Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

A Man Refused Payment Of 72.7 Million Naira After Winning - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Man Refused Payment Of 72.7 Million Naira After Winning (1021 Views)

Bayer Leverkusen Players Dance To Flavour’s Hit Song After Winning Bundesliga / Manchester United Are Closing In On Real Madrid's Casemiro For £50.7 Million / 1960bet Refused Payment Of Winnings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Refused Payment Of 72.7 Million Naira After Winning by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 5:26pm On Jan 01, 2023
A lottery company, Green Lotto and its agent, Charles Akhenanen, have been taken before the High Court at Tafawa Balewa Square over their refusal to pay a businessman his win of N72,7000,000.

The reports that Green Lotto is owned by Brentwood Multiservices Global Limited, based in the Ikorodu area of Lagos.

According to the complainant, Jide Martins who testified before Modupe Nicol-Clay, he played the lotto on January 29, 2021, with N330,000, and the winning numbers were announced, and he won the game. Still, the company refused to pay him the winning sum.

He said apart from playing the game with Green Lotto, he had played another with another company and won N48 million, which he went to Ojuelegba to claim.

The witness said after collecting the one he won at Premier Lotto, he went to Green Lotto the following day to claim the N72.7 million, but the company declined to pay him.

He stated that the company told him their system was faulty and the result had been deleted.

He said:

“I asked Charles, was it after the game declared the winner the machine developed a fault or before, but the defendant chased me out, and I had no option but to report to the police.
“Before I played that game on January 29, I had played on January 26 with N50,000 or N60,000, and I lost. That isn’t my first time playing the game with them. Sometimes I win, and other times, I lose.
“So, I asked Charles that the day I played N500,000 and N1m and I didn’t win, the machine did not develop a fault, but now that I won, the machine is no longer working.”
The complainant said he reported the case to Area B in Apapa, and the Lotto company was invited but could not honour the invitation.

Another meeting, he said, was arranged with the Lottery board, where they asked the company to pay him.

He said he was offered N10 million by Green Lotto, which was rejected and then went to the national lottery board in , where they offered him N13 million and upped the amount to N20 million when he reported to Zone 2 before the case was sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions for advice.

The man admitted to having won a game from Green Lotto in the past, saying in 2019, he had won N40 million, which the company paid him.

Green Lotto agent appeared in court on June 6, 2022, over the alleged stealing of N72.7 million.

According to @oku_yungx who shared the story on Twitter, the lad's master requested that he is given half of the total winning.

The tweep said things ended in the favor of the boss as market people prevailed upon the young man to do it.

Source: legit ng
Re: A Man Refused Payment Of 72.7 Million Naira After Winning by Wawelexy(m): 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2023
Collect your money to the last penny.... They don't know how it feels to lose money...

1 Like

Re: A Man Refused Payment Of 72.7 Million Naira After Winning by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2023
Wawelexy:
Collect your money to the last penny.... They don't know how it feels to lose money...

They enjoy when customer is losing.
Useless company

2 Likes

Re: A Man Refused Payment Of 72.7 Million Naira After Winning by onomeabuja: 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2023
Nigeriafirstlad:
A lottery company, Green Lotto and its agent, Charles Akhenanen, have been taken before the High Court at Tafawa Balewa Square over their refusal to pay a businessman his win of N72,7000,000.

The reports that Green Lotto is owned by Brentwood Multiservices Global Limited, based in the Ikorodu area of Lagos.

According to the complainant, Jide Martins who testified before Modupe Nicol-Clay, he played the lotto on January 29, 2021, with N330,000, and the winning numbers were announced, and he won the game. Still, the company refused to pay him the winning sum.

He said apart from playing the game with Green Lotto, he had played another with another company and won N48 million, which he went to Ojuelegba to claim.

The witness said after collecting the one he won at Premier Lotto, he went to Green Lotto the following day to claim the N72.7 million, but the company declined to pay him.

He stated that the company told him their system was faulty and the result had been deleted.

He said:

“I asked Charles, was it after the game declared the winner the machine developed a fault or before, but the defendant chased me out, and I had no option but to report to the police.
“Before I played that game on January 29, I had played on January 26 with N50,000 or N60,000, and I lost. That isn’t my first time playing the game with them. Sometimes I win, and other times, I lose.
“So, I asked Charles that the day I played N500,000 and N1m and I didn’t win, the machine did not develop a fault, but now that I won, the machine is no longer working.”
The complainant said he reported the case to Area B in Apapa, and the Lotto company was invited but could not honour the invitation.

Another meeting, he said, was arranged with the Lottery board, where they asked the company to pay him.

He said he was offered N10 million by Green Lotto, which was rejected and then went to the national lottery board in , where they offered him N13 million and upped the amount to N20 million when he reported to Zone 2 before the case was sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions for advice.

The man admitted to having won a game from Green Lotto in the past, saying in 2019, he had won N40 million, which the company paid him.

Green Lotto agent appeared in court on June 6, 2022, over the alleged stealing of N72.7 million.

According to @oku_yungx who shared the story on Twitter, the lad's master requested that he is given half of the total winning.

The tweep said things ended in the favor of the boss as market people prevailed upon the young man to do it.

Source: Punch newspaper
mr blogger
this is 2023 & u are here pasting very very old story that has bin read & read on nairaland forum embarassed
wount u find something good to do with ur life this 2023
sorry for u oo
Re: A Man Refused Payment Of 72.7 Million Naira After Winning by aycapri(m): 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2023
Lol, scammers
Re: A Man Refused Payment Of 72.7 Million Naira After Winning by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2023
onomeabuja:

mr blogger
this is 2023 & u are here pasting very very old story that has bin read & read on nairaland forum embarassed
sorry for u oo

The matter is still dragging in court.
No judgement has been given.

What exactly are u doing with ur life?
Serious minded people do not visit this God forsaken platform.
Re: A Man Refused Payment Of 72.7 Million Naira After Winning by Wawelexy(m): 5:38pm On Jan 01, 2023
Nigeriafirstlad:

They enjoy when customer is losing.
Useless company

Don't mind them, if you know the number of life this people has ruined and made miserable, you won't pity a dime...

They collect people salary, house rent, life savings, even money kept in your care without any remorse... They would tell you that no one forced you to play... Now someone has one, they re looking for negotiations... Sue their ass to any f*cking court...

1 Like

Re: A Man Refused Payment Of 72.7 Million Naira After Winning by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
Are you guys aware that bet9ja has review their payout terms?They may be paying bit by bit if a winning is up to 10m.They may pay 1 or 2m gradually until they the complete it.What if i want to be staking on loan?will they accept?
Re: A Man Refused Payment Of 72.7 Million Naira After Winning by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2023
onomeabuja:

mr blogger
sorry for u oo
Are you the culprit?I am hearing this news for the first time.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Premiership Dream Team / Tennis: Cincinnati Masters / Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.