of one of the failures of buhari led govt to properly manage crisis and harmonise the country as one using his power as the chief security officer of the country, but here u are again, using it to taunt Obi.
If not hatred for the East, the crisis there can not be equated to half of wat goes on in the North unreported everyday. U guys will keep quiet with the atrocities in the North and mock the SE with their crisis which for me is more of politically motivated.

How dare u even compare Obi to any of the candidates? We all know Obi is not a saint on a human level but where Atiku or Tinubu is, Obi is a white angel.

You couldn't even hide ur hatred for Obi and Anambra, just recently NDLEA discovered the biggest drug warehouse in africa ever, here in Lagos, not just once but on several occasions, but here you are directing it to Anambra again becos of ur hatred for Obi grin
When those drug warehouses was discovered and the drugs burnt same week, i wasn't even surprised grin when the Lagos landlord is a drug pusher grin

Abeg i wan go sleep

All the accusation u have made against Obi is actually for Tinubu. All ur replies and claim are all the many sins of Tinubu, from drug to tribalism to corruption to financing terrorism to lies and propagandas Etc
I don't just engage for engagement sake, i have done my home work and researches. And for somoeone like me that was born and brought up in Lagos, there is nothing about Tinubu u can tell me
There no way u will paint Tinubu for me
I know how lagos was before Tinubu era, during Tinubu era and after Tinubu era
Tinubu is the biggest thief and the most corrupt politicians alive in Nigeria
So guy goodnight

Yes it’s convenient to use East as a case study the same way I can make any region a case study depending on circumstances. There’s a time OPC were doing beyond their designated assignments in southwest and their wings were clipped by the elders but the IPOB has been ravaging without any elders clipping their wings . There’s little Buhari can do because even though you call him chief security officer ,when he brought army your people were shouting genocide not to also forget that you people didn’t vote for him a visible indication that you don’t want him and there’s nothing he would do that will look good in your eyes .

I’m not arguing wether Obi is cleaner than the rest but my point is that all the three leading candidates have their own allegations which you agree with so it’s self denial to consider one an angel because the beautiful ones are not yet born and all the three leading candidates belong to the same category,we’ve seen how LP members are mismanaging campaign mobilization funds let alone how they will manage Nigerias funds,another case study of animal farm. Even Obi was a vice to Atiku during last election and we all know that his defection to LP is for selfish reasons because he foresaw a failure against PDP power brokers . He’s been running from APGA to PDP and now LP ,an example of an unstable leader.

You and I both know that the easterners have the highest percentage of drug pushers in Nigeria,we see the news on front page everyday and the one that was discovered in Ikorodu Lagos is probably owned by an Igbo man .

Lagos exists before Tinubu but Tinubu’s impact is wonderful not to talk of how he single handedly built ACN from AD and form APC wrestling power from the incumbency and also has higher rate of Human Development Index compared to the other two candidates not to even talk about the quality and quantity of investments attracted to their states (or influenced to the country if we’re considering Atiku as a VP or private business owner ) .

Obi is a crook and his tenure will be worse than Jonathan if he won by chance . Here’s him being engaged by one of his followers recently but he failed woefully.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm1gPV7jHmI/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by Dieselman: 2:24am On Jan 02, 2023
Most of you Obi supporters like to gaslight . I simply gave two reasons why Obj might not want to support Tinubu ,instead of you to respond like someone that’s educated and can counter my position with an objective reason ,you resort to insults which is the flagship trademark of Obi supporters .

If you’re talking about someone that can fix Nigeria ,is the answer Obi ?or can his antecedents be compared to that of Tinubu’s in terms of fixing something?

There’s a video online yesterday where one Of his followers asked him questions about fixing Nigeria pipeline to prevent oil theft and increase productivity. His response that he will give him his number and discuss the matter with him behind camera . His actions is like a dullard teacher that gave students complicated homework because he couldn’t solve it . Truly birds of a feather flocks together .[/quote] LOL the pain of this endorsement is excruciating to some people.

Una sorry ok!
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by jude79(m): 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2023
HydraFeeds:

Most of you Obi supporters like to gaslight . I simply gave two reasons why Obj might not want to support Tinubu ,instead of you to respond like someone that’s educated and can counter my position with an objective reason ,you resort to insults which is the flagship trademark of Obi supporters .

If you’re talking about someone that can fix Nigeria ,is the answer Obi ?or can his antecedents be compared to that of Tinubu’s in terms of fixing something?

There’s a video online yesterday where one Of his followers asked him questions about fixing Nigeria pipeline to prevent oil theft and increase productivity. His response that he will give him his number and discuss the matter with him behind camera . His actions is like a dullard teacher that gave students complicated homework because he couldn’t solve it . Truly birds of a feather flocks together .

In view of what you highlighted, I think obi was on point in his response to the pipeline question due to vested interest, investigations carried out over the years has shown that Individuals involved are part and parcel of the ruling class, it will be akin to placing the cart before the horse, if obi is to disclose their identify or the punishment to be meted out on them, since he's yet to win the president of Nigeria, he can't step on big toes for now.
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by HydraFeeds(m): 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2023
jude79:

In view of what you highlighted, I think obi was on point in his response to the pipeline question due to vested interest, investigations carried out over the years has shown that Individuals involved are part and parcel of the ruling class, it will be akin to placing the cart before the horse, if obi is to disclose their identify or the punishment to be meted out on them, since he's yet to win the president of Nigeria, he can't step on big toes for now.

In my understanding , what his follower is talking about is embedded systems to enhance productivity and surveillance . Even though I’m sure that neither Tinubu nor Atiku can also answer the question since it’s a technical operation and not their area of specialization ( presidents rely on aids and professionals to make technical decisions) . He could have just come clean by saying we will make some feasibility studies but if we assume that what you’re saying is correct ,the same reasons he doesn’t want to step on toes now is the same reasons he won’t want to step on toes when he becomes the president because there are people capable of frustrating a sitting president and even removing him from sit that are eating from Nigeria corruption . Remember he was once impeached as a governor.

If he doesn’t want to step on toes as a president,he will become a weak president because he will accept a lot of shit just to keep his position . Not to even talk about the same order he consider corrupt that are backing him for endorsement and himself running to them for same ,people like Eneche,Obj,Gumi,Okupe and other state men .
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by jude79(m): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2023
HydraFeeds:

In my understanding , what his follower is talking about is embedded systems to enhance productivity and surveillance . Even though I’m sure that neither Tinubu nor Atiku can also answer the question since it’s a technical operation and not their area of specialization ( presidents rely on aids and professionals to make technical decisions) . He could have just come clean by saying we will make some feasibility studies but if we assume that what you’re saying is correct ,the same reasons he doesn’t want to step on toes now is the same reasons he won’t want to step on toes when he becomes the president because there are people capable of frustrating a sitting president and even removing him from sit that are eating from Nigeria corruption . Remember he was once impeached as a governor.

If he doesn’t want to step on toes as a president,he will become a weak president because he will accept a lot of shit just to keep his position . Not to even talk about the same order he consider corrupt that are backing him for endorsement and himself running to them for same ,people like Eneche,Obj,Gumi,Okupe and other state men .

You can be right, he might not go for the likes of obasanjo, enenche, gumi okupe, etc, yet history of obi's antecedents in governance doesn't support complete neglect of their hands and legs, especially in terms of security, to the extent that such big men relocated abandoning their boys, most of whom where gunned down, others were arrested, the lucky ones left anambara, so like I said, you can be right, he might not go the way of probing their loots, or recovering what they have already stolen from the pipelines, but as anambara example showed, when he tackled kidnappers, he has the grits and will to engineer a security set-up that can take care of pipeline vandals, back to anambara as of then, manufacturing hubs and smees replaced kidnappers touts and criminals, not sure about this but I believe some of the bold criminals actually came back and re-invested their loots into smes, others invested through real business men, this in turn created a lot of employment for secondary school leavers, and graduates, that was what propelled the industrial layout in onitsha, awka and nnewi
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by HydraFeeds(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2023
jude79:

You can be right, he might not go for the likes of obasanjo, enenche, gumi okupe, etc, yet history of obi's antecedents in governance doesn't support complete neglect of their hands and legs, especially in terms of security, to the extent that such big men relocated abandoning their boys, most of whom where gunned down, others were arrested, the lucky ones left anambara, so like I said, you can be right, he might not go the way of probing their loots, or recovering what they have already stolen from the pipelines, but as anambara example showed, when he tackled kidnappers, he has the grits and will to engineer a security set-up that can take care of pipeline vandals, back to anambara as of then, manufacturing hubs and smees replaced kidnappers touts and criminals, not sure about this but I believe some of the bold criminals actually came back and re-invested their loots into smes, others invested through real business men, this in turn created a lot of employment for secondary school leavers, and graduates, that was what propelled the industrial layout in onitsha, awka and nnewi

firstly I must say that you’re the only Obi supporter that I have seen that doesn’t get emotional ,insult or commit logical fallacies but go straight to the point .

But there are many uproar during his tenure in respect to security ,he was said that he disbanded local vigilante to cut cost which resulted into insecurity since most federal law enforcement agency can’t cover certain areas

https://saharareporters.com/2013/04/11/former-deputy-governor-anambra-state-killed-kidnappers

https://thenationonlineng.net/six-killed-in-anambra-robbery-incident/

That’s just two examples in 2013 …there are many case studies in 2013 alone a year before he handed over not to talk of the series of crimes in his years as governor also the sars head was a k*illing machine dumping bodies in the river. Obiano met a lot of insecurities and was dismantling kidnappers dem in his first year of government.

I’m not saying there’s no crime during other candidates time as well but my point is that the person touted as messiah is just a wolf in sheep clothing and bird of a feather whim we shouldn’t expect must from .

I believe some people will disagree that those that reinvested their crime proceeds during his governorship boosted the smes because the IGR generated during his tenure is not much compare to others .

The only thing he did and deserve applause is the savings he left in state coven (though from underfunding state parastatals,many anambra people were not happy then but supporting him now because of he’s our child )
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by jude79(m): 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
HydraFeeds:

firstly I must say that you’re the only Obi supporter that I have seen that doesn’t get emotional ,insult or commit logical fallacies but go straight to the point .

But there are many uproar during his tenure in respect to security ,he was said that he disbanded local vigilante to cut cost which resulted into insecurity since most federal law enforcement agency can’t cover certain areas

https://saharareporters.com/2013/04/11/former-deputy-governor-anambra-state-killed-kidnappers

https://thenationonlineng.net/six-killed-in-anambra-robbery-incident/

That’s just two examples in 2013 …there are many case studies in 2013 alone a year before he handed over not to talk of the series of crimes in his years as governor also the sars head was a k*illing machine dumping bodies in the river. Obiano met a lot of insecurities and was dismantling kidnappers dem in his first year of government.

I’m not saying there’s no crime during other candidates time as well but my point is that the person touted as messiah is just a wolf in sheep clothing and bird of a feather whim we shouldn’t expect must from .

I believe some people will disagree that those that reinvested their crime proceeds during his governorship boosted the smes because the IGR generated during his tenure is not much compare to others .

The only thing he did and deserve applause is the savings he left in state coven (though from underfunding state parastatals,many anambra people were not happy then but supporting him now because of he’s our child )

There were uproars actually, but the case of obi and obiano is like David doing the gritty dirty works while Solomon inherited the glory, obi came in when governor was not even safe in anambara, and chinwoke mbadinuju was owing teachers 13 months, not to talk of workers pension, ngige could care less ( you saw how he handled ASUU) anambara's road to rural communities was an eyesore, kidnapping was rampant, godfathers, criminals agberos and all kinds of touts hold sway bearing different acronyms like " ndi npiawa azu" meaning, back breaking caners, " ndi ntigbu ukwu aziza" meaning, gather like broom and beat up everybody, the rampaging ogbaru youths, under the leadership of fela pikin, and opposing obosi youths, fight, fracas and altercation usually occur between these groups, and how dare you be seen around markets environs a minute after 5, it was clash after clash, these were the vigilantes obi dismantle with the help of RRS, rapid response squad, in there place, avs was formed and Nigerian navy were drafted in, giving special training on disciplining and working with the anambara people, yes anambara people are the most stubborn stock you can get anywhere in Nigeria, and did they oppose obi's tactics? The gave it back to him, shootouts with police, navy and avs at the criminals various hideout, at a point, he obi had to be in on battle groundwit security agents to dislodge these criminals, if in doubt ask the Nigerian police. Ogbaru youths and Obosi youths were all usually armed with machetes, pump action and ak 47, mpiawa azu goes around with bunch of canes and ak 47, ukwu aziza were actually the first broom holding merchants before APC, they back the brooms up with ak 47, this was before ak 47 wielding Fulani herdsmen and bandits, and they all move in numbers ranging in 30s , 40s and above, discharging "wider wider" to anyone who dare oppose them, on top of all these were the dreaded omata boys with there machete, pump action and ak, it was endless clash after clash, but you know the funny thing, by the end of obi's tenure, only the Navy, police and avs survived, and that is what obiano inherited, the crux of the battle was fought by obi, obiano who inherited fidelity bank from obi who transformed small fidelity to a mega bank, later inherited anambara state government from obi, he had followed obi from the time the were classmates at ckc, you know how it goes, while obi is calculated and a manager of scarce resources to produce wealth, obiano always comes in when the job has been done to bask in the wealth splurge it and collect the glory. Again their will always be armed robbers
As for whether some criminals invested in smes, it has happened in US and other countries, and like I said it was presumed, I can't back my claims since it's rumour, for IGR, things are not usually as they seem, we need to look closely, look during his second tenure, I was a fresher in futo owerri, Charles soludo was finishing his tenure or had Dee finished his tenure then as CBN governor, and he visited our school for some functions, he was billed to give a lecture, and I was a drooling fan of his, so naturally I attended the lecture, moreso, exam finished a day prior, he came into our biggest lecture hall, was introduced to our ovations, he mounted the podium and greeted everybody, he then stared seriously at the audience and released a statement I can't forget till today, he said " it's the last month of the year and 60% of Nigerian business transaction money is in southeast, more especially, onitsha, and the hall went silent
Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by HydraFeeds(m): 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
jude79:

There where uproars actually, but the case of obi and obiano is like David doing the gritty dirty works while Solomon inherited the glory, obi came in when governor was not even safe in anambara, and chinwoke mbadinuju was owing teachers 13 months, not to talk o workers pension, ngige could care less ( you saw how he handled ASUU) anambara's road to rural communities was an eyesore, kidnapping was rampant, godfathers, criminals agberos and all kinds of touts hold sway bearing different acronyms like " ndi npiawa azu" meaning, back breaking caners, " ndi ntigbu ukwu aziza" meaning, gather like broom and beat up everybody, the rampaging ogbaru youths, under the leadership of fela pikin, and opposing obosi youths, fight, fracas and altercation usually occur between these groups, and how dare you be seen around markets environs a minute after 5, it was clash after clash, these were the vigilantes obi dismantle with the help of RRS, rapid response squad, in there place avs was formed and Nigerian navy were drafted in, giving special training on disciplining and working with the anambara people, yes anambara people are the most stubborn stock you can get anywhere in Nigeria, and did they oppose obi's tactics? The gave it back to him, shootouts with police, navy and avs at the criminals various hideout, at a point, he obi had to be in on battle ground to dislodge this criminals, if in doubt ask the Nigerian police, ogbaru youths and obosi youths were all usually armed with machetes, pump action and ak 47, mpiawa azu goes around with bunch of canes and ak 47, ukwu aziza were actually the first broom holding merchants before APC, they back the brooms up with ak 47, this was before ak 47 wielding Fulani herdsmen and bandits, and they all move in numbers ranging in 30s , 40s and above, discharging "wider wider" to anyone who dare oppose them, on top of all these were the dreaded omata boys with there machete, pump action and ak, it was endless clash after clash, but you know the funny thing, by the end of obi's tenure, only the Navy, police and avs survived, and that is what obiano inherited, the crux of the battle was fought by obi, obiano who inherited fidelity bank from obi later inherited anambara state government from obi, he had followed obi from the time the were classmates at ckc, you know how it goes, while obi is calculated and a manager of scarce resources to produce wealth, obiano always comes in when the job has been done to bask in the wealth splurge it and collect the glory. Again their will always be armed robbers
As for whether some criminals invested in smes, it has happened in US and other countries, for IGR, look during his second tenure, I was a fresher in futo owerri, Charles soludo was then CBN governor, and he visited our school for some functions, he was billed to give a lecture, and I was a drooling fan of his, so naturally I attended the lecture, moreso, exam finished a day prior, he came into our biggest lecture hall, was introduced to our ovations, he mounted the podium and greeted everybody, he then stared seriously at the audience and released a statement I can't forget till today, he said " it's the last month of the year and 60% of Nigerian business transaction money is in southeast, more especially, onitsha, and the hall went silent

Mbadinuju mess shouldn’t have much impact on his government because Andy Uba would have served as a shock absorber to that and only the latter mess can be inherited.

A government performance is rated by the standards he met and the standards he left . Even though his tenure was messed with impeachment due to his vulnerabilities but it should be accounted for .

If truly he fought crimes like you said because even statistics shows that he spent 500m out of 600m monthly igr on security votes leaving just 100m for other expenditures which resulted in other sectors like healthcare underfunded (also remember that security votes is how government officials steal most money aside contracts because their expeditions contain black budget),then crimes should have reduced drastically and all the criminal activities we see online should have died down .

If we also talk about some vigilante that were disbanded because of their undoings ,most of them took to crime because they have no other alternatives to survive like Bakasi boys that their den was demolished by Obiano . If Obi had done his job like you parodied David-Solomon story , Obiano shouldn’t have had to raise a finger because there was no record that Solomon fought a single war .

Also I will be attaching a picture of IGR in Obi’s time and in Obiano’s time . If Obiano is a happy-go-lucky as you described him Anambra standard was supposed to fall due to his incompetence not rise . Also we should also put in consideration that a criminal will go to another state to enjoy his or her loot than go back to where he’s being hounded . A typical example is Alison Madueke that ditched Nigeria to avoid Dasukis treatment . Obiano demolished criminals homes .

modified your last statement is an assumption because there’s no evidence to back it up not to even talk about Lagos that manages most of the imports that are sent to the Southeast.

Re: JUST IN: Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi For Presidency by orisa37: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
Very good. OBASANJO is NIGERIA. He fought and won NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Meets With Yusuf - Photos / Asiwaju Tinubu With Beatiful APC Ladies. Pictures. / Fayose Storms Lagos, Leads Campaign For Sanwo-olu Ahead Of Saturday's Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.